glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KaYsEr when in first person view you cannot see the mc, but you need to turn followers invisible by hand. To use it set the camera distance to 0, either through map notes or a plugin command.
I'd like to give more ideas about your first person touch screen... you see, this plugin allows you to look up and down with page up and page down (if you set it to do so on plugin parameters), and straffing, that is walking to the side without turning. So while that is a good idea if you won't use these, what about for letting the player do those too?
Personally, I'd think it is better to focus on finishing the plugin before dealing with compatibility with other plugins. But I myself did a small compatibility patch for QSprite and a version of QAudio, am currently trying a patch for SRD's CCEx and am planning on doing a version of QInput, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Truth is, many plugins being incompatible in 3d mode is kinda expected since this changes things like how events are shown - they are not sprites, but a new class called Characters that take some things from sprites but not everything, if your plugins are under IIFEs like Galv's are they won't work (actually many other plugins become incompatible with plugins with IIFEs, had myself to remove them from a few Galv plugins for a few friends - that was all I did though so doubt it would be considered a big deal, if this is the first one you met this happened with consider yourself lucky). Not only that, plugins dealing with keys and directions are also expected to have problems - this plugin changes the input so that if you turn the camera pressing left is read as pressing up, for example. Also, the directions were moved to wasd and straffing went to q and e, while default keys are the arrows and q and w for page up and down. Yanfly's plugin, the one you mentioned, considers the default keys and the ones added by his own plugins.
The "fog" here is not really a fog, it is more like those old ps1/n64 fogs to hide the edge of the rendered poligons. Probably actual fog plugins would work fine with it?

Holy walls of text batman! Sorry, a bit out of my mind trying to do the ccex patch I mentioned earlier. Will try to fix this later.

@glaphen I don't understand the problem... from what you said earlier you changed the stairs threshold? Is this problem with the usual threshold or only your new one? Could you send a video or something of what you mean, because I read and read it and don't get it...
Turn on Walk off Edge in parameters, make a below flat event with z setting for its height, if less than 0.99 difference between its height and your current/any same/above event walking it can walk on top of it regardless of stair threshold. Make an event any shape at all, and set it to same as with any z setting, same as events walking can't go pass it at all, also seems player can't walk through it either unless set to flat. Just tried again you don't even need Walk off Edge this time for same as problem, belows needs it though.

Oh and I forgot it also works on flat above with z but only for the player, if not for that it could be ignored if you only ever used z with above events.

Last edited:

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak I've been playing around with the Airship some more and have something to say about it.

I noticed that the drop speed of it has increased when navigating off of high terrain since the patch with platform events was introduced. You used to be able to fly off the cliff and quickly fly back onto it before you drop below the surface of it. With more testing, I also figured out that whatever the elevation is set for the airship (2 by default), you can no longer fly over a narrow pit that is deeper than the elevation that the airship is set.

For example:

Say you are in the airship with the elevation set to 2 in the plugin params and you are on a tile/terrain with the height set to 6.
The next tile over is terrain at normal height at 0.
The third tile past that is terrain with a set height to 4.

Somewhere before the first platforms patch was delivered, you would be able to soar over onto the tile that is set to <height(4)> from the tile that is set to <height(6)> with the pit in between set at 0.
Now, you simply drop straight down into the pit because the height difference of it and the other side is 4 which is greater than the elevation setting of the airship (2).

I don't know if this is considered a bug, an implementation of gravity, or a preferred change in code, but I noticed this change just recently when I was flying around in the demo and couldn't fly onto the roof of the shop with the ladder/chest from the mountain cliff anymore. Instead, just dropping down in between them.

To summarize with my screenshot below, you can't fly over some gaps anymore if there is a height/depth greater than the elevation height of the airship. Pumping up the elevation may be un-tasteful for some as you may be hovering too high than preferred.

Attachments

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the latest updates broke the player transfer system. When I'm on a map with 3D off the game doesn't transfer the player from one place to another like it's supposed to. 3D maps work fine but for my project I don't want the effect on anything that doesn't constitute overworld terrain.

EDIT: This is in the 0.4.4 branch in case it helps.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fyoha no you wouldn't. At least, last time I used the airship on a demo, from before 0.4, if you wanted to go to somewhere with height above the airship's flight you had to go somewhere a bit higher to get it high enough - that is, if the airship has over height 2 you could get over a height 2 terrain, going to height 4, and from there to a height 6, but not to a height 5 or 6 right away. That is how some parts of the mountain near the demo town were blocked after all.
Unless that was changed in a later version and put back now, but that is how it worked.

Big_Guthix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if I'm missing something or doing something wrong, but when I load up the demo project it just flat out doesn't work. Everything just renders in 2D as if the plugins aren't there.

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy Yezzir, I understand how you have to climb in intervals of 1 or 2 height blocks that is equal or less than airship elevation to get to higher places, but what I'm saying is that the "soar" effect is gone now. You used to be able to clear a pit if you moved fast enough before the 0.4 patch. Now you just drop. Its like there is a hidden entity that represents your placement with the airship on the ground that isn't totally synced with the actual graphic of the airship and that entity is instantly dropping to the ground while the airship's graphic catches up with it? I don't know how to explain it. I uploaded a quick video on YT to help explain what I mean by the "soaring" effect and how its gone now. I kind of liked it, but idk how complicated the codes are now for having the possibility of bringing it back.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy Yes the plugin seems to remap a lot of keys, creating many potential problems and breaking other plugins, hopefully it can get better in further versions. (Another thing I noticed is sometimes in the demo when entering a cave in 1st person from the main big island for example, your character can automatically strafe like you’re still pressing the key, might have something to do with that remap thing as well.)

But yes I know we're not supposed to see the MC in.. 1st person ;) all good here, I was talking about the fact all events are messed up if you simply upload the demo to an FTP and try it on any Apple device using Safari (iPhone or iPad), it's quite easy to reproduce the problem. (And even on Windows Chrome, shadows will be missing. Speaking of shadows, I see they can easily break when transferring between maps if the plugin is OFF by default and you manually activate the 3D effect on a per-map basis.)

Sure, the click/touchscreen thing is just a base and we could for example use the 2 red top squares to strafe L/R and the bottom ones to adjust the pitch U/D, we could also not use the red areas to extend the blue since the bare minimum for it to work is the blue and green parts.

Yes you're right it's not the same kind of "fog", It's more like an alpha fog indeed like in good old Turok on N64 to hide the culling, and I love the effect. So yes it's true it's not like for example in the "Khas" fog plugin, maybe we can't "animate" that thing at all, it was just an idea in case there's some kind of witchcraft possible in order to add a fractal noise in that thing to make it look like it's an actual fog.

I wish Drea_Nyanak good luck with the plugin, it’s already very impressive and maybe in time we’ll be able to use it in combination with regular 2D in a game with only occasional 3D maps, like people who just want it for a worldmap or dungeons etc.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BreakerZero
Actually it seems like events are broken in general on 2D maps. The modded functions were being called instead of the original ones. Should be fixed now.

@Fyoha
In the new update ascent/descent speed is the same as the gravity, so you can change the speed the airship moves up and down by changing its gravity.
The reason for not being able to fly over pits is flying characters check for collisions at their target elevation in addition to their current elevation.
I'll add a new plugin parameter to restore the old gliding behavior.

Update 0.4.4.2
fixed broken events on 2D maps
added Allow Glide parameter.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, yeah i'm still trying to figure things out with height. The base height of the map is zero but for my actual map (that the player can walk on) it's 31. Something I'm using regions set in the plugin parameter to achieve. I do have problems with placing objects and structures on top of my elevated ground though.

I thought placing B, C, D and E tiles would be placed on top of elevated ground THEN have their own height applied but apparently not as can be seen with my attempt of placing a headge on the screenshot below:

The hedge is set to have a height of 0.5 unless I'm mistaken (it works on non elevated ground so I think it's correct). However what seems to happen is that that 0.5 height gets overwritten because of the height elevation of 31 and becomes 31 (thus get lowered into the ground).

I guess it might be possible to make a special region for height 31.5(?), but is there a better solution for this? As you can see, there's elevation on top of the cliff as well so if I made special regions I'll have to make a lot of them to be able to place hedge (and other objects) on all different elevation differences. It would be a bit of a mess.

Last edited:

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, yeah i'm still trying to figure things out with height. The base hight of the map is zero but for my actual map it's 31 (i'm using regions set in the plugin parameter to achieve that. I do have problems with placing objects and structures on top of my elevated ground though.

I thought placing B, C, D and E tiles would be placed on top of elevated ground THEN have their own height applied but apparently not as can be seen with my attempt of placing a headge on the screenshot below:

The hedge is set to have a height of 0.5 unless I'm mistaken (it works on non elevated ground so I think it's correct). However what seems to happen is that that 0.5 height gets overwritten because of the height elevation of 31 and becomes 31 (thus get lowered into the ground).

I guess it might be possible to make a special region for height 31.5(?), but is there a better solution for this? As you can see, there's elevation on top of the cliff as well so if I made special regions I'll have to make a lot of them to be able to place hedge (and other objects) on all different elevation differences. It would be a bit of a mess.
I don't think the height in that image is right, it's just height, not height(0.5),.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah it appear that I messed up the tag. It does seem to work for B, C, D, and E tiles if written correctly: D,4,0:height(0.5),side(D,4,1)

However, it does not work for A4 tiles which is probably because they're meant to be walls, but since they auto-tile it would be nice if there was a way to write into the tag that they should add x to the height EVEN if placed on a region with a specifed elevation.

Like it is now. I can make a blocky hedge by using the D tileset but if I want it to look as good as something that's auto-tiled I need to use up a lot more of the tilesheet spaceto make all the corners and stuff.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah it appear that I messed up the tag. It does seem to work for B, C, D, and E tiles if written correctly: D,4,0:height(0.5),side(D,4,1)

However, it does not work for A4 tiles which is probably because they're meant to be walls, but since they auto-tile it would be nice if there was a way to write into the tag that they should add x to the height EVEN if placed on a region with a specifed elevation.

Like it is now. I can make a blocky hedge by using the D tileset but if I want it to look as good as something that's auto-tiled I need to use up a lot more of the tilesheet spaceto make all the corners and stuff.
I can sort-of see the use of regions inheriting height for A tile tags, then you wouldn't need 10x the height for each region per 1 height when you can instead make at most 10 copies of the tileset tile with 0.1 heights, 0.2 heights,ect dividing the amount of regions limited to 255 needed.

Actually I just tested and depth does work to decrease tile height even after region, so you can make copies of A tiles with different depths to avoid making 0.1 regions. Though testing on floors it seems kinda buggy, doesn't always subtract by right amount. NVM it works and you can use negative depth for positive height.

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak

Hm, okay new problem. Either for me (in that I did something wrong again), or maybe with the plugin this time?

I got the following slope setup but the "n", "w", "s" and "e" settings doesn't seem to work. All slopes are facing north (or west? I'm not sure which is which on the map).

This is how I set up my slopes in the database. Did I do something wrong or is this the plugin?

// roof tiles (north)
D,1,3:slope(1,n),side(A3,0,3)

// roof tiles (west)
D,0,4:slope(1,w)side(A3,0,3)

// roof tiles (east)
D,2,4:slope(1,e)side(A3,0,3)

// roof tiles (south)
D,1,5:slope(1,s)side(A3,0,3)

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak

Hm, okay new problem. Either for me (in that I did something wrong again), or maybe with the plugin this time?

I got the following slope setup but the "n", "w", "s" and "e" settings doesn't seem to work. All slopes are facing north (or west? I'm not sure which is which on the map).

This is how I set up my slopes in the database. Did I do something wrong or is this the plugin?

// roof tiles (north)

// roof tiles (west)
D,0,4:slope(1,w)side(A3,0,3)

// roof tiles (east)
D,2,4:slope(1,e)side(A3,0,3)

// roof tiles (south)
D,1,5:slope(1,s)side(A3,0,3)
I think it's a typo again, you forgot comma after slope setting. But I don't seem to need it in demo, it works in demo any direction with D,4,0:slope(1,e)side(A3,0,3)

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@glaphen
You mean the comma before the "side(A3,0,3)" part right? It's actually a typo I made here on the forums. In the database it's properly typed out like this:

// roof tiles (north)

// roof tiles (west)
D,0,4:slope(1,w),side(A3,0,3)

// roof tiles (east)
D,2,4:slope(1,e),side(A3,0,3)

// roof tiles (south)
D,1,5:slope(1,s),side(A3,0,3)

...and it doesn't seem to work for me.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@glaphen
You mean the comma before the "side(A3,0,3)" part right? It's actually a typo I made here on the forums. In the database it's properly typed out like this:

// roof tiles (north)

// roof tiles (west)
D,0,4:slope(1,w),side(A3,0,3)

// roof tiles (east)
D,2,4:slope(1,e),side(A3,0,3)

// roof tiles (south)
D,1,5:slope(1,s),side(A3,0,3)

...and it doesn't seem to work for me.
Yeah it works in demo even with typo, so maybe something to do with your regions or terrain tags, I would say shadows but they don't work on D tiles, I tried high height region and it still works, works layered.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just figured out what was wrong. I was testing in a new project but the .js files were from an older version. I assume the slope directions might have been implemented more recently because as soon as I updated the files it seems to work. Silly me.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KaYsEr yeah, well, kinda. her method of this is kinda confusing, to be honest.
if you look on the proper files, the only keys changed are q and w, that are changed to up and rotate left, the other keys being just added things, rotate right for e and directions for a, s and d. And the original functions of q and w are still on page up and page down - in fact, even in the original code they were only called page up and page down. Everything else, same as before.
But when dealing with actually working on them, she added alternate mappings to them, so if you are in the menu you have the default keymap, on the field a second that changes pageup to rotleft, for example, and left for rotleft on first person. The problem here is that she has to set them per key, instead of doing a system that lets them be used as the other key when at the proper place... a system a normal keymapping plugin can't just replace.
But that should not be that hard to map over. Let us be honest, she is clearly more focused on... everything else in this plugin, and people are always pointing out more small bugs. Wanting to make this the better she can, such minor things, easy to fix but that are working fine as they are, are going to be put on the side. That is why I am doing these small compatibility patches that should be much simpler than some are being (I'm looking at you, character creator ex events that don't want to update graphics unless you exit the map!). Including, in the future, a remapping one.
With things like diagonal plugins, like QMovement, is that they change how the keys are read, not just remap them. Because this plugin has to do this too, since pressing left is ok on a camera looking up, but needs to work as a different direction when facing an other one.
And... man I wish I could contact Khas. He disappeared, it seems? I wanted to at least buy a license to use his plugins in commercial use, nevermind making this compatible with his fog now.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy

Did you try to email Khas? I think he had to focus on school and other work. I actually bought a license before and I am using his fog with this plugin (together with Olivia’s “Bright effects”). But in my opinion, most of these effect plugins made for normal MV don’t always loook right. Which is not a surprise since all those effects are applied to a flat layer and does not affect the actual 3d. Because of this they tend to look a bit... flat.

What I did with KHAS fog was I set it to “rare” and then changed the MV3D’s white fog to start at 1 and end at whatever faraway distant as needed it to. Blending them like that makes it look a bit better in my opinion.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parallax Panda e-mail, twitter, the forums, every way I could find to try and contact him I tried at the time. Unless he changed contacts and I just wasn't able to find the new ones. But I even asked in the forums if anyone knew how I could find him and specifically said it was to pay for the licenses, doubt he would have avoided me if he was in any way still contactable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 8)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pft... people think the moon landing is fake. Nonsense. The moon doesnt even exist in the first place, it's just the reflection of the earth on the surface of space.
I don't know if anyone will get my old pop culture references. Item: Empty Basket. Description: Don't worry. Yogi Bear won't try to steal it.
My second childrens book is finally uploaded and approved and available to buy! I am so happy!
I just realized I passed 1,000 likes. I'm amazed you people actually like this crap. It's no surprise you'd like my high quality content. :kaopride:
Running on a creative high right now. Expanding my Redwood tile D with doors, windows, and some other odds and ends today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Etawaha