SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I downgraded to the 0.4.3 version I had backed up and it looks like I could actually achieve 7 lights, though the last couple had some strange results, making the event glow bright like it was lit but the light only visible in the water beside it but not on the ground beneath it... So, like, 5 lights and some partials. *Shrug* I'm going to just stick with the current updates and plan around 4 lights in a map until further notice. The plugin is too good not to keep using it over something silly like that :p

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually just wanted to say that this is one of the best script for RMMV so far! It can totally change how the engine works and it's so good so far. Would buy VIP version for sure. Shame that developers didn't implemented this as a new feature of "MV", cause it's just SO GOOD. Thanks to @Dread_Nyanak for providing this superduper script.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@fizzly
I agree, best stuff is always fan made , has been this way since don miquels rm2k version back in 95.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SefirosuKuraodo
Originally the limit was 4 lights, but I've increased that limit. Now there's a problem which causes the shaders to fail to compile if you have too many lights. The exact limit might be platform-specific, or depend on your webGL version.
I'm going to fix it in a future update.

@KirkMarkarian
Try mv3d.shadowGenerator.normalBias=0
This setting helps prevents artifacts from self-shadowing, but it seems it sometimes causes problems.
I'll address this in the next premium update by either tweaking the settings or adding more options.

In the mean time, you can try this code. Load it in a plugin.
JavaScript:
_updateParameters=mv3d.updateParameters
mv3d.updateParameters=function(){
    _updateParameters.apply(this,arguments);
    mv3d.shadowGenerator.normalBias=0;
}

Last edited:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Small question: Can you change the y-position of a tile through the tileset notes?

I tried with this code:

B,7,1:shape(wall),y(1),height(0.75)

Shape and height are changed according to the code, but y is not.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small question: Can you change the y-position of a tile through the tileset notes?

I tried with this code:

B,7,1:shape(wall),y(1),height(0.75)

Shape and height are changed according to the code, but y is not.
Use fringe(1)

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fringe is z, not y, so with fringe(1), the tiles are floating:

Oh my bad, I don't think there is a way to offset tiles, need to use events with the tiles picture.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Oh my bad, I don't think there is a way to offset tiles, need to use events with the tiles picture.
It actually sorts of work with: B,7,1:height(0.75),top(B,0,0)

Wanted to create crenellations, while it perfectly works with events, it's just too many of them and would slow down the entire game i think?

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It actually sorts of work with: B,7,1:height(0.75),top(B,0,0)

Wanted to create crenellations, while it perfectly works with events, it's just too many of them and would slow down the entire game i think?
Currently events are probably biggest source of lag but you can just make the character picture really big if your making a fence to use less, or scale if you want bad quality, perhaps when 3d meshes are out it will be even easier.

Also if you want exactly y(1) can't you just place the tile 1 back? Pretty sure that would be the position you want.

KaosChrist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I try to run my game after export I get the error failed to load mv3d image shadow. It is in the folder in the master game file and loads when I play test. What's up?

BTW the script is amazing I plan to use it with all custom graphics and to buy it for the 20 bucks if I can resolve this.

Edit: turns out I am dumb you do not want to tick exclude unused images. Thanks for the amazing plug in.

Last edited:

KirkMarkarian

Electronic Music Composer / Sound Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KirkMarkarian
Try mv3d.shadowGenerator.normalBias=0
This setting helps prevents artifacts from self-shadowing, but it seems it sometimes causes problems.
I'll address this in the next premium update by either tweaking the settings or adding more options.

In the mean time, you can try this code. Load it in a plugin.
JavaScript:
_updateParameters=mv3d.updateParameters
mv3d.updateParameters=function(){
    _updateParameters.apply(this,arguments);
    mv3d.shadowGenerator.normalBias=0;
}
Works great (mostly) so far - got rid of the holes, but now the shadows are a bit off in other structures! Still, thank you for the reply. It's nice to see some of the issue resolved Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 7.32.05 PM.png:)

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Currently events are probably biggest source of lag but you can just make the character picture really big if your making a fence to use less, or scale if you want bad quality, perhaps when 3d meshes are out it will be even easier.

Also if you want exactly y(1) can't you just place the tile 1 back? Pretty sure that would be the position you want.
I thought the same, but then the crenellations are on the ground just before the wall instead of on top of the wall. Gonna play around a bit more with it though, i think i'll find the answer.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KaosChrist
It's probably being removed by the "exclude unused files" option. I'll have to do some testing later to make sure they aren't excluded in future versions.
In the mean time you can manually replace the file into the deployed project. The images are in the img/MV3D folder.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, @Dread_Nyanak. First, thank you for your hard work!
I wanted to ask is there planning feature like creating boxes (like from tiles, with top, side textures) from events? It would be so cool to have it! Possibilities are endless *_*

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak oh, just remembered something that would be great for me if you added!
I didn't test yet, but I'm assuming that if I try to enter a passage with one tile of height while the player characters have a height of 1.5 they can't go through it, right? I was thinking of allowing the player character to crouch and crawl slowly... is there a way to change their collide height through plugin commands?

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak oh, just remembered something that would be great for me if you added!
I didn't test yet, but I'm assuming that if I try to enter a passage with one tile of height while the player characters have a height of 1.5 they can't go through it, right? I was thinking of allowing the player character to crouch and crawl slowly... is there a way to change their collide height through plugin commands?
If the image is small enough you can walk under stuff, I made a 0.5 fringe wall but a 384x256 4x2 character couldn't fit under, but a 252x112 4x2 could walk under it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I was playing with the test project again...
Is there any way to stop this from happening? (The seeing through wall) I've done it on my own maps, and I'm just curious... Thank you!
1582231818060.png

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
You'll have to make the map 1 tile larger, then you should see the back of the tile instead of it being see-through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kme