Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fizzly
This is a planned feature, planned for version 0.6.

@Waterguy
As @glaphen pointed out, the default collision height is based on the height of the image. So if you switch to an image with a shorter height it should work.
Events can change their setting by switching pages, but of course the player can't do this.Changing settings using a plugin command is something I've been thinking about.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi I use change tile size plugin to get biger tile map
will this plugin ever adjust with it because now it mess up the texture

and other question is
I use big hd sprite but when render with this 3d they look crisp
is that the option to change render to smooth
because the tile look smooth but character look crisp
thank you

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@pasunna ok, not sure if they are really compatible but you kinda can reproduce the effect easily... after all this plugin lets you select the area in the tileset file instead of just the 48x48 base tile.
and can you show this character problem? it seems like you are saying anti-aliasing isn't working, or you don't want it to work or something? did you try either turning it off on the parameters or changing the characters' scale there?

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@pasunna ok, not sure if they are really compatible but you kinda can reproduce the effect easily... after all this plugin lets you select the area in the tileset file instead of just the 48x48 base tile.
and can you show this character problem? it seems like you are saying anti-aliasing isn't working, or you don't want it to work or something? did you try either turning it off on the parameters or changing the characters' scale there?
In fact I already give up
The plugin use the tile from main folder and split it to render 3d
So I can just upscale the img but then in the editor is mess up to know where I put anything
By that change tile size plugin I can separate the upscale tile somewhere else
And other thing is I use mog abs and this plugin had their own sprite pose system that conflict with 3d render

oh but you are right about antialiasing but that not important any more T_T

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember suggesting to dread using textures from outside the tileset on some tiles. in this case it'd be textures in the mv3d folder, used by putting the name instead of A1, B etc.... maybe she'll add that in a version soon.
maybe if you change the plugin order the sprites will work better? I mean, I'm helping someone fix some compatibilities with chrono engine right now too and theirs seems to be working fine...

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember suggesting to dread using textures from outside the tileset on some tiles. in this case it'd be textures in the mv3d folder, used by putting the name instead of A1, B etc.... maybe she'll add that in a version soon.
maybe if you change the plugin order the sprites will work better? I mean, I'm helping someone fix some compatibilities with chrono engine right now too and theirs seems to be working fine...
I think it can compatible but I also edit mog plugin by myself
To use only one line sprite and flip it because I make something more like side scrolling so top down not necessary
And that will more complicate with many other thing I modify mog plugins
So if the tile still a problem I will wait and see before jump in to use this plugin
Not that my project will finish very soon anyway haha…

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
I've looked into this before together with @Waterguy, but I decided to start over from the start and... I downloaded a fresh demo, and simply moved the starting point next to the demon on top of the forest and made the screen tint darker so light sources should be easily seen.

The demon on top of the forest is supposed to show a light source as seen in the notes:

But it doesn't show:

And this seems to happen with every simple light source. It's a fresh demo, so i expect this to work, but it doesn't. On the other side, the flashlight in CoopNinjask's time/weather plugin does work, but me and Waterguy can't seem to even copy the code from there.

What's going on here? Is there an event blocking the light sources in the big island map or is it something else?

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've looked into this before together with @Waterguy, but I decided to start over from the start and... I downloaded a fresh demo, and simply moved the starting point next to the demon on top of the forest and made the screen tint darker so light sources should be easily seen.

The demon on top of the forest is supposed to show a light source as seen in the notes:

But it doesn't show:

And this seems to happen with every simple light source. It's a fresh demo, so i expect this to work, but it doesn't. On the other side, the flashlight in CoopNinjask's time/weather plugin does work, but me and Waterguy can't seem to even copy the code from there.

What's going on here? Is there an event blocking the light sources in the big island map or is it something else?
Hi @gRaViJa!

The flashlight system in my demo is made by Common Event with plugin commands, not via event note tags.
Take a look in the image to understand better.

Flashlight Command.png

I hope this help you! ^^

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Hi @gRaViJa!

The flashlight system in my demo is made by Common Event with plugin commands, not via event note tags.
Take a look in the image to understand better.

View attachment 135093

I hope this help you! ^^

I know :) But just like any other light related code/plugin command/notetag it doesn't work from the moment I put it in my project or a fresh demo. So i restarted from the beginning, just the fresh demo and even the default event that was put in the demo, the demo on top of the forrest, should have light event on it, the code was put in there by Dread_Nayak, but it doesn't work for me. Water_guy also looked in it for me and hasn't found a solution either why not a single light related event works for me, yet your flashlight event does.

But want to keep it to the basics and want to learn why the demon on fop of the forest is not showing the light event that it should show. As i said before, just a fresh demo project.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know :) But just like any other light related code/plugin command/notetag it doesn't work from the moment I put it in my project or a fresh demo. So i restarted from the beginning, just the fresh demo and even the default event that was put in the demo, the demo on top of the forrest, should have light event on it, the code was put in there by Dread_Nayak, but it doesn't work for me. Water_guy also looked in it for me and hasn't found a solution either why not a single light related event works for me, yet your flashlight event does.

But want to keep it to the basics and want to learn why the demon on fop of the forest is not showing the light event that it should show. As i said before, just a fresh demo project.
Really, if everything goes as you said, the problem is inexplicable!
The most impressive thing is, even so, keep working on my demo.
It must be a paranormal force! XD

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I have what may be a unique problem here. Right now I'm generating a roguelike level using some calls to rot.js, then displaying this through mv3d. The problem is mv3d isn't updating with the tile changes (to generate a rogulike you do a lot of $mapData changing, basically recreating the entire map that the script is called on). Now to be clear, it is updating some of the map, and I've tested from the console, and RMMV is convinced the tiles are there from a data pull, just they aren't being displayed. It's likely due to the nature of synchronous execution of .js files, meaning the level is likely getting rendered AS it is getting generated. Is there any way to refresh the display through mv3d? Are there any other possible solutions I haven't thought of? I've doubled checked the map data that is getting generated, and to top it off, I can move around the invisible map. I also double checked to be sure the minimap plugin in the bottom of this screen shot wasn't the cause. Seriously at a loss on this. I'm a fair amateur programmer but I think this problem may be a little beyond my depth.

1582613805571.png

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Charles_Odinforce
You need to clear the map cells so they can be regenerated.
To clear the whole map:
JavaScript:
mv3d.clearMapCells();
mv3d.updateMap();
To clear just one cell:
JavaScript:
mv3d.cells["0,0"].dispose();
delete mv3d.cells["0,0"];
mv3d.updateMap();

@gRaViJa
I'm not sure exactly what's wrong in your case, but there's only two things I can think of.

In the current version there's still a bug that prevents you from having too many lights. (for me the bug happens at 12 lights. Other people seem like they have other limits.) Since you said it's a fresh demo project I don't think this is the case.

Other than that, I can't tell from the screenshot if your configuration functions are surrounded by the <mv3d: > tag or not. Make sure they are.
<mv3d:flashlight(white,2,6,30)>

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to make a fence but no matter what I do the edges keep getting cut off, I tried shift clicking, tried using terrains, tried using A2 but it turns it into cross no matter what. Is it supposed to be doing this?
Fence.png
For that right side I just put only the top part next to it and it turned out like that.

Tried adding a different tile to the end but one part turned into cross for no reason?
Fence2.png

Tried a single block fence and it turns into a weird opposite cross?
Fence3.png

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@glaphen
Fences work best with autotiles, particularly A2 tiles. The autotile fences do have crosses in places to make the fence posts visible from different angles. The fence shape is intended to be used with tiles arranged like the rtp fences.

It does look like non-autotile fences are a bit inconsistent. The way they tile horizontally is different from how they tile vertically, which isn't intended.

Last edited:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@gRaViJa
I'm not sure exactly what's wrong in your case, but there's only two things I can think of.

In the current version there's still a bug that prevents you from having too many lights. (for me the bug happens at 12 lights. Other people seem like they have other limits.) Since you said it's a fresh demo project I don't think this is the case.

Other than that, I can't tell from the screenshot if your configuration functions are surrounded by the <mv3d: > tag or not. Make sure they are.
<mv3d:flashlight(white,2,6,30)>
Thanks for the reply :)

Only 1 light source on the map and this is the code for the tag (is the standard code in the demo project):
<mv3d:flashlight(white,2,6,30),dirfix(true)>

I'll keep looking into this from time to time to find out why it isn't working.

Edit: So, I get it to work by adding the plugin command mv3d ambient #222222. Is it supposed to work only with this ambient? Because it does mess with the normal tint screen of the map.

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply :)

Only 1 light source on the map and this is the code for the tag (is the standard code in the demo project):
<mv3d:flashlight(white,2,6,30),dirfix(true)>

I'll keep looking into this from time to time to find out why it isn't working.

Edit: So, I get it to work by adding the plugin command mv3d ambient #222222. Is it supposed to work only with this ambient? Because it does mess with the normal tint screen of the map.
Really, this is the ambient color that i use in my demo!
Because of this, it was working then...
That's curious!
What a strange bug!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen