Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
ZE - Character Poses
v 1.1.1

Overview

This plugin allows you to change the image displayed for different characters on the screen, including the player's party. The plugin automatically supports changing poses for running and jumping, and allows other plugins to manage poses as well. There's a lot of help documentation available in the help section of the plugin, so be sure to read it!

Installation

This plugin requires the MVCommons, version 1.5.0 or higher!

To install this plugin, simply grab it from pastebin and include it in your project!

Demonstration

This youtube video is a quick example of using the pose queue. When I have more time, I may make a better video for this, but for now, here's what's available:

License

This plugin is released under the Creative Commons By Attribution 4.0 license. You may do anything with this plugin, including use it in a commercial project or plugin. The only restriction imposed upon you is that you must credit me, and you may not claim that you wrote the original plugin.

Plugins that use this

Are you using this plugin to develop one of your own? Please let me know, and I'll add it to this list!

Changelog

v1.1.1

• Fixed an issue where the loop command was broken (I had forgotten to finish entering data into a variable ^^;

v1.1.0

• The plugin was updated to properly handle old save files. You can now use this plugin with saves from an old version of your game.

v1.0.1

• A bug preventing the QueueLoop command from working was fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just got 1 question, for the play pose, what pattern does it follow? I'm a bit lazy to test it / look at the code right now but would it be like RM's default pattern? 1 > 2 > 0 ? or does it go 0 > 1 > 2?

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just got 1 question, for the play pose, what pattern does it follow? I'm a bit lazy to test it / look at the code right now but would it be like RM's default pattern? 1 > 2 > 0 ? or does it go 0 > 1 > 2?
It sets the character's image, it does not affect the way that characters are updated. 

Otakuhn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice little video

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just a quick update: I've updated the plugin to v1.1.0, which now will properly handle an old save file, rather than crashing, or acting oddly in some cases.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Another update: I've updated the plugin to v1.1.1, which fixes an issue on line 456, in which I had forgotten part of the data in the JS Object. It had previously been 

{pose, loops: loops}While it should have been, and now is,

Code:
{pose: pose, loops: loops}

The_Renegade_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm getting an error with the plugin, windows defender is considering it malware.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm getting an error with the plugin, windows defender is considering it malware.
Unfortunately, there's really little I can do about virus scanning software. You'll have to disable Windows Defender, download the plugin, and then re-enable it. A lot of anti-virus programs detect many JS files as malicious, and there's very little anyone here can do to fix that.

The_Renegade_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for that, I'll have to do that when I have some time, I'm very much looking forward to this plugin.

DangDut

Narratell Studios
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Nice plugin for ZE - Character Poses

I have try and finally able to use it. I just need a method on how to make the poses.

Unfortunately, there's really little I can do about virus scanning software. You'll have to disable Windows Defender, download the plugin, and then re-enable it. A lot of anti-virus programs detect many JS files as malicious, and there's very little anyone here can do to fix that.
There is file extension exclusion on Windows Defender, I do that for .js as seen on http://puu.sh/m34sH/fc4010ac39.png

thefusense

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
1 question, sry if its stupid im new to the program

I saw the plugin works together with more character frames 

my walk animation has 3 frames but my run animation has 6

More character frames wants me to name the file $xyz [6 6 6 6] but character poses always shows me an error actor%test%something something%.png not found

I dont udnerstand how I make my sprites work correctly could someone help me? :/

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
1 question, sry if its stupid im new to the program

I saw the plugin works together with more character frames 

my walk animation has 3 frames but my run animation has 6

More character frames wants me to name the file $xyz [6 6 6 6] but character poses always shows me an error actor%test%something something%.png not found

I dont udnerstand how I make my sprites work correctly could someone help me? :/

If you include ZE - File List in your project (which requires zAPI - File Tools), you can enable the Adaptive Filenames parameter, which will try its best to match the pose you set with the files available. If you do no wish to include these additional plugins, you could try setting the running pose to include the [6 6 6 6] portion of the filename. Please just keep in mind that poses are added onto the character's default filename. Therefore, say your character's default image is name "$xyz", and the running pose is named "$xyz[run][6 6 6 6]", you can try to set the pose name to "[run][6 6 6 6]" to get it to work.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you, thank you.

thefusense

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
thank you for your quick reply Zalerinian, Im sorry but i found a plugin thats easier for a noob like me to use and understand hope thats ok for you

Used Galvs scripts this time, but ill try again when im more experienced 

Shikuroshi

Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question, Is there any way to use this to change the image for diagonal sprites in the same way you would for the dash sprites? 

Before I found this script and thread I was trying to use Galv's. But because I'm using such large sprites my sheets became way too big with the way his script worked causing me to come here and I really like the look of this plugin. I'm really hoping I can get some diagonal movement happening though. c: 

Also I noticed it doesn't effect the follow party members. Is there a way to fix this that I just didn't notice? Each member has their own sprite sheet and the naming convention is the same as the leader but when I dash their sprites do not change as well.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you have a plugin that provides support for diagonal sprites, this should potentially work for you, as it's most basic function is to just change the image used for the character's sprite. If you change the pose to one that should work with a diagonal-sprite plugin, then it should, in theory, work.

Shikuroshi

Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the quick reply! I'll look around for other diagonal moving scripts and cross my fingers to hope it works the way I want. 

Is there a way for the image change on the dash to effect the following characters as well as the first party member? For some reason I can only get it to work on the party leader.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had not thought of the followers when originally designing the plugin, and haven't touched it in a while. I'll look into it when I get the chance, but that may be several days.

Shikuroshi

Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll keep an eye on this plugin then. c: Thanks for the work you do and it's not really a rush so if you don't get around to it don't worry.

Oni Giri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Zalerinian,
I love your plugin and use it for special poses - this make the characters so cool! Thank you!

Currently I have a problem with the loops: I get "undefined is not a function" (I want to use an infinite loop. The normal "play" animation works really fine)
I have tried with MV 1.3.4 and a fresh project with the Plugin-Version 1.1.1 and get this message, too.
After that I have tried to use the "QueueLoop" with -1, but the animation is played 1 times then (-10 --> 10 times) instead of an infinite loop.
Do you have a tip or suggestion how to solve this? And thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJohn