[MV]Yanfly's Core Engine doesn't resize the project

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Hipersonicc, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Hipersonicc

Hipersonicc Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello, i've been using Rpg maker Mv for 2 months or so (i have previous experience with XP), but after finishing my project, i've encountered a problem: The Yanfly's Core Engine doesn't resize the screen on the editor!! Is this issue only on the editor (test game function)? Because in the yanfly video, he resizes it and it works, but even after disabling all my other puglins, changing the Width and Height parameters doesn't seem to make it work.

Any ideas? It's a project for the college and i'm kinda in a hurry, as i wanted to make a good mobile device game and the resolution probably won't match the device!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
  2. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Plugins can't actually change anything in the editor. Are you sure about what you were seeing in the video?

3. Hipersonicc

First Language:
    Spanish
    Maybe i explained wrong? I mean the "test game" function on the editor.

And if you were refering to that, i worked with the rest of plugins quite well in the test game function.

The video shows a transition between pressing the key "test game" and actually showing it, but i think that was for merely display purposes, i don't think he actually created the installation to try that out

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Did you tell the plugin what resolution you want it to use? If not it should still revert to default.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    additionally, it might be that you added another plugin with the same option, overwriting the change done by yanlfy, or yanfly's plugin could be disabled by something.

6. Hipersonicc

First Language:
    Spanish
    I created another project, only with the yanfly core engine, changed the default set resolution and it doesnt work, what can be causing this to not work?

The plugin seems to work in other aspects (i guess, either way some yanfly battle system derivates plugins won't work...)

Right now i cant post pictures of it, but i change the first 2 parameters and that's it i change nothing more, and the screen always look the same square...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
  7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    have you perhaps renamed the plugin file? that usually breaks the functions of most plugins, because the filename becomes part of the data structure and if it is different than assumed by the plugin writer, most plugins won't work.

Or did you load a saved game? because part of the plugin data is saved with the game data and you need to start a new game for new settings to work.

Third option: incompatibility between default core files and yanfly's plugins - is everything updated to the newest version?