English
Primarily Uses
N/A
ZE - Free Jump
v1.0.0
 ​
 ​
Overview
This plugin will allow the player to jump freely on the map, rather than requiring an event to jump the player a set amount. The plugin allows allows you to give the player the ability to jump over pre-defined Terrain Tags and/or Region IDs. Many jump parameters are exposed to you via Plugin Parameters so that you can play around with the parameters and customize the jump for your game. Please keep in mind, though, that this means that you may want to test the game more extensively as changing the values changes the way the jump works, and may cause undesirable behavior.

Installation
This plugin requires the MVCommons, version 1.4.0 or higher!
Once you have MVCommons installed, grab Free Jump from here!

Notes
I highly recommend that you use a pixel movement plugin along with this. While I didn't directly make the plugin require pixel movement to work properly, you'll have to spend a lot of time tweaking values in the parameters section of the plugin to make sure everything works as you want it to, whereas with pixel movement, it's more likely that everything will work out fine. The plugin does have a snap to grid feature, however, to try to fix issues where the player may be placed outside the regular grid.

License

This plugin is released under the Creative Commons By Attribution 4.0 license. You may do anything with this plugin, including use it in a commercial project or plugin. The only restriction imposed upon you is that you must credit me, and you may not claim that you wrote the original plugin.

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Will try this with Quasi movement script tonight after work! Is it compatible? Often 8direction don't work with regions.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will try this with Quasi movement script tonight after work! Is it compatible? Often 8direction don't work with regions.
I have not worked with Quasi movement. Regions/Terrain Tags aren't really the best when using 8-direction movement and pixel movement, because in order to get the tags/IDs on a spot between the default tiles, we have to round the player's position.

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Zalerinian said:
  • The plugin allows allows you to give the player the ability to jump over pre-defined Terrain Tags and/or Region IDs.

• I highly recommend that you use a pixel movement plugin along with this.

• I have not worked with Quasi movement. Regions/Terrain Tags aren't really the best when using 8-direction movement and pixel movement, because in order to get the tags/IDs on a spot between the default tiles, we have to round the player's position.
So you don't recommend pixel movement or you recommend? Maybe i misunderstood this :p

Edit: Or maybe you meant pixel movement with 4 direction? I think i get pixel movement = 8-direction, definitely my misunderstood sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So you don't recommend pixel movement or you recommend? Maybe i misunderstood this :p

Edit: Or maybe you meant pixel movement with 4 direction? I think i get pixel movement = 8-direction, definitely my misunderstood sorry
I recommend using a pixel movement plugin with this. While it should be possible to tweak it to work without pixel movement, it will work a lot better when the player isn't restricted to the grid as much.

What I meant was that when working with 8-direction movement in jumping, reading terrain tags and/or region IDs becomes a lot more difficult, because the player's position moves between the default grid, which is where the region IDs and terrain tags are defined. When you're between the grid, by default, the region ID and terrain tag will always be 0. In order to get a valid tag/id, I round the player's position using standard round (.5+ rounds up, 4.9999999999 and such rounds down).

The plugin allows you to disable diagonal jumping, so you're restricted to the 4-directional movement when jumping, as well as many other parameters to let you change how it works. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth