StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just got a new laptop a couple of days ago. Whenever I use RPG Maker MV, these weird... graphic things keep popping up.

RPGMV Wtf1.png
RPGMV Wtf2.png

This only happens in RPG Maker and nowhere else.

My specs are...
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.2GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.81 GB usable)

Nothing negative has happened yet, but should I be worried?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, so, I get this too, on one of my machines. This only seems to be happening on my intel IGPU machine for me. It doesn't happen anywhere else where I'm using dedicated GPUs. I think it's just an intel graphics issue?

Happens with MZ too. Either way, since it's a gpu issue I don't think it'll cause any other adverse effects.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Either your GPU has some kind of defect, which is somehow only triggered by MV, or your graphics drivers are buggy. Considering you didn't mention any discrete GPU, I'm assuming you're using an iGPU (integrated within your Intel CPU).

I've had bugs with an Intel iGPU in FEZ before. Not the same kind of bug, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is caused by Intel's drivers being bad. I'd recommend looking for new graphics drivers and installing them if possible, see if the issue persists.

Should you be worried?
Well, not really, since it's just a display bug. The worst that'll happen is your graphics will be messed up, which is annoying, but not dangerous. However, if for some reason you use your iGPU for something other than rendering graphics (e.g. mining cryptocurrencies, training a Machine Learning model or Deep Neural Network, Folding at Home, etc.), then a graphics defect/bug might cause some serious issues somewhere down the line, which you definitely don't want happening.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This comes up with some degree of frequency. It's usually, as I recall, drivers without OpenGL support.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, it has nothing to do with opengl support - if that support is missing, then you get whitescreen.

It is common on coputers with two display chips, when windows tries to run MV and MZ on the wrong driver.
before Win10 the setting that needed to be corrected was in the intel graphic driver configuration - NOT the windows one, but the specific setup for the intel driver.

With win10 I've heard that the setting moved to windows options, but I'm not sure about that. try both

you need to find the setting that decides which display chip is the primary or which program runs on which display chip.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't think it's about multiple display chips, since the computer that I have that has the problem ONLY has an IGPU. I think it's an intel driver issue, which are quite common.

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had bugs with an Intel iGPU in FEZ before. Not the same kind of bug, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is caused by Intel's drivers being bad. I'd recommend looking for new graphics drivers and installing them if possible, see if the issue persists.
I've updated them, and nothing changed.

It is common on coputers with two display chips, when windows tries to run MV and MZ on the wrong driver.
before Win10 the setting that needed to be corrected was in the intel graphic driver configuration - NOT the windows one, but the specific setup for the intel driver.
I only have one display chip.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zayysnapped