palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I copied the old map and changed it and made it again. Now my problem is gone.

Last edited:

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV

kay kay, i have an idea! , i tried to made a dirty sketch to explain myself better, well.... would be good to add an option to fix the y or the x movement of the camera, lemme explain.... by default you can chose to fix the camera looking on the character or an event yes? , well , that way you can put a fixed camera for a more panoramic like looking, yes, but what about a more dinamic panoramic look?...idk if its already posible, i tried to fix the camera on a invisible event who can only walk horizontally and follow the player to made the same effect... but the camera looks glitchy or more...weird.. it work reaaaaally bad, so the idea would be to made a plugin command to decide how the camera would follow the character, i tried to made those red hood things to explain myself better.... if i walk from the right part to the left part of the image, the camera should follow my character left to right, but, if i decide to go up on the street from down to up ( from close to far ) then the camera dont follow the character in that direction, so you see how he gets smaller while leaving the scene... i dont know if i explain myself good, in this example what would i like to made its dont matter how far i go to the map, the front houses are still visible... BUT... while im on the same street as the houses, the camera do follow me horizontally from left to right --- im sorry for my bad english ---

Zekken

Programmer? Pro-Gamer? Pro-Grammar?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak So I can use the plugin and just have to credit you?

And what does the lisence file mean in the demo? (MV3D-master/LISENCE)

tseyik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dread_Nyanak So I can use the plugin and just have to credit you?

And what does the lisence file mean in the demo? (MV3D-master/LISENCE)
MIT License

Copyright (c) 2019 Dread-chan

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@k333
What glitchiness are you seeing? I put this script in a parallel process and it's working perfect:
$gameMap.event(this._eventId)._realX=$gamePlayer._realX;
Main problem I encountered was if the event goes over a building it will jump up in elevation. This can be fixed by locking its elevation to zero in the note <mv3d:z(0)>.

@Zekken
Yes, credit is enough for me.
MIT and Apache license are both very permissive, so I don't think you need to be worried too much about the licenses. I'm not a lawyer though.

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OOOH... the problem was more about the horizonal move on the camera was more about my excecution, i made it in other really really silly way,using the script it works just... soooo...soooo good, thank a lot for the help, now i feel kinda silly ^^

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shortly after that it happened again. I think it's a bug and I Can't find it. Oh, help me
Even if I turn off all plugins, I still have screen loading symptoms.

Last edited:

Raphael Lourenço

Infinity Door Studio's Lead Designer
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm testing the perfomance of my project in a old notebook I have with Intel HD Graphics (Its a I5 M480). For some reason, the sprites in 3D Scenes changed for this bugged scheme (this bug occours in the Plugin Demo). In other PCs with new GPUs that trouble don't occours. Any idea what it might be?
1576690250475.png

Attachments

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@palatkorn
I think it's a problem with your tileset. I managed to get the map working by changing the tileset and replacing all the tiles on your map with new ones.
You only have the D image defined, which means a lot of your tiles are pointing to tilesheets that don't exist. Without the plugin RPG Maker handles this fine, but apparently my plugin ends up not loading the map properly, which causes problems.

I'll have to fix the plugin to be more tolerant of these kinds of errors, but in the mean time I think you can fix it by making sure you have at least B and A5 defined for your tileset. Those are the ones with the transparent tiles.

@Raphael Lourenço
Other people have had this problem too. From what you say it sounds like it only happens on old GPUs, which explains why it's never happened to me.
Unfortunately it will be pretty difficult for me to fix it unless I can find a machine that has the bug to test on :(

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has been fixed by adding tiles.
Thank you very much

Clisth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! First off let me say that this is amazing work! I never even dreamed 3d being possible in this engine!

Now to the nitty gritty-- I noticed after the update there's an option in plugins for "premium features" for patreons. What are you planning to have under premium?

Also, is it just me, or is the title screen skipped? I can't seem to get it to work, when I hit play it jumps right into the map at the player start location. EDIT: Nvm I'm a goof

Thanks advance for any help!

Zekken

Programmer? Pro-Gamer? Pro-Grammar?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to get info if there is any new update for your plugin?

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
i just want to say, i'm dying for a silent hill fangame on mv3d

btw, Silent Hill has pretty poor combat, just sayin'. You can do pretty similar on RM through eventing.

I'm looking forward the eventual time when we're able to load 3D models in the game lol
BTW, do you intend to improve the slopes, still? They're kinda wonky sometimes, with their prediction behaving weirdly (and using directional passability to hard-fix it can be problematic for several reasons)

I'd screenshot it but it's kinda hard to see. Hope to upload the map on itch.io sometime soon. BTW I tested uploading this on Newgrounds and, to my complete speechlessness, the script managed to run SEAMLESSLY at 60FPS when run on a BROWSER?!

And it was a pretty large map, too.
1576828598426.png

Now this one has some lag spikes while loading the map, for obvious reasons. Depending on cell size and cell loading threshold, there can be lag spikes in-game for loading new blocks, too. But, regardless of that, it still runs surprisingly smooth for the I N T E N S E amount of events I added to the map.
1576828813431.png
That being said, I wonder if these trees were in the tileset, rather than being events, if it would actually load faster? (not having to load and do collision on all these 100+ events and whatnot.)

Now that I think of it, there's probably already a way to do that and use a dummy tile to run a bigger tree image from elsewhere in the tileset. But being able to directly load a charset and assign it to the tile, for example, would be interesting. Anyways, I'm going to play around with it, and try to delete tree events and substitute for tree tiles.

actually, i didn't even think to check the default tree tiles and how you made them...

i'm still in awe.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now to the nitty gritty-- I noticed after the update there's an option in plugins for "premium features" for patreons. What are you planning to have under premium?
Last I checked, Dinamic Shadows and Alpha Fog.
Not sure if they are already on the non-patreons versions too already though, besides the lack of time due to christmas in the store been working on other parts of my project and didn' test the new versions yet.

[EDIT] So, apparently the new forum turns the word p a t r e o n into "no"? had to add an s in the end

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Clisth
Right now the premium features are dynamic shadows and alpha fog. The premium features will largely be stuff like that, nice visual improvements. Some features suggested earlier in the thread that I plan on adding as premium features are fading map edges and fog of war.
Eventually I want to add a VR mode, and that will also be premium.

@Zekken
You know when there's a new update because I make a post on this thread talking about. Like this.

Update: Added support for showing animations and emote bubbles. Also orthographic mode will now use camera distance value to zoom in or out.

(I've decided to put it in bold from now on so it stands out more.)

@JosephSeraph
I could probably add a way to set the direction with a configuration function. Something like slope(1,north). Another idea I had though was to use the shadow pen to encode the directional data, since those shadows aren't shown on the 3D map I can use it for metadata instead.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak was that an actual update, or just an example?

Also, just a combination of hint and request... while double post is usually frowned upon, unless the rules were changed a new post about an update to the current plugin by the topic's author is allowed. I did myself with my plugins some times.
most of the time your updates are told on edits to the latest post if it was made by you. the problem is that those edits do not give a "new message" update on watched threads (unless they changed it on the new forum update), so... yeah, we'd have no idea it ever happened until someone else says something or we visit it by ourselves.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak
I wonder what it could do with including one of these APIs. :wink:
or this one knowing it is compatible with pixijs webgl.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Newest version seems to break entering battle with YEP_X_VisualStateFX, tried putting it below MV3D as well.Crash.jpg

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Newest version seems to break entering battle with YEP_X_VisualStateFX, tried putting it below MV3D as well.
Can confirm this happens even without YEP_X_VisualStateFX, it happens in the battle in the forest in the demo too
1576867239484.png
All I did was enter the battle and start the turn. It happened as soon as the animation would begin.

Oh, by the way, in the future, when you update the demo, I suggest changing the notetag in the forest.
People I talked to seem to think you can't make a map start in the direction the player is transported to at when in first person. Checking the forest map, it seemed to be so... when I entered, the teleport made me look down, but the character was looking up on the map...
Until I noticed the notetag said "camera(0,90,dist:0,height:0.75)". I removed the "0,90," part and just the dist and height made it both first person and let the player be teleported looking at any direction.

Last edited:

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can confirm this happens even without YEP_X_VisualStateFX, it happens in the battle in the forest in the demo too
Ahh, I didn't even try to attack without it, but the Visual State Effects crash happens before even reaching the battle screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it okay to hug a tree? :/
The new intro Logo for my videos.

I speed it up, the one I use to use was to long.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Illuminachos