MV3D - 3D rendering for RMMV with Babylon.js

Gaelah

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am making a personal game and I have started using this plugin. The truth is that I love it. The result is very interesting being that they are graphics generated from the maker. I leave an image and a link to the instagram of the project if you want more information. Thank you very much Dread / Nyanak!

Instagram: @planetile_
IMG_20200119_044429_553.jpg

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
For the people who were waiting for me to release the demo of the Environment System, I just posted. It's in the RPG Maker MV Tutorials part.
Hope you enjoy! o/

Just a heads up that I still can't access the link.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am making a personal game and I have started using this plugin. The truth is that I love it. The result is very interesting being that they are graphics generated from the maker. I leave an image and a link to the instagram of the project if you want more information. Thank you very much Dread / Nyanak!

Instagram: @planetile_
View attachment 131619
Beautiful graphics, man!

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy
So that's what causes that strafing bug... Thanks, I'll try and fix it.

@HeadClot
Looks like I'm using v4.0.3
Thanks for the interesting link, although I think I'm more comfortable working with glsl directly.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak

Is anybody else having trouble deploying their game with this plugin included? It seems to interfere with image encryption especially. Maybe it's been discussed before or I'm missing something.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I admit never tried deploying...
is there an error message? I'll try deploying myself later to check myself though.
and are you using dragonbones? it was reported that it had problems it had problems with encripting them, if you use it that could be it too...

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I admit never tried deploying...
is there an error message? I'll try deploying myself later to check myself though.
and are you using dragonbones? it was reported that it had problems it had problems with encripting them, if you use it that could be it too...
No error message, just an infinite loading screen. Went into the log and found that the game was unable to load images. Turned MV3D and Babylon off and encryption worked fine.

Not using dragonbones either.

Luckily, I'm not using any images that require encryption, and audio still can be encrypted.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Danielcross found the cause of the problem. Unfortunatelly, only @Dread_Nyanak herself can fix it since it involves rewriting everywhere images are loaded from, something a small patch can't do easily and would probably clash with later fixes she does.

You see, she doesn't use loadBitmap to get the images. Fair enough, actually, since the materials are not compatible with mv's version of Bitmap (it is actually a class created just for it, not a real image).
BUT! mv's version of Bitmap has a function that decripts the files when they are loaded. What she uses... does not.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah it looks like RPG Maker's encryption method prevents the files from being accessed normally. I have to use Babylon's method to load the textures, and I don't understand it very well so I don't know if I can fix it.

The deployment works fine without the encryption, but if you absolutely need encryption, here's a few other ways to hide your files which don't interfere with the functionality of the app.
If you build with electron instead of RPG Maker's builder (which uses nwjs), then you can use an asar archive.
If you're only building for windows, there's a program I like called Enigma Virtual Box which lets you combine all of your game files into a single exe, although it does seem to increase the startup time a bit.

Note that there's not actually any air-tight way to secure the game files. No matter what you do, somebody who knows what they're doing will find their in. Even with encryption.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While the ideal solution is making a method that reproduces the decrypting itself, a quick while we don't know how to do it could be to, if the images are encrypted (the check is "Decrypter.hasEncryptedImages"), put the image file in an mv Bitmap and then send the bitmap's "._image.src" as a texture instead of the image directly.
Need to test it, but it should work...

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't seem to get it to work, unfortunately. The decrypter creates a blob url and I can't figure out how to make it load properly into Babylon. I've been looking at the docs and it should be possible, but nothing I try is working.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right, thanks guys. I too would probably recommend enigma virtual box, although it does increase the chance of memory leaks from what I've heard. Encryption is probably more important to people who are obligated to encrypt files due to various EULAs for asset packs.

I will be testing to see if virtual box works correctly with this plugin... and to see how much extra strain it puts on running a game :D. I'm getting fairly steady 60 fps on a really bad laptop so far.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't change through this command.
Is there a way to change?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak @Danielcross hmm... now I really want to learn better about the encryptions. I'll try to make myself finish this 1st person touch input I am kinda frozen on due to other reasons, then do an element rate control plugin I was asked for, then try to work on this and the whole control remap I promised earlier.

@palatkorn probably because everything made for the 3d is created during the map's loading, and changing a tileset refreshes the map... a refresh that does not redo the loading, because without this plugin it would have no reason to. It is kinda consuming.
Also, may not be the best idea since so many of the graphics' settings are controlled by tileset notetags...
She could probably add a small change on it to reload the map if the tileset is changed while the map is 3d, but... is it really worth it? At this level of consumption of the computer, unless for things like event locations or temporarily erased, it could be better to color the screen, either full bright, full bright or another color, and change maps to one with the new tileset instead...
The option could be added though, even if just for cases like those I mentioned.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use the method of creating parallel maps instead of changing

So I copy the map and repeat, this may be my solution now.

Because my map is 256 * 256 wide, it's hard to change to
All the snow

Last edited:

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@Dread_Nyanak
Right now, If you activate Qmovement plugin you cannot interact with events. Would be great if we can get a fix for this soon.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak @Waterguy

Virtual box seems to be running fine, although there seems to be more loading screens than normal. Unfortunately, if you have any post-deployment plugins meant to run inside the app folder (such as an error log) that is now inaccessible to players.

Next, first time uploading something boxed with Enigma to Steam.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Truly amazing job, looks and works wonderful! I tried to set bottom trees textures (under the top of the tree) but it does not work :( Is this implemented?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whypzk