RMMV
Wow! That's is a update! o_O

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
After updating, most of my events are not showing and other events are now showing up flat though they were sprites before. I also don't get why the guy behind the counter does show while an identical event 3 tiles beside him, doesn't show. Windows show, while doors don't and they are also identical. Shadow spots is where events should be.

Once I interact with the event, for example a chest, the graphic is restored for good. Same with the player: once i change the graphics, it stays ok forever.

(i'm using MOG's Chrono Engine with this btw, that might be the origin for these bugs. Not expecting a cookie cutter solution, but hopefully there's a way to fix this somehow through the parameters for example.)

Last edited:

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't tried the new version yet, but I just noticed the premium version is causing a ton of extra lag in battle, my fps is constantly jittering between 40~50 in battles with 16+ battlers and barely any states, turning it off it's gone.

Also seems based off the map before the battle, doesn't lag on small maps that start it but a big 182x169 with thousands of trees is where I get that lag. Also looks at render distance on same map with 25 distance I get no lag but with 60 is where that lag happens.

Last edited:

Gabezin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Is this plugin compatible with the Pixi Filter Controller plugin?
Another question, is it possible to use an ABS plugin with MV3D?

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't tried the new version yet, but I just noticed the premium version is causing a ton of extra lag in battle, my fps is constantly jittering between 40~50 in battles with 16+ battlers and barely any states, turning it off it's gone.

Also seems based off the map before the battle, doesn't lag on small maps that start it but a big 182x169 with thousands of trees is where I get that lag. Also looks at render distance on same map with 25 distance I get no lag but with 60 is where that lag happens.
I tested with multiple distances and 30 seems to be the sweet spot.
Bigger than 30 generates problems with the shadows (Premium) too.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gRaViJa
It was being caused by MOG_CharPoses. The characters weren't actually invisible, just very tiny. It should be fixed now. I'm calling updateBitmap before I calculate scale now to make sure all of the bitmap properties are set up properly.
I'm not sure why some of your events are flat though, I haven't seen anything like that on my end.

@glaphen
It sounds like the source of the lag is the shadow generator. It's more laggy with higher render distances. I definitely need to do some optimization so it isn't causing lag when it's not being used though.

@Gabezin
I don't know if the pixi filter plugin is compatible or not. The only way to know for sure is to try it out.
ABS plugins will work with mv3d. It depends on the plugin though, of course.

Update 0.5.1:
fix tiny/invisible characters with MOG_CharPoses.
added plugin command to change camera roll

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested with multiple distances and 30 seems to be the sweet spot.
Bigger than 30 generates problems with the shadows (Premium) too.
Ehh it was opposite for me, large mountains with large shadows from low sun would cut the shadows that were from out of render range in weird ways.

Last edited:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@gRaViJa
It was being caused by MOG_CharPoses. The characters weren't actually invisible, just very tiny. It should be fixed now. I'm calling updateBitmap before I calculate scale now to make sure all of the bitmap properties are set up properly.
I'm not sure why some of your events are flat though, I haven't seen anything like that on my end.

Update 0.5.1:
fix tiny/invisible characters with MOG_CharPoses.
added plugin command to change camera roll
Thanks! That should fix it. The flat events are weird, but i'll see if i can find a way to fix it.

Also, this is probably intended behavior, but in the previous version, the lights were "full power" from the start. Now they are dim first and slowly increase in strength. Probably can edit that through notetags?

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ClipBoard-1.png
About the latest UPDATE: fix invisible characters bug with chrono engine ...

CHRONO ABS's tricks have all turned into black and black ...

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, I would like to thank you for the great job.
The new features are amazing and the bug with SumRndmDde Question Windows is gone.
So thank you very much!

But there is something I need to show:
Here comes the new bugs! (Imagine Street Fighter's narrator voice here XD)

1) The character sprites bugs has back!
The blink problem is here again and it shows some strange white squares sometimes.
Besides that, there seems to be a new bug due to the way that MV3D reads character sprites in version 0.5.1. Sometimes a miniature version of the entire sprite file appears, it is very strange.
There is also a glitch that reads the wrong sprite index at certain times. In the video I recorded, this happens when the character reloads the weapon in the last frame of the animation.
I activated version 0.4.8 on the same project to see how it would work and that was perfect.

2) This is not exclusive to version 0.5.1, as in previous ones it also happened.
The greater the rendering distance, the more noticeable bugs involving dynamic shadows become.
If the tone of the screen is normal, it does not happen, but if there is a change in the tone of the screen, it becomes quite noticeable.
For example: In my system, when it is in the afternoon or at night, you can see, very clearly, black stripes on the floor caused by the shadow.
While an obvious workaround is to lock the render distance at 30 and prevent the player from changing that, I believe that was not the original intention.

3) The lamp has disappeared!
And the flashlight no longer illuminates the looped map points.
In MV3D 0.5.1, the flashlight is simply cut off when it is at a looping point on the map.
Sorry for not include that in the video, but i think you can imagine or test it by yourself.

I uploaded a video demonstrating the mentioned bugs.

Last edited:

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
1) The character sprites bugs has back!
The blink problem is here again and it shows some strange white squares sometimes.
Besides that, there seems to be a new bug due to the way that MV3D reads character sprites in version 0.5.1. Sometimes a miniature version of the entire sprite file appears, it is very strange.
There is also a glitch that reads the wrong sprite index at certain times. In the video I recorded, this happens when the character reloads the weapon in the last frame of the animation.
I activated version 0.4.8 on the same project to see how it would work and that was perfect.
Yep 0.4.8 characters sprites and qsprite is working , but 0.5 and up we have a few issues with sprite animations, and frame pulling wrong.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Yep 0.4.8 characters sprites and qsprite is working , but 0.5 and up we have a few issues with sprite animations, and frame pulling wrong.
Same here!

(5.1 fixed the issue with MOG Character Poses for me and adding a sprite notetag fixes the flat sprites too).

However, Everytime I playtest, at least a couple characters are showing tinier/flat. It's always a couple other events. And sometimes the player is invisible too, but only in like 10% of the playtests.

I do have to say this only happens on the first map the player is on. So in the final game, tis won't be an issue because I have some setup maps with configs etc. before the real first map.

Last edited:

Kraden96

Friendly Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When using Yanfly's "Event Chase Player" plugin, when the event starts chasing the player, the frame rate drops to 10-20 frames a second. It might be an incompatibility. I fairly certain this is new to the newest Update.

The Plugin Link:

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
0.5.1.1 great fix for MOG ABS !
Thank you.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@CoopNinjask and @gRaViJa

how it was before

how it is now
I had problems with qpsrite and now dread_nyak made it so I could use it properly again.

this code is normally from YoraeRasante , but edited to work with newer versions, try it.

Attachments

Last edited:

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When using Yanfly's "Event Chase Player" plugin, when the event starts chasing the player, the frame rate drops to 10-20 frames a second. It might be an incompatibility. I fairly certain this is new to the newest Update.

The Plugin Link:
It's not new, pretty sure its been doing it since .4 when the movement system changed, for some reason anything that tries to get destination involving player does it, not sure if event finding event lags and it definitely doesn't when finding direction to its start location, but you can see if you use mouse to move diagonally at long distances it lags as well, new update probably made it worse with new movement compatibility. I editted my event chase player to turn on through while chasing, even if it goes through walls, ect, it doesn't lag at all.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@CoopNinjask and @gRaViJa

how it was before

how it is now
I had problems with qpsrite and now dread_nyak made it so I could use it properly again.

this code is normally from YoraeRasante , but edited to work with newer versions, try it.
Cool, but i don't use Qsprite. The problem I have is with with MOG Chrono Engine, when the player uses the sword, not all frames look perfect. But i have to look more into it before i report the bug.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cool, but i don't use Qsprite. The problem I have is with with MOG Chrono Engine, when the player uses the sword, not all frames look perfect. But i have to look more into it before i report the bug.
i don't use Qsprite. The problem I have is with with MOG Chrono Engine too ~
when the player uses the sword still have little problem.

CattleDog

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When using the mv3d-regions in the map note, It seems that when using a slope of less than 1, the top does not render correctly. Side seems ok. Tileset config notes appear to still work correctly with slope.

<mv3d-regions>
203:slope(.5)
</mv3d-regions>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sand is basically small rocks
Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!
YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aiueo700