[MV] YAVI (robot collecting, sci-fi, comedy)

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

store_capsule_header.png

PLOT
A retro Sci-Fi RPG game about a lazy postman named Yavi and his robot partner Bit.

Yavi does not yet realize how important a shipment he has to deliver. Unknowingly, he steps into the middle of a political intrigue that will change the universe forever.
A shady security company called "EH" will try to stop him, causing Yavi to face some not-so-smart mercenaries in robot fights.
The whole adventure is accompanied by the onboard robot Bit, who constantly reminds Yavi that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

SCREENSHOTS
yavi 13.11.2021 15_22_42.pngyavi 13.11.2021 15_26_20.pngyavi 13.11.2021 15_48_47.pngyavi 13.11.2021 15_29_20.png

SPECIAL THANKS
As I said before, there were many moments of darkness when I didn't know how to go further but thanks to the knowledge and helps of these people I didn't give up:

@Soulrender
@Eliaquim
@CHKNRAVE
@Milennin
@caethyril

LOCATIONS
The story takes place in a Solar System. There are four locations including three planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars) and one moon (Enceladus).

The game is also available on Itch.io: ITCH.IO LINK

PrimitivePixels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats again on releasing your game! I hope it's doing well!

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!
Well it could be doing better but I talked to Drifty from Driftwood Gaming and he will play the game live this week. I'm sure it will help a little :)

PrimitivePixels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!
Well it could be doing better but I talked to Drifty from Driftwood Gaming and he will play the game live this week. I'm sure it will help a little :)
Oh really cool! Can't wait to catch his playthrough!

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think the art all looks great, very creative designs. Love the humor and setting as well. Also like the combat system. I think you would benefit from making some action sequences to make the battles have more dynamic movement.

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the art all looks great, very creative designs. Love the humor and setting as well. Also like the combat system. I think you would benefit from making some action sequences to make the battles have more dynamic movement.
Thank you! For now I have updated the battle pacing. It's quite faster and the player does not have to wait after each attack. Although I will learn more about action sequences before next update or next part of the game.

Last update details:

-Added a little dust animation in the Junkyards
-Faster-paced battle (no more waiting for nothing after each attack)
-Improved damage calculations
-No more autorun-dialogues (except Intro and Outro which is needed for a good synchro)
-Added Yavi's face to the menu in the beginning of a game (when he has no robots)
-Fixed some language issues
-Got rid of the cursed sign (sorry for that, I didn't mean to offend anybody)
-Added a few more little easter eggs
-Some bugs

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
March Update 1.09 is complete!
Quick list of changes:
-Faster animations (even more dynamic battles)
-Training opportunity added at every workshop
-Face the new powerful robot called Phantom!
-Some minor fixes

UPDATE109 i fantom.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Unfortunately, while trying to run an app I needed (curse you, Adobe!), my laptop blacked out, so my data got wiped when I got it repaired. Stuff like facesets are saved in my drive, but my sprites now only exist as screenshots I've taken in the past :kaocry:To be fair, I'm a little relieved, since I've been feeling unsatisfied with the visual style of the character sprites, and I guess I can now revamp them?

after lot's of edits to Mike's attacks (to make it seamless with movement, no EX versions, cost 1-ups), I finally got combo skills to work. had to do a lot moving tho to get the combo list to appear where it is lol. that actually took longer than setting up the moves.
What's kind of amazing is I've been in a developmental rut for the LONGEST time but putting a music mix on of video game soundtracks and specifically hearing the VX Ace music come up and it's nostalgia of me being excited to make my first game has REALLY got me going again!
Finally finished my tiefling!
F222514F-9F32-4B97-88C3-664E8A2134C3.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siantknight1120