YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter what does this plugin do? I have no idea how to read japanese, so...
seeing from the script calls it seems it uses a separate class for some different kind of animation...
but that wouldn't cause this if properly aliased. try seeing if the error also happens if it is above or bellow mv3d in the plugin manager, if happens in both cases a compatibility patch may be needed...

also,showing the error in the game screen itself isn't that big a help, it just tells the very, VERY basic of the error. It is like a car stopped working, and it just says "the car is not running anymore" but no idea if it is a motor problem or a fuel or what.

when an error happens, press f8 or f12 (some editors have a different key, most people can use it with f12 but not f8 but I myself always did with f8), and if not already go to the tab "console". THAT is the error message you should share.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy
You can feel free to write whatever addon plugins you want.

@Zekken
I haven't done a lot of testing with other plugins, but I don't think the conflicts should be that bad. If you load the plugin after MV3D, then that plugin's key bindings should be the ones that get used.
My plugin does add two new keybindings called rotleft and rotright though.

@seaotter
It looks like that plugin extends the sprite class. The problem is probably happening in one of the methods I overrided for animation. I've been overriding Sprite_Base when I should be overriding Sprite_Character. I've changed it now, hopefully the conflict should be gone.

Last edited:

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
( ZOOM PLUGIN work RIGHT )

( ZOOM PLUGIN no work , any things no happen )

P.S script : this.setScale(150, 150);

Last edited:

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i tested the new plugin commmands and new things on the dinamic shadow plugin, this is sooooo good, thank you a lot!

now looking you are now close to the step of fix bugs and add compatibility with other plugins, i recomend you two plugins to take on mind for that ^^

Quasi/quxios plugins are like...the perfect plugins to work with your plugin, and indeed some of the most popular ones in terms of movement, still they have two compatibility problems...

Qmovement ( kinda like the best pixel movement plugin, and to modify Colliders on events and map) its awesome to make colliders with new forms and degrees, and is mne of the most popular plugins for that out there, still have a weird compatibility problem when you use it together with your plugin, it would ignore the height movements restrictions in some directions, specially from down-up , its still posible to fix it adding custom colliders to events and ignore the tileset colliders, but would be better to can just, still work with some of the tileset colliders with it , together with that, if you rotate the camera ( and this happends with this plugin or other plugins based on 8 directional or pixel movements, like galvs one as an example... ) the keys for movement turns all twisted, so if in the original perspective you move up with the ...up or w key, once you rotate the camera you move "up" with the right or D key.... pixel movements and 8 directional plugins are quite important in a lot of cases, adding compatibility to something like this would be really useful and important o.o!

and the Qsprite plugin ( it adds a lil program to add custom motions to sprites, iddle animations, run animations and 8 directional movements ) , there are sprite plugins to can change this, or even you could do it via events, still the Qsprite plugin is one of the best and more advance and flexible plugins in temrs of character animations , the compatibility issue make to cant use at all the sprites on it

next to that,theres not a lot of plugins i found problems with it ( i work with around 110 diferent plugins at the same time, looks like a huge amount of them works just fine with the plugin, unless plugins who normally show something on the whole screen as some kind of effect, there is not neccesary nor the light plugins or stuff like yanlfy freedoodads dont have a lot of use now with the way you present the game with your plugin, but if i should say one "kinda" nice plugin who does not work anymore would be moghunters Weather ex plugin ( the one to create custom climates ) they work good on battle, but does not work anymore on map scene.... thats all the information i found about compatibility issues with other popular plugins i know until now, maybe theres other people who know more about the topic ^^

oh and and i have a question o.o! , its just me or the slopes when you look from below looks transparent/invisible o.o? , is something im doing wrong? , i feel maybe im doing something wrong on the tileset configuration .....maybe but i tried a lot and i kinda dont understand how to made them visible from below , i tried to use them to make some ceiling structures like the one on this pic ( you know, not plain ceilings but more triangle like ones ) , there is something who can explain me...i really feel like im doing something wrong on the tiles configuration ... (btw , to make ceilings with tiles, is posible... but its soooo...soooo hard, thats why i pointed to can made y/vertical rotation (yRot) on events configurations too, to make the whole thing a lil more asy <.< )

Attachments

• external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 18

Himynameisste

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, would this plugin be able to create an octopath traveler type effect where the buildings etc is 3d but the camera is fixed and can't be rotated?
Perhaps with some things like trees being 2d popping up like paper Mario

Just wondering as I am interested in starting a new project :)

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
( RIGHT )

( ERROR )
I watched the "error" video four times and fail to see the problem.

@k333 oh, really? shame... I love quxios' plugins, even if only found out about them earlier this year afte rhe had already left...
well, the movement keys thing is understandable, really... about the heights issue, did you try changing the order or it and this one?
and yeah, qsprites is awesome, but what exactly is the compatibility issue? did it give a message or was it just a bug? and again, did you try just changing the plugin order?

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
like i said, for anyone who is quxios one , as far as i can see the problem only happnes moving from south to north , and buggy and glithcy sometimes on other directions, the solution meanwhile, for my case, is to create events with new colliders with the form of the edges of each big height diference, so the character cant walk over it, as soon as you leave them 5 pixels thick, you would almost dont see the diference, so it can be forced to work, thats the solution for that thing

(BTW for 3d plugin and qmovement plugins work together, you nedd to put qmovement first, and below the 3d plugin, if you put qmovement below , you would cant move )

the Q sprite one is the sad one.... the game direcly ignore the sprite... if you put Qsprite below the 3D plugin it would let you play the game but... the character would be stuck looking on a single direction dont matter how you move.... if you put the plugin over the 3d plugin the game crash with this.qSprite is not a function

...and its sooo sad! i mean... q sprite is like the best of the best sprite plugins for movement and all (also the fact is compatible with qmovement)

and yush...sadly i already tried to change as mutch as i can the order of the plugins ..actually that was the way i found to force the plugin to work xp

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@k333 ok, I can see the cause of the problem now then... at least, for QSprites.
you see, the events in the 3d maps are not actually events, they are a new class named "character".And since QSprite is so different, I can assume easily they are a similar case.

A compatibility patch shouldn't be hard to make though... I'll take a look at it later...

the problem with qmovement is likely close too, themovement kinda had to be remade a bit for this plugin, with the heights and camera irections and all, and a lot for qmovement because... it is the whole idea behind them... so compatibility problems are a given and it is surprising you even found a few solutions

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
I made a bug report awhile ago how qsprite and qmovement was working with this plugin and requested a patch fix , glad to see more people are checking this out too.

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy a patch for Qsprites itself would be a huge world of diference !!...would be awesome!

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question. Does this support Android?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@palatkorn someone I know already tested, and yes.

@k333 and @Dread_Nyanak and whoever else cares...
I DID IT!
I did a compatibility patch for QSprite and this plugin!
Let me tell you, it wasn't exactly easy... for one simple reason. Well, two actually.
1- QSprite is locked inside an IIFE. That means unless I edit the plugin itself, any changes need to be copied outside. That was locking some functions away from MV3D, like... the whole point of using it, really.
2- MV3D may not technically be an IIFE, but the way classes work in javascript compared to prototyped functions which most people use it may as well have been. Had to jerryrig a way to access the character_Characters when they are made instead of just adding to it like most plugins allow.
(I admit it may be lack of knowledge on my part that made it harder, but it did make it harder)

But regardless of the troubles, I did it!

Now, last I checked QSprite has to be above mv3d-babylon to work, and this bellow them, but it is plug and play besides that.

(on an unrelated note, the QSprite editor for some reason doesn't want to open the images anymore... as it is, it shows everything, saves everything, but the Sample Image is always empty. I had to use the data and images of an old project of mine to test.
Anyone has any idea how to fix this, I'd appreciate it)

Attachments

• mv3d-QSprite.js
    4.3 KB · Views: 15

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My gawd.. now I feel inspired to make something RMMV again.
We just need a 3D battle system now lol

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fantastic plugin!

I do have a question and forgive me if it has already been addressed.
I've noticed that events in my test playthroughs that have sprites that are larger than normal (ex. $BigMonster1, but with a sheet of a 4-directional set) are always facing the same direction when I rotate the camera around and they don't turn with the camera like a standard sized character sprite. It makes custom routes for these event sprites confusing and takes away the immersion when using an "event chase player" system for battle encounters. If I were to rotate the camera 180 degrees, the event would seem to be moonwalking away from me xD. Is there a work around to fix this?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fyoha what are the settings you put for the event? Did you put direction fix? What about the settings through the notetags? Could be either of those too...
Hey @Dread_Nyanak I just noticed something...
At no point of the help, in the file or in the *******'s read me, is explained what the shapes are.
We have just a list of names for what are valid where, if for tilesets or events, but no way to know the difference besides testing.

Also, is there a way to set a region to work a way just for that map through map notetags?

Cend

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Unity
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Impressive! Thanks for devoting so much time and effort! The outcome is just great :smile:

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fyoha what are the settings you put for the event? Did you put direction fix? What about the settings through the notetags? Could be either of those too...
Hey @Dread_Nyanak I just noticed something...
At no point of the help, in the file or in the no's read me, is explained what the shapes are.
We have just a list of names for what are valid where, if for tilesets or events, but no way to know the difference besides testing.

Also, is there a way to set a region to work a way just for that map through map notetags?

Directional fix is off and the notetags are empty. I made 3 different events next to each other with all the same settings and custom routes and I was only having problems with the event that had a larger sprite. I was thinking it was a configuration within the plugin for images that have the"!$" prefix tags on their file names. It keeps those images facing the same direction to the camera no matter which way you rotate it. I mean, a custom route will make them look in different directions according to the sheet, but that direction is always static to the camera.

I assume what I said because I believe a lot of bigger images use that prefix as static objects in which they do not have a fully drawn-out, 4-directional sheet and rotating a said image would alter it to something else in that sense perhaps.

*EDIT*

I fixed my problem. I had a lack of understanding of the prefix symbols and my source file image I was using had the wrong one. Changing the "!$" to simply "$" seemed to have fixed my issue. I figured it out by testing other source files with different prefixes on the file names. Rookie mistake I suppose.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@k333 and @Dread_Nyanak

I messed with the plugin compatibility patch a bit... to make it better (in my opinion at least)

Added support to 8 directions, that I forgot to add in the other one.

I had to create a function to turn numberpad directions into angles and one to turn back, but at least in my tests it worked fine.

Attachments

• mv3d-QSprite.js
    5.7 KB · Views: 11

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make the character walk diagonally to? this plugin is probably the most perfect.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I don't think I can handle using the real SNES resolution of 512x448 because resizing absolutely every interface element I had on hand by painstaking trial & error/guess and check (is there any other way?) is KILLING me.
If anyone wants to Program for me give me a DM, ill pay if i have to!
I made a drawing of Moss
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue: Militibus Elementis Redux starts now! Watch live!

I'm so freaking pissed right now i want to scream and rant and rave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akirra95