Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
now
I just can use your demo files to see this plugin,
I can't add this plugin into my project, because too much problem
furture I hope this plugin can like ultra mode 7 plugin fix all problem and into my project easy

^___^

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Babylon version looks nice~ But the ceiling function doesn't work. Can you please bring it back? It was so nice to create a 3d indoor environment

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
01.why open demo game, then The game has been drawn all the time....
02.In a small room, if I can’t rotate the view, I won’t be able to click on the door and go out
03.In the green maze. The mouse doesn't work because it can't hit the direction and then move. Only the keyboard is useful.

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hyouryuu-Na
The ceilings should be back in now.

@seaotter
The loading is like that because the plugin is still in development. I'll make it load better in future updates.
I'm not sure why you're having trouble rotating the camera, but for the mouse are you holding the button down or tapping it? It might work better if you tap instead of hold.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting plugin! I tinkered around with the demo a bit, and beside the slow draw speed and high CPU usage I though that everything operated rather well. Without having peeked at the code or how Babylon functions, I have to wonder if there might be a way to pre-cache some of the data to speed things up. At any rate, keep up the awesome work!

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
really, I hold on mouse and can move at green room.
if just click one time, will can't move.... lol
victors will hate this....

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
11/20/2019 BUG Report by seaotter

01.root/MV3D this folder can move to root/img/MV3D ?
02.Map island this door open..... >_<
03.OPEN this plugin all animations will can't display ( very important !!! )

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the future I might put things in that folder other than images, but I can see how it might be annoying having it clutter up your root folder like that. I'll move it into the img folder.
Yeah, playing animations currently isn't supported. It's a bit of a difficult problem, but I'd like to sort it out eventually.

In other news, I think I've fixed the performance issues with the plugin. I rewrote most of the mesh building code. Now instead of using Babylon's built in mesh builders to build my tiles and merge them into a single mesh, Now I have my own mesh builder.
The plugin also needs to maintain a smaller list of materials now, because instead of using uvscale properties on the textures I'm now directly setting the uvs on the mesh. So the amount of materials I need to store in memory has drastically shrunk.
The framerate and load times are super good now, at least on my computer. Let me know how it performs on your end.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak I have a rather ancient machine (AMD FX 6100 CPU, AMD Radeon HD 7700 GPU) and wow ... yeah, the difference between the old version and the new version is substantial. Drawing all the objects/texture around the start area went from two minutes to near instantaneous. Sustained FPS increased from 5 to 60. CPU load dropped from 25-35% to 10-15%. GPU load increased from 0-5% to 10-20% but I will gladly take that because of the massive frame rate improvement. The lag and stutter while moving around has been completely eliminated.

Out of curiosity, I also ran both demonstration projects on an even older machine (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE). The FPS of the older version hovered at or under 5 while the newer version managed 5-20.

Last edited:

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin conflicts: :
01. pop talk message at actor ( MessageWindowPopup.js ) error X,Y point
02. ATB ststem ( MOG_ChronoEngine ) can't control to move
03. pop name at actor ( Namepop-2.js ) can't work
04. zoom change size ( SpriteZoom.js ) can't work
05. Ultra Mode 7 (UltraMode7.js) error display screen

I think it should be a conflict that locates the X Y variable... because it is a display problem... ^_^

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak Thanks! You're my fav plugin developer ^^ But I found a bug. The ceiling works fine for default note tag. But with the extra height options, it doesn't work. I tried ceiling(A4,2,2,4), no ceiling; ceiling(A4,2,2,1), no ceiling. ceiling(A4,2,2) works.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak Thanks! You're my fav plugin developer ^^ But I found a bug. The ceiling works fine for default note tag. But with the extra height options, it doesn't work. I tried ceiling(A4,2,2,4), no ceiling; ceiling(A4,2,2,1), no ceiling. ceiling(A4,2,2) works.

Edit: Accidentally duplicated the comment. Don't know how it happened. Mods, please forgive me ^^; It wasn't intentional.

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter That exists to stop the game from crashing when any resource is missing. A plant is supposed to be there but it's not present in your image folder. So, that placeholder is there to stop the game from crashing.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter That exists to stop the game from crashing when any resource is missing. A plant is supposed to be there but it's not present in your image folder. So, that placeholder is there to stop the game from crashing.
thank you at 02 problem, will you know 01. problem ?

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you at 02 problem, will you know 01. problem ?
That happened to me too in the three.js version. But hasn't happened yet in this babylon version

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is a normal thing in mv. any roof can be walked on if your character can get into it. on the big island map there is even a chest on top of a house.
that usually happens because somewhere someone shift-mapped but the tile got an open side, meaning it isn't blocking entrance from there.

In other news, since fps is fixed I'll now be able to make my own game mixing BoF3 out of dungeons with Phantasy Star/Megaten inside them... I am happy right now.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug! @Dread_Nyanak
upload_2019-11-20_21-38-23.png
tall characters get cut off
As far as I know, A4 tiles cannot be 'Star' but yet, this happens. In the tileset settings it's set to 'X'

I know I have a lot of problems but it's good to squish as much bugs as possible for any kind of plugin. Hope you can get it solved ^^

@Waterguy Can you help me with setting up light sources? I don't understand the Help section :/ And there's no example in the maps

Last edited:

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
Degica should hire you to make it oficial! :eswt::esrs:

i imagine a tactics system working with it, omg!

EDIT: There is no option to Turn Off 3D?

Last edited:

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is pretty fantastic, great work! I'll look forward to experimenting with it in the future after my game is completed :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hey guys how come my new plugin that I programmed so perfectly doesn't work? Oh wait.... I forgot to add it to my game's plugins. :kaoswt:
While I take a break from developing RPGs, I'm thinking of doing something I've never done before: actually playing an RPG released by someone else. Any suggestions?
Good lord this is taking forever, I'm not even out of the opening really and I've still got hours worth of work to do before I get to the main gameplay loop. Orphan of Time will probably be done some time next year, If I'm lucky.
Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(
Tune in next time for our newest Episode: "PC issues return! Palm uses every swear in the lexicon!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosyNoodle