[MV] YAVI (robot collecting, sci-fi, comedy)

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

store_capsule_header.png

PLOT
A retro Sci-Fi RPG game about a lazy postman named Yavi and his robot partner Bit.

Yavi does not yet realize how important a shipment he has to deliver. Unknowingly, he steps into the middle of a political intrigue that will change the universe forever.
A shady security company called "EH" will try to stop him, causing Yavi to face some not-so-smart mercenaries in robot fights.
The whole adventure is accompanied by the onboard robot Bit, who constantly reminds Yavi that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

SCREENSHOTS
yavi 13.11.2021 15_22_42.pngyavi 13.11.2021 15_26_20.pngyavi 13.11.2021 15_48_47.pngyavi 13.11.2021 15_29_20.png

SPECIAL THANKS
As I said before, there were many moments of darkness when I didn't know how to go further but thanks to the knowledge and helps of these people I didn't give up:

@Soulrender
@Eliaquim
@CHKNRAVE
@Milennin
@caethyril

LOCATIONS
The story takes place in a Solar System. There are four locations including three planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars) and one moon (Enceladus).

The game is also available on Itch.io: ITCH.IO LINK

PrimitivePixels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats again on releasing your game! I hope it's doing well!

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!
Well it could be doing better but I talked to Drifty from Driftwood Gaming and he will play the game live this week. I'm sure it will help a little :)

PrimitivePixels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!
Well it could be doing better but I talked to Drifty from Driftwood Gaming and he will play the game live this week. I'm sure it will help a little :)
Oh really cool! Can't wait to catch his playthrough!

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think the art all looks great, very creative designs. Love the humor and setting as well. Also like the combat system. I think you would benefit from making some action sequences to make the battles have more dynamic movement.

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the art all looks great, very creative designs. Love the humor and setting as well. Also like the combat system. I think you would benefit from making some action sequences to make the battles have more dynamic movement.
Thank you! For now I have updated the battle pacing. It's quite faster and the player does not have to wait after each attack. Although I will learn more about action sequences before next update or next part of the game.

Last update details:

-Added a little dust animation in the Junkyards
-Faster-paced battle (no more waiting for nothing after each attack)
-Improved damage calculations
-No more autorun-dialogues (except Intro and Outro which is needed for a good synchro)
-Added Yavi's face to the menu in the beginning of a game (when he has no robots)
-Fixed some language issues
-Got rid of the cursed sign (sorry for that, I didn't mean to offend anybody)
-Added a few more little easter eggs
-Some bugs

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
March Update 1.09 is complete!
Quick list of changes:
-Faster animations (even more dynamic battles)
-Training opportunity added at every workshop
-Face the new powerful robot called Phantom!
-Some minor fixes

UPDATE109 i fantom.png

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 1.11 is complete!

I have improved graphics a little and mostly corrected the dialogue lines.
Now, if you're a native english speaker, your eyes won't bleed while reading.

Special thanks to hammersmithh (Twitter , Twitch) for proofreading!

UPDATE111.png

Zalzany

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see no thanks about the tip on xbox controller :p But yeah man good to see this got so many hits on here. Exploring site more almost ready for coming soon and to debut my game idea here, but now nervous so crossing around looking at stuff here to procrastinate, I mean feel more confident get those final details done before steam page "Coming Soon" application :p

And combat was nice, and some good humor. I like action sequence idea, not sure how you pull it off can't wait to see future stuff you do

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad you liked the game.
I owe you a tip, so I'm gonna give you a tip on procrastination:
Make a very detailed plan of what you should do and work with little steps.
If that doesn't help, think of death and how little time we all have. :wink:

Zalzany

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try to do that as is, but a bit different for me. I got PTSD, and general anxiety disorder, so I do all my stuff in baby steps when it just me. If its for others I will work till I break things why got disability, pushed myself in army past breaky point tore a muscle, and damaged a nerve trying to push threw pain sigh like I was ordered to.

But its still good advice way I try to just make plan with tiny goals 2 hours a day when I work is the goal some days its 8 hours as I am on a roll, others nothing gets done. At this point its more anxiety issue, as I put in for steam approval for coming soon. So since then productivity tanked as I wait for their approval. But I am still planning things, still writing just the anxiety of it being official I got a public page for coming soon that is making my stomach do back flips. I got lots of work to go but my goal isn't to release in a rush I just never got this far before, and I am stocked to share it and even pay few bucks to advertise one day it :p

Think about death don't work that well either, suicide survivor, so me thinking about life works more telling my self yes I got time still, but reminding myself I never move forward just sitting still whole time. To me death use to be a release some days feels like it still is, so to me life is better motivation, as yes death might come sooner, but my goal is to try and live, get out there, do something other then mooch off a disabilty check too scared to work because of what ifs, what if they don't buy my PTSD again like last job, bosses had paperwork they were fine just takes one coworker to go "I can't see it, so you must be faking it you were that bad you would be in mental hospital!" Same with nerve damage there is no limp, no scars, it reacts to temp changes, and pushing that arm too hard. And just takes one person going "oh you big baby, if it was that bad." Its like what I would get a disability check from VA I kind of do...

Last edited:

fungolem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!
Curious, did he charge?

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Curious, did he charge?
Yes. There's all the info: LINK
Sorry for a late response!

EDIT: Sorry, apparently the website that allows donating people on a monthly basis is a taboo word here, so I won't give you any link. The best way is to contact Drifty directly on discord or through e-mail ;)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coin Locker title screen:
Still in progress...

Screenshot_134.png
the girls.png
So, these are all the girls of the party =3 (beside the protagonist if you play as a female.)
Now, I just have one more character sheet of the guys left and I'm done with their presentations =3
Can you recognize where this area is from? :kaocry:
Mq9QM3h.png
For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetltd