MV3D - 3D rendering for RMMV with Babylon.js

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as i can notice, if you put a file with the simbol % for characters, it would not load the file o.o!, the problem is, galv character frames or qsprite use the % simbol inside their files to make them work, so, if you put a image with the simbol % on it without the plugin , the game cant load it, if you put a file with that simbol but theres a plugin using that simbol to work, it would only load a black square , i test it inside a fresh demo file ^^ejemplo.png

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@WesdrasLink
Okay, so after some research it seems to be caused by an older version of WebGL. I can simulate the problem on my machine by using mv3d.engine.forcePOTTextures=true
It should be fixed now, but your textures will be blurrier than people with a newer version of WebGL. I can't fix that.

@k333
I just need to start encoding the urls to fix this.

Update 0.4.8:
Fixed POT (power of two) texture problem
encode urls to allow % in filenames.

KirkMarkarian

Electronic Music Composer / Sound Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to share a demo of how I've always wanted to design a game in RPG Maker MV, and now I can! Fake-bitmap Artwork created in Affinity Designer (vector) and all audio sequenced/created entirely in Renoise until mastering.

LukaYang

Noob
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again, well ... I don't know if this is a mistake.
However, I didn't like it very much ... the sprite character
is well stretched '-' And ... when I put a tile,
it gets weird, or it totally changes.
(It was supposed to be a grass wall, but it turned into bricks '-')
Glitch.png

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LukaYang did you change any settings?
you could have set the x or y scales different sizes for characters in the parameters, and in the tilesets they may be put wring.
To be honest, I can't tell if there is something wrong with the plugin for you or with how you set things with just this image

LukaYang

Noob
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy No, I didn't touch anything. When I put it to the test for the first time, it was like this '-'

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LukaYang
When did you download the plugin? This is the exact issue that I fixed in my latest post.
Try downloading the latest version from github and see if that fixes it.

LukaYang

Noob
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I tested it ... some things are back to normal. But one question ... is it normal for the characters to become a little too pixelated? And some tiles like mountains and trees are a little wrong. (Sorry for making you have more work)

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everybody, I need help with bridges. I'm wondering if it's possible to make it so that the player can walk underneath a bridge. I have images below to shed light on what I mean. I have a cave system, and there's a narrow path leading beneath a land bridge to a treasure chest. The bridge is functional and the player can walk across, but if I try to walk underneath it on the ground below it's as thought he player hits a wall and can't pass from either side. I've tried a few different methods of changing the passability of the tiles, using events to make the bridge with the platform funtion, and nothing has worked. The bridge I have now is made up of B tiles, and the bridge settings are part of the tileset notetags. The ground level is at a height elevation of 0, and the bridge is a height level of 2.

Bridge2.pngBridge3.pngBridge1.png

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody, I need help with bridges. I'm wondering if it's possible to make it so that the player can walk underneath a bridge. I have images below to shed light on what I mean. I have a cave system, and there's a narrow path leading beneath a land bridge to a treasure chest. The bridge is functional and the player can walk across, but if I try to walk underneath it on the ground below it's as thought he player hits a wall and can't pass from either side. I've tried a few different methods of changing the passability of the tiles, using events to make the bridge with the platform funtion, and nothing has worked. The bridge I have now is made up of B tiles, and the bridge settings are part of the tileset notetags. The ground level is at a height elevation of 0, and the bridge is a height level of 2.

View attachment 134324View attachment 134325View attachment 134326
Did you try using fringe(2), inside bridge tileset notetag to set height instead, I tried and it worked perfectly.

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Did you try using fringe(2), inside bridge tileset notetag to set height instead, I tried and it worked perfectly.
No, I've only been using the default tags from the master demo so I thought fringe was pretty much just for lowering flora and such into the ground a bit :p - It does work, but now my only issue is that the bridge no longer has mass or bulk to it (the sides aren't being rendered) it's just a flat sheet of brown paper haha. Any thoughts on why?

Bridge4.pngBridge5.png

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, I've only been using the default tags from the master demo so I thought fringe was pretty much just for lowering flora and such into the ground a bit :p - It does work, but now my only issue is that the bridge no longer has mass or bulk to it (the sides aren't being rendered) it's just a flat sheet of brown paper haha. Any thoughts on why?

View attachment 134343View attachment 134344
Give it height(1) as well, or whatever you want the thickness to be height.

KirkMarkarian

Electronic Music Composer / Sound Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using the premium version of the plugin, there's some light-leaks in the shadows - any way to patch this up?

Settings:

<mv3d>
camera(0,15,dist:20,height:1)
camera(mode:perspective)
sun(#FFFFFF |45,45)
</mv3d>

See attached images for the actual leaking, and the shadow settings in the Plugin Manager panel.

Attachments

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Quick question: is there a limit to how many light events may exist on a single map with the free version of the plugin? I can only seem to have 4 active (in order of the smallest number of events to the highest, ex: EV01-EV04 are lit, but EV05 and beyond aren't working, despite being copied clones of the previous events.) I am using ver. 0.4.8

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SefirosuKuraodo as far as I know the only changes with the paid plugin right now is an extension for dinamic shadows and alpha fog. If there is more I'll need to download it soon.
This limit of four has been there for a while, it is a babylon thing, not from the plugin, but I thought @Dread_Nyanak had already made a fix for it...

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question: is there a limit to how many light events may exist on a single map with the free version of the plugin? I can only seem to have 4 active (in order of the smallest number of events to the highest, ex: EV01-EV04 are lit, but EV05 and beyond aren't working, despite being copied clones of the previous events.) I am using ver. 0.4.8
More than 4 light events is possible, i'm using 5 of them in my project.
I'm using v0.4.6.

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@SefirosuKuraodo as far as I know the only changes with the paid plugin right now is an extension for dinamic shadows and alpha fog. If there is more I'll need to download it soon.
This limit of four has been there for a while, it is a babylon thing, not from the plugin, but I thought @Dread_Nyanak had already made a fix for it...
Hmmm... if @Dread_Nyanak already made a fix for it, and CoopNinjask is able to exceed it with their project, I may experiment when I get home and downgrade to an older version to see what my results are.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm... if @Dread_Nyanak already made a fix for it, and CoopNinjask is able to exceed it with their project, I may experiment when I get home and downgrade to an older version to see what my results are.
There is! 6 light events: 5 crystal lights + player's light.

Light Events.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another amazing looking game!
--Turn Based Battles--

Hero:
Look, it is Minotaur!
M. Knight: Let's go attack it!
Hero: Wait, no, it is just standing there!!
HUD Display: It is M. Knight's turn.
(M. Knight attacks Minotaur)
HUD Display: It is Minotaur's turn.
Hero: (Facepalms) Now look what you did! You made the Minotaur attack us!
Randomly deciding to create some tombs/sarcophagi last minute is probably not the best choice in a timed game jam...
There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicoh