YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@palatkorn nlt by default in the plugin... but I have to admit, now that I made qsprites work with all 8 directions, I've been thinking on making an addition for this too...

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if the direction setting when the scene began to rotate may not work correctly or it works correctly. Where should I define the opposite? This may be complicated. Too far to make it run in the right direction

ie0xDI.png

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@palatkorn I at first thought you were talking about how the camera was jumping in place, but then I noticed so was the music so I guess it is just the recording taking a bit of your computer...

So, I don't get the problem here...
Is it that the actor always goes to the upper left of the map regardless of the camera direction?
If so... that is good, in my opinion. I can't imagine myself planning cutscenes properly if I have to worry constantly if the player's camera is set to this direction or that one. Upper left of the character is upper left of the map in the editor.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another mistake of turning the camera is when I warp to the map <mv3d>
disable ()
</mv3d>
My movement was switched, for example, I would press up and it moved to the right.
I think you may have overlooked this, but I believe it would be something that many old projects of many people have created events and May be able to fall into the water or hit the wall and the game freezes instead
And yes it is scary

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@palatkorn the movement being switched when you change the camera is... normal?

I mean, seeing your video it seemed to me that move routes move exactly as it would in a default camera map regardless of angle, so I'm assuming you are talking about the player's control.

If you for example move the camera 180 degrees so it is looking from the top of the map instead of the bottom like usual, it is expected for controls to change so pressing up goes down the map instead of up.
I just tested, and when I changed maps to one with mv3d disabled the controls went perfectly to up being up.

With this and the previous post, I think you are mistaking something.
This is a visual plugin. The only change in controls is so when camera is turned the keys respond properly.

Events, like move routes, work just the same as in the default maps - because it is what it is, the default map with 3d view, but still the default map.

Pressing up when the camera is turned does not make everything move to the left instead of up, the controls are just changed so pressing up does what pressing left would usually do.
The controls are changed. The actual movement is not.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It happened when you adjusted the camera I tested in the initial project.
The operation of the control buttons is distorted.
In addition, the camera operation remains when pressing Q / E on the disable map.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It happened when you adjusted the camera I tested in the initial project.
The operation of the control buttons is distorted.
Well... you did show me happening to you. As I saw the key presses, I can't think what else could be the cause there.

I then did the same thing you did. Opened the example project, added an event with a teleport to the disabled map, and turned the camera before teleporting... and it did not happen to me.
The pat-reon-exclusive plugin was not even on, so it can't be it.

So... is your version the latest one, from three days ago according to github? Mine is.
If you download the newest version and it still is happening to you but not to me... I have no idea what else it could be. Maybe an incompatibility with another plugin, but that's all of my ideas here.

Last edited:

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, I will try the latest version and if I find a new error I will report.

I tested it in the latest version, it doesn't seem to happen.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak my time to point a problem, I guess...
This is apparently a problem related to the patron plugin though.

I was walking around the demo, trying to just see around and test things... and noticed a guy over the trees.
Now, I know it isn't really reachable, but I was on playtest with a ctrl that allows me to reach there... so I did.

He used a balloon when talking... and there shows the problem.

1577356774965.png

Turning the map around shows that balloons only appear where there are other objects. where there is only the parallax, the balloon is cut off.
Animations don't seem to have that, but...

1577356983714.png

1577357027956.png

You may notice how only the third and fourth ones are being affected... so, it seems ballons have it all the time, but events, or at least player and followers, are just when they are walking on the bush tiles (the ones that make the legs transparent).

I then turned off the patron plugin.
These issues were removed.

I think the problem may be with alpha fog, at least it makes sense it would be.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I haven't posted here in a few days. My internet has been really bad lately, and there's also the holidays.
Anyway, right now I'm working on rewriting a lot of the movement and collision code. I'm making the z axis into a real dimension. When I'm done you will be able to make a bridge that you can both walk over and under. You will also have to be at the same height as an event to trigger it.
I'm also adding vertical rotation for events like @k333 suggested.

@palatkorn
I was about to tell you I fixed a bug like that in a recent update, but it looks like you figured that out while I was trying to post this.

@Fyoha
There's also <mv3d:dirfix(true/false)>. Set it to true to prevent the event from rotating with the camera. As you've found, object sheets (starting with !) are dirfixed by default.

Hi, would this plugin be able to create an octopath traveler type effect where the buildings etc is 3d but the camera is fixed and can't be rotated?
Perhaps with some things like trees being 2d popping up like paper Mario
Yes, this is exactly the kind of style that this plugin works really well for.

Hey @Dread_Nyanak I just noticed something...
At no point of the help, in the file or in the no's read me, is explained what the shapes are.
We have just a list of names for what are valid where, if for tilesets or events, but no way to know the difference besides testing.

I thought I had a part explaining what each of them did. I must have removed it when I reworked most of the help text. I'll have to put a proper explanation back in.

Also, is there a way to set a region to work a way just for that map through map notetags?

Not at the moment, but it would be a good feature idea.

For the transparency issue with the ******* plugin, yes it's a problem with alpha fog. Babylon unfortunately ignores alpha blended objects when building the depth map and shadow map.

It'd be nice if I could find a way to tell Babylon to treat these objects as solid when rendering shadows and the depth map but transparent when actually rendering them, but I haven't found a way to do that.

It's a problem I'm aware of and want to fix. Unfortunately it's not easy to fix.

Last edited:

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
( NORMAL )
animations ( X,Y ) right

(ULTRA MODE 7)
animations ( X,Y ) right

(MV3D)
animations ( X,Y ) error

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the transparency issue with the no plugin, yes it's a problem with alpha fog. Babylon's depth renderer unfortunately doesn't work with objects that have alpha blending, so those objects are ignored when creating the depth map. It's the same reason the sprites lose their shadows when they have bush transparency.

It'd be nice if I could find a way to tell Babylon to treat these objects as solid when rendering shadows and the depth map but transparent when actually rendering them, but I haven't found a way to do that.
It's a problem I'm aware of and want to fix. Unfortunately it's not easy to fix.
Well, while it is not yet fixed... could it be possible to turn alphafog off then? I mean, while it is neat I use the patron plugin more for the dynamic shadows than for it anyway ...although it could be nice for terror inside caves... maybe be able to turn on or off depending on map too like you can disable the plugin in some maps?

(next thing I am tackling I think will be the QMovement compatibility someone mentioned earlier! I just want to try having it in my game too. just hope it doesn't clash with the z axis thing you are adding...)

@seaotter how is that being made? that seems like a plugin and not evented... remember that plugins based on screen x and y need to be patched to work with this one.

Comparing it with UltraMode7 is unfair, they are different things done different ways.
Mode 7 is the map in a plane with the events popping out, while this one is actually a conversion graphically to 3d.
I am aware there is more to that, but that is basically what mode7 itself is.
People can't make buildings in 3d in mode7 like they were trying at the start, although they tried using a bunch of doodads to make the wall pixels, but can do that here. The same way, this plugin can't do things mode7 can without adaption - in this case, plugins based on screen position need some edits to work.

Last edited:

Zekken

Programmer? Pro-Gamer? Pro-Grammar?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak can I request comptblity for this plugin? I have a little problem, mv3d cannot read character that i made using SumRndmDde's Character Creator EX. if you don't have time for this / you didn't want it, it's okay. Sorry if i bother. Thank you.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess it should be changed, because it doesn't use three.js.
yeah, it is an older version that did. she probably forgot to make the change there.

@Dread_Nyanak can I request comptblity for this plugin? I have a little problem, mv3d cannot read character that i made using SumRndmDde's Character Creator EX. if you don't have time for this / you didn't want it, it's okay. Sorry if i bother. Thank you.
been a while since I touched that... I tried making my project's races based on the player's choices there, ended up thinking it wasn't worth it...
did you try changing the order? Maybe if you put the CCEx above MV3D?
(also, shameless plug, in the topic in my signature I remember I tried making a small expansion to CCEx some time ago, you could take a look at it later...)

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, while it is not yet fixed... could it be possible to turn alphafog off then? I mean, while it is neat I use the patron plugin more for the dynamic shadows than for it anyway ...although it could be nice for terror inside caves... maybe be able to turn on or off depending on map too like you can disable the plugin in some maps?
You can turn it off already. Being able to change it for each map would be a good idea though.

@Krystek_My
Yes, thanks for pointing that out.

@Zekken
I want to support Character Creator EX eventually.

Zekken

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
been a while since I touched that... I tried making my project's races based on the player's choices there, ended up thinking it wasn't worth it...
did you try changing the order? Maybe if you put the CCEx above MV3D?
(also, shameless plug, in the topic in my signature I remember I tried making a small expansion to CCEx some time ago, you could take a look at it later...)
I have tried to change the plugin order and start a fresh new game, but still error. Yeah I want to see the expansion, thank you.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Character Creator EX is not supported. Problems with use on Android

Zekken

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Character Creator EX is not supported. Problems with use on Android
Yeah, look like SumRndmDde do not create plugin anymore. But it's okay because I create game for pc.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #17 | MZ Plugins in MV? Workstations, Fantasy Rings, Dark Office Battlebacks
Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
I'll finally wash my clothes today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livetorise