Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter

1- do not put wall tiles, only the ceiling the wall will grow from. Because the wall will already rise from the ceiling tiles. Thus why the curtains are not "in the place", they are, the problem is that there are extra walls in front of them.
2- considering the walls, the events are positioned pretty well. You just put the clock pieces on the side of the other instead of on the same column (and did not fix this with notetags for the x positioning)

3- as Dread_Nyanak answered, you have to put the two tiles on the same tile.
MV's help may not have explained how to do it properly, but when you put a B-E tile, and even some special A tiles, they are added over the past one. A third is on top of the second and the first is removed and so forth).
For this plugin, when two tiles supposed to have height are put one over the other they go on the map one over the other, on different heights. Just use X or O and a terrain tag to give it a way to stay up and they'll be fine (using star they'll stay floating)

4- The top left statue you are missing a terrain tag to leave it up, the lower right you put them in separate tiles. Red point 3.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter ...uhm, are you reading me?
Both me and Dread_Nyanak, the plugin's creator, told you that to put one on top of the other you have to put them in the same tile of the map. I myself told you it multiple times.

...also, what are those lines? they aren't from the editor itself, since they make 2x2 tiles boxes instead of the 1x1 it usually does.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using the demo and when you reload a save (or start a new game after you already started one), the camera no longer follows the player. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, that is kind of a big glitch then, the camera messing up when you load a save... I hope you can fix it soon...

Izy

A Really Slow Turtle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is seriously fantastic. Thank you so much Dread_Nyanak for creating and supporting this.

It is absolutely criminal you do not have more Patrons, you deserve far more.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not done working on the dynamic lighting yet, but I decided to release an update anyway to fix the bug.

sefeloth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
This is really cool! I'm sad I won't be able to use Yanfly's doodads anymore but seeing the game in 3D is really amazing. You did a really good job on this!

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I JUST WANT TO SAY, I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS SKSKSKS
upload_2019-12-1_7-15-15.png

Also, the shadows look gooooooooood! It is kinda weird that the ceiling is not shaded but I know that's WIP; this plugin is SOOO amazing. I'm blown away.

The performance after the update improved so much, too, it's almost perfect. It still gags a little here and there but I'm surprised by how well the outside map performs! This is so wholesome!

In fact, I'm getting a consistent 30fps at 1080p. Really impressive. To think vanilla scriptless would give me 5fps at an empty map a few years ago...

Now, the weird thing, though. At 180p (a little less than the PS1), some artifacts appear in the textures.
upload_2019-12-1_7-22-10.png

I think this may have to do with the sampling algorhithm for the textures or something, and thus nothing to do with the plugin itself. (I notice some weird issues on vanilla mv here and there too, regarding spritesheet slicing and resampling)

Still, I think it's a good idea to test the engine in low resolution too! I'm sure people would be interested in trying a more psx-like DraQue7 aesthetic or something.

Last edited:

Raphael Lourenço

Infinity Door Studio's Lead Designer
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a possibility to disable the plugin and return to the original Rpg Maker maps within the game? Switch to 3D only on some maps, such as World Map and 3D Dungeons, with common maps at certain times? Or once activated, the entire game should be in 3D?

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JosephSeraph
The artifacts are caused by mipmapping. They also appear at higher resolutions with long render distances. Mipmapping can be turned off in the plugin parameters for now, but I plan to add options for the player to turn it off in the options menu too.

@Raphael Lourenço
Yes, I just added this feature :)
map config:
<mv3d>disable()</mv3d>
or, plugin command:
mv3d disable
mv3d enable

I removed the dynamic shadows from the latest build because it's not ready yet. I'll put them back in as soon as it's ready.
Actually, I was thinking of adding some patron-only features to add incentive for people to support the plugin. And I was thinking of making the dynamic shadows the first patron feature.

Also, I'm going to start work on the slope tiles soon.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JosephSeraph

@Raphael Lourenço
Yes, I just added this feature :)
map config:
<mv3d>disable()</mv3d>
or, plugin command:
mv3d disable
mv3d enable
Wow, that was quick! I'll have to try it out, thanks ^.^.

A note on reloading saves: loading a save while starting a new game or already playing through a save causes a glitch where it doesn't load the save, and instead freezes the player in the current map with a few things jumbled around.

Last edited:

Frastrud

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting..

Is there any way to make it to where a player can climb one of these tileset objects? and also, is there any way to set the camera on a fixed position that cannot be changed? If so, please tell me how.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Danielcross
It should be fixed now.
Thanks! The enable/disable function works perfectly. The save function also seems to be working as intended, although it is not compatible with Yanfly's save plugin (saves have to be loaded from the title menu or they don't load correctly, or Yanfly's save core might be interfering with maps loading).

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting..

Is there any way to make it to where a player can climb one of these tileset objects? and also, is there any way to set the camera on a fixed position that cannot be changed? If so, please tell me how.
Not intended, but some pixel movement plugins (san_analog) allow players to scale tiles unless it's marked unpassable. However, pixel movement mods are not compatible with the camera.

Frastrud

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well I mostly just mean setting the camera this plugin has to a fixed position, that'd be really neat for making a game in a certain style.

Frastrud

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it isn't possible, maybe that should be a feature in the next update? I was thinking of ideas of making a game of mine in a 3d fixed position so that would be cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources
Oh look, 12 more free Daz3D models. *adds them to his collection * Yes, the fools... Give it a few months and my collection will be crazy, all without paying a dime. I still have no idea if I'll ever learn the software, but hey... Just in case, these models are quite expensive. In two weeks, they've already given me almost $400 worth of free models. :LZSexcite:
Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MXTURBO