MV3D - 3D rendering for RMMV with Babylon.js

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But what would you guys rather I work on next? More bug-fixing and optimization? QMovement support, Character Creator EX, other plugin? Custom-defined meshes and imported 3D models?
i should say Qmovement support! , to can work with custom colliders and have one single good pixel movement plugin really compatible seems quite important,specially for early games development , and q movement grant both, specially for the lot of people who are kinda looking that octopath traveler style of things i seen on some post, so yup im on that qmovement boat ^^! , i believe i can literally make with some creativity...kinda everything just with that compatibility , been really waiting a lot for that thing ^^!

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys!
Can someone teach me how to change the fog color by common event?
I'm kind of lost, I've been trying for hours, but I haven't got anything yet. :(

Kraden96

Friendly Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak I think it's best your either work on Bug/Performance or the 3D Models! It'd be cool to get more 3D shapes! :D

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@CoopNinjask As far as I can see this plugin has nothing to do with fogs. If I am right please post a thread in the general MV Support forum instead of derailing this thread. If I am wrong, please ignore this post.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak
I’d say performance optimization and bugfixes should be a priority. This plugin is one of a kind and I want it to run as smooth as possible.

Secondly I’m very interesting in more 3D shapes, but, since I’m not sure what that would mean I can’t be sure it’s something I’d personally want/need.

If ”new 3D shapes” would mean stuff like being able to easily specify the texture on each side of a pre-existing selection of simple geometric shapes (squares, triangels, rectangles etc), then that would be awesome and definetelly something I’d vote you should work on next.
The current selection of shapes for objects is rather limiting and for some types of objects, fits so bad I’d avoid using them all together since the maps would look better without. So, more options would really be a good thing.

Then again, if you’re thinking of something more complex that would require the user to have knowleadge in 3D design, then I think something like Q movement might be a better feature to add. Because most users here are not artists and can’t even make good looking 2D designs. The number of people in this community who’s skillfull enough that they can jump into blender and whip together decent quality custom models for their games are probably... a handfull? Maybe. It would be a very cool feature of course, but with an entry bar high enough that I only think one or two people would actually make use of it. And that seems like a waste to me.

Well that’s my 2 cents.

Optimization, bug fixes and user friendly new features top my list.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask As far as I can see this plugin has nothing to do with fogs. If I am right please post a thread in the general MV Support forum instead of derailing this thread. If I am wrong, please ignore this post.
The fog I refer to is the alpha fog that his 3d script generates.
You can do some things with fog, as the "manual" itself explains, but I can only do it via map note tags.
I was wondering if anyone knows a way to do this via common events.
To be more specific, I would like to know if there is a possibility to change the color of alpha fog by common events.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes there is a "fog", to hide the parts of the map that are not rendered. Not the usual fog in most plugins, but must be what they mean.
@CoopNinjask pretty sure it is mentioned how to change the fog through plugin commands in the help file/github page.
@Dread_Nyanak as Parallax Panda said I thing for now bug fixing and performance for the platforms update is better than adding things. Then after that region settings through notetags, 8 directions movement (even though QMovement covers it, you can leave that for later, it is bigger work and not everyone will use it), setting sides of tiles individually, add 3d models (and yes Parallax Panda, pretty sure it is models like blender ones), and then QMovement if you really want it (message me later, I can send you my half-finished one from 0.3.10, could help you a bit? of course, as I said it was kinda heavy for my pc, so... yeah, performance is definitelly better to work on before QMovement for me). Then later you go for the suggested battle version. VR may be added around 3d models.
Don't worry too much about CCEx compatibility, I'll try to do it myself later today like I did for QSprites. If you don't mind, that is.

phamtruong1992

Mage Art - Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Omg that is so cool. People who are using and testing this plugin please post more videos. I love seeing this lol.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask
With plugin command
mv3d fog color #ff0000 5
The 5 is the amount of seconds it takes for the color to change.

You can also change the fog distance with
mv3d fog dist <near> <far> <t>
Where <near> is the distance the fog starts and <far> is the distance the fog finishes. <t> is time.
Or to just cange one of these values,
mv3d fog near <n> <t>
mv3d fog far <n> <t>

A full list of plugin commands can be found in the help text.

The alpha fog in the premium plugin is something different, and just shows the parallax background. It doesn't have a color. You can have both alpha fog and colored fog at the same time though.
At the moment I think alpha fog can only be set in plugin parameters. It doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for since you're asking about color, but in the next version of the premium plugin I can add plugin commands and stuff for alpha fog.

@glaphen
I see what you mean about walk of edges=true letting you walk onto flat colliders with height=1.
What's happening here is there's a 1 tile gap under the event, so the collision check is saying the player can fit under there and letting the player move. But the platform finder sees there's a platform exactly at the player's head level, and thinks that's where the player is moving to, so the player gets popped on top of it.

"Below Characters" events are treated as flat even when not actually flat. They have their collider set to 0 by default. The collider can be changed with the collide() command.

I'm going to work on bug fixes and optimization a bit more. Then after I'm satisfied I'll move on QMovement.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
ecause most users here are not artists and can’t even make good looking 2D designs. The number of people in this community who’s skillfull enough that they can jump into blender and whip together decent quality custom models for their games are probably... a handfull? Maybe. It would be a very cool feature of course, but with an entry bar high enough that I only think one or two people would actually make use of it. And that seems like a waste to me.
@Parallax Panda
This is biased at best. Theres a lot of people right now with skill of blender and how to work with blender. Blender is even used right now for 2d sprites by converting models for use in sprite animation by importing for qsprites and just because people are not commenting on the forums doesnt mean that people dont have the knowhow.
Its also used right now for paralaxx mapping and can already be used in rpgmaker mv.

That being said, people have been waiting for years for a chance of using their blender skills with models in something like this.
And for those who dont, theres alot of videos for this to learn. its easier and much less time consuming then people think.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eh, I myself tried using blender once and sucked at it. While I could try again, I'd rather draw what I need...
but I do get the appeal for those that *can* use it.

Also, @Kraden96 just remembered a reason for 3d battles...
If you look into the opening post, Dread_Nyanak is planning to add VR support in the future. Would be weird if the map is VR and the battle just... isn't.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy
I had already read it, but it got a little lost.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Dread_Nyanak
Thank you!
I got confused, I read the help text, but I was putting the command as:
mv3d fog color <#ff0000> <5>
I can't believe I got stuck in something so silly! XD
I didn't understand the alpha fog thing so I thought it was the fog visible at the bottom of the map.

I'm going to say, you're doing something amazing with this plugin, keep up the good work!
The look the shadows give the game is beyond the next level. ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am creating a game clock based day and night system, so get some pictures of how it looks at different stages of the day.

Day
Day.jpg

Afternoon
Afternoon.jpg

Night
Night.jpg

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know how well it will turn out, but I'm looking into using this for my next project. That won't be started until 2021 but it's a survival horror game that we were originally going to make in Unreal with a PS1 aesthetic and this fits the bill super well while also being in RPG Maker, which I'm more than knowledgeable on. Seriously, thank you so much for all the work put into this, it looks incredible.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to remove this option.
3D Options
Can it be permanently disabled?
Which the user cannot define

It is not compatible with Plug-in MOG_MenuBackground

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask
It looks really good. Though if i might make a suggestion the shadows look a little too dark. You can adjust the ambient light to make them a bit lighter during day.

@palatkorn
Create a new plugin loaded after MV3D with this stuff in it.
Code:
(function(){
    const _option_command_list = Window_Options.prototype.makeCommandList;
    Window_Options.prototype.makeCommandList = function() {
        _option_command_list.apply(this,arguments);
        for (let i=this._list.length-1;i>=0;--i){
            if(this._list[i].symbol==='mv3d-options'){this._list.splice(i,1);}
        }
    };
})();
I'll add a proper option to disable the 3D options submenu in the next update, and also dump the options inside into the regular options area so they're still accessible.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak
So in the next update we'll be able to both make the 3D options inaccessible to the player as well as have them in the normal options menu if we want them to be accessible? Is that correct?

(sounds like an improvement to me)

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, finally downloaded the 0.4.3 version.
Some things I already noticed...
1- apparently "fall off ledges" does not let you fall off slopes? Nevermind, the big slope had direction restriction but the others I fell from fine even if they were not high there

2- just to make clear, the choice of slopes to show the shadow pen was... not good. The grass ones are most likely going to turn that way already due to the auto direction, and the grey ones, the side ones have directional passage blocking the sides, probably why neither of them turned (seems like blocking one side also blocks the other... makes sense since you are supposed to go up and down it in a striaght line though).
It does work though - I used the shadow pen on that abandoned piece of slope in the bottom and it changed from pointing up to the left.

3- The cave's rope doesn't work anymore as it is in the demo. Putting trigger(0,2) in the notetags made it work again though.

Good additions would be away to set a map's gravity to be different from the rest of the game, instead of just an event (like a map in space, for example, you'd fall slower). Also a plugin command, at least to be able to change the player's but the map's would be nice too. And with that a way to make an event's be in relation to the map's instead of just a set value.
And a way to make a ledge/platform event be able to fall from or not, even if the setting is turned on, instead of all or nothing.
I may be wrong but I could find none of those in the github's instructions.

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, i'm back! ^^

@Zekken
It's a bit too complex to explain here.
I will record a video tutorial and release a demo soon (Without the mv3d p@tr30n script, of course)

@Dread_Nyanak
There's a color in your help file [ambient (# 222222)] that I tested and it looks amazing, it looks like a kind of bloom filter on the map. It made all the difference!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I came to show you some of my work with your script.
I am creating a game core using its script that creates a system of nature. The goal is to boost the graphics and make the standard RTP graphics look amazing. That includes:
- Game Clock
- Day and night (And Cloudy)
- Rains
- Sunlight and Moonlight
- Camera Routines

Now the details:
=> Game Clock:
A standard internal clock system containing: frames, seconds, minutes, hours and days (counting days only, not days of the week)

=> Day and Night: A system with three phases of the day: Day, Afternoon and Night. Depending on the phase of the day, this changes the screen tint, your script fog, shadow pitch, and background panorama.
This also automatically disables when you enter an interior map. Map IDs are defined by an array.

=> Rainfall: A system with 2 types of weather: Rain and Storm.
His highlight is that he defines exactly what time of day (Day, Hour, Minute and Second) the rain will start to fall and also when the rain will stop falling, so only when it arrives at that particular time does the rain fall.
An important addendum is cloudy weather: Every time a rain occurs, up to 6 hours before, the weather changes to cloudy, which changes your script's fog, shadow pitch and background panorama. Cloudy weather takes precedence over the phases of the day, creating three more phases: Cloudy Day, Cloudy Afternoon, and Cloudy Night.
Another thing is that there may be thunder or not during this rain, and the frequency and strength of thunder varies randomly.

=> Sunlight and Moonlight: Both day and night, the sun will rotate around the map, making a 360º turn, changing the shadow angle in a realistic manner based on the game's internal clock. Every 2 minutes, the shadow moves 1º around the map. The result is that if you get the feel of a real sun (or moon) affecting the light and shadow of the map, the result is amazing.

=> Camera Routines: Instead of setting the camera for each specific map, you can set them as 3 default categories: Interior Map, Exterior Map or Dungeon. And the camera angle will automatically be applied to it without having to configure each one specifically. This can be done by arrays.

Well, I did all this by common events, because this, is not that simple for other people to use, the best I can do is make my project available for you to try.
Still, some minor adjustments are still missing and I'll make them before I make them available. I also want to make a video tutorial showing what you can do.
From the little I saw, your 3d script has absurd potential. I am very excited to create a project with him.

Finally, I leave some more screenshots for you to get a visual sense of the systems. A big hug!

Day 2
Day 2.jpg

Cloudy Day
Cloudy Day.jpg

Afternoon 2
Afternoon 2.jpg

Cloudy Afternoon
Cloudy Afternoon.jpg

Cloudy Afternoon 2
Cloudy Afternoon 2.jpg

Night 2
Night 2.jpg

Night 3
Night 3.jpg

Cloudy Night
Cloudy Night.jpg

Last edited:

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Author: Dread/Nyanak
Version 0.4.2

A 3D rendering plugin for RPG Maker MV.

Wall tiles (A3 and A4) are transformed into 3D walls, allowing you to easily create 3D maps.
Regions and terrain tags can also be used to control the height of tiles.

Big 3D castle

A simple hedgemaze example.
This plug in looks awesome! The sort of thing I need to check out if/when I get some extra time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dald