Infinity Door Studio's Lead Designer
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got this error using 0.5.1:
1583418150950.png

In 0.4.8 Version works normal. It's when I use the "Move To" command in YEP_MoveRoute for player movement. When using event movement, the command works normally.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got this error using 0.5.1:
View attachment 136004

In 0.4.8 Version works normal. It's when I use the "Move To" command in YEP_MoveRoute for player movement. When using event movement, the command works normally.
Your yep plugin is outdated.
"Object.Yanfly.Util.displayError", see it there?
That message is one from older versions of them. From way back actually.
It is when one of the script calls, plugin commands, lunatic code etc. of a yep plugin would give an error in the console, after an mv update the "error writer" had to be updated too.
But while it doesn't tell us what the problem is, it does tell that the cause very likely is something with move core you are doing wrong, not from mv3d...
It could still be, don't get me wrong, but... hard to tell without an updated move route core

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask and @gRaViJa

how it was before

how it is now
I had problems with qpsrite and now dread_nyak made it so I could use it properly again.

this code is normally from YoraeRasante , but edited to work with newer versions, try it.

The problems that i showed in the vídeo are using just normal sprites from RPG Maker.
I don't use Qsprite or any plugin that modifies how the sprites are handled.
Maybe she has fixed by a side and made new bugs appears by another side.
This is very common to happen, with me mainly.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just started using this plugin last night, I've seen it around but honestly didn't have the mental capacity to even look into setting this monster up but took the dive and I'm glad I did! At this point it felt VERY plug and play, I didnt have to change much to get things going and can definitely see me using it permanently as it answers alot of my visual challenges with relative ease!

It plays very well with bliz' ultra mode 7 and between the two plugins (and Babylon ofcourse) you should be PROUD to know your work is pushing rpg maker out of the SNES era and into the PS1 golden age where 2d and 3d began its marriage such as star ocean or breath of fire! Hell if done right this could make games comparable to octopath traveler and minecraft.

Excellent, excellent work, you will be the first patron I've ever supported/crowfunded

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 0.5.1.4:
- fixed bug where character graphic briefly becomes entire sprite sheet when switching to an image that hasn't been loaded before. (needed to make sure the bitmap was ready before applying the frame data).
- fixed problem where scale didn't update properly sometimes when changing images.
- fixed bug where the top of autotile slopes with non-1 height weren't constructed properly.
- improved face culling with slopes, and fixed some unusual culling at map edges.

ChronoEngine still has some issues. Some of the animations don't seem to crop properly in the demo project I have, and I've noticed that occasionally some events will be invisible when I load the game for some reason. I'll have to do some more in-depth testing at some point.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Update 0.5.1.4:
- fixed bug where character graphic briefly becomes entire sprite sheet when switching to an image that hasn't been loaded before. (needed to make sure the bitmap was ready before applying the frame data).
- fixed problem where scale didn't update properly sometimes when changing images.
- fixed bug where the top of autotile slopes with non-1 height weren't constructed properly.
- improved face culling with slopes, and fixed some unusual culling at map edges.

ChronoEngine still has some issues. Some of the animations don't seem to crop properly in the demo project I have, and I've noticed that occasionally some events will be invisible when I load the game for some reason. I'll have to do some more in-depth testing at some point.

Thank you very much for your efforts on ChronoEngine compatibility.
Because the author of ChronoEngine no longer works. I can't expect anything from her.
Only you now ... Come on!

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 0.5.1.4:

Same here with ChronoEngine :) I also noticed in the battle system, the sprite of a dead enemy sometimes shows the entire spriteset instead of a frame. Also, not yet sure if this is purely a MV3D/ChronoEngine thing, but since v0.5 it seems like enemies don't drop items anymore after defeat. Will check more myself too to get to the exact issue!

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gRaViJa
The dead enemies with the whole sprite sheet are the item drops. item drops have never worked properly with mv3d. They're displayed in a special way and use icons instead of character sprites. The item drops used to cause the game to crash actually, and right now they cause mv3d to request an asset that isn't used / doesn't exist.
To get Chrono Engine working completely will require an explicit compatibility patch to be made. This isn't my priority at the moment, but since so many people here use Chrono Engine I'll have to make sure I get that done eventually.

@seaotter
I'm not seeing any significant fps drops in recent updates, but then again I might just have a better computer than you.
The commit in question doesn't change anything that would affect fps though, so I'm not sure what would be causing your low fps.

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this is only a possible future addition and I don't want to stress you with any extra pressure, but would 3D models imported be able to play animations? I don't know the specific limitations of Babylon.js.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Karbonic
Babylon does support skeletal animations, so it should be possible. Animations are definitely something I want to include when I add 3D model importing.
I'm not sure about the implementation details though. I have a lot of research to do.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hi guys!
I made a beta test and i bringing the 0.5.1.4 version bugs.
Here goes:

1) Weird shadow's white square (0:10 in the video): When you do a transfer map, a weird white square appears in place of the shadow's file. The problem doesn't happen if you stay in the same map.

2) Character sprites bugs still happening (0:30 in the video):
a) When you make a sprite change, it reads the wrong sprite index for 1 frame, what seems weird in the animation.
Example: Gun reload animation in my video, in which the index of the other weapon is being read, instead of the current weapon.
b) The blink bug still happening in some ocasions. I realize that this has been corrected on a few occasions, but not completely.
c) The entire sprite sheet bug is not completely fixed. I managed to do it happens only once, but i can't perform it again because i don't get how i managed to do this; because of this, i don't included that in the video, sorry. On the other hand, this has been corrected in most cases.

3) The flashlight is cut off when directed at a looping point on the map (1:23 in the video):
I included that in the video this time, so watch it and you will understand better.

These are the bugs i found in this version. I hope it helps with the bug fixes work.
Thanks for all the efforts to make it bug free.
A big hug! :cutesmile:

rearda22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sir, i have an issue with the lamp function. Are we need to set event in wall mode?

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask
The bug where it flashes the wrong index for one frame, I hadn't noticed that because so far I'd been testing changing the name and index individually. I hadn't tried changing them together. Thanks for pointing that out.

@rearda22
In the latest version it turned out there was a bug preventing event lights setup in the note from working. Try downloading this new version. If you still have trouble, let me know.
Also please don't call me sir.

Update 0.5.1.5:
Lights across looping edge should work now
Fixed bug where event position wasn't being updated properly across loop (because they were out of render distance)
Prevent shadow material from being disposed
Fix bug preventing note tag event lights from working
Fix wrong index for 1 frame when changing name and index at same time

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask
The bug where it flashes the wrong index for one frame, I hadn't noticed that because so far I'd been testing changing the name and index individually. I hadn't tried changing them together. Thanks for pointing that out.

@rearda22
In the latest version it turned out there was a bug preventing event lights setup in the note from working. Try downloading this new version. If you still have trouble, let me know.
Also please don't call me sir.

Update 0.5.1.5:
Lights across looping edge should work now
Fixed bug where event position wasn't being updated properly across loop (because they were out of render distance)
Prevent shadow material from being disposed
Fix bug preventing note tag event lights from working
Fix wrong index for 1 frame when changing name and index at same time

Thanks for the fixes!

This surprised me:
"Fixed bug where event position wasn't being updated properly across loop (because they were out of render distance)"

I tought that was intended.
This fix will help a lot, mainly in the ABS i'm developing.

I'll do a beta test and give feedback soon. ^^

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!, i have seen all the updates and the work with q movement, its awesome what its posible now with the plugin, thanks a lot for all that hard work! i still have to carefully look if i found compatibility bugs yet, but until now, everything seems working just fine!

i have been playing some retro games to make an analysis on the way they work around limits, and i noticed something usefull on final fantasy X - and X-2

they do use 3d models in a lot of things, but they also use pictures to fake 3d, the way it works its thanks to how they use the camera

right now the camera can follow AND move together with the player on the 3dMV plugin, or you can block the y movement or the x movement via script, but i think i found a usefull camera movement i believe is still not posible on the plugin yet? correct me if im wrong...

the idea would be to fix the camera in a exact point of the map via map notetags, but from that point the camera could follow the player when it moves, that would make posible to use images to fake complex 3d figures on the map without loosing the 3d ilusion and without having to make the game use too many 3d models, a mix between pictures and 3d models working together , theres an example of what im talking about on 28:45 on this video
im not sure if you can notice it, but the bar on the first floor and the room on the second floor are full plain images faking complex 3d structures, and they do mix that with a few 3d models... eye cant even notice it, thanks to the way the camera works in those two rooms, the camera dont move with the player,its fix on a static point but it does follow the player ( kinda like when you stand on a point of a map and with your eyes you follow something moving)

do you think it could be a good idea ^^? , not sure if i sound kinda silly

Last edited:

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!, i have seen all the updates and the work with q movement, its awesome what its posible now with the plugin, thanks a lot for all that hard work! i still have to carefully look if i found compatibility bugs yet, but until now, everything seems working just fine!

i have been playing some retro games to make an analysis on the way they work around limits, and i noticed something usefull on final fantasy X - and X-2

they do use 3d models in a lot of things, but they also use pictures to fake 3d, the way it works its thanks to how they use the camera

right now the camera can follow AND move together with the player on the 3dMV plugin, or you can block the y movement or the x movement via script, but i think i found a usefull camera movement i believe is still not posible on the plugin yet? correct me if im wrong...

the idea would be to fix the camera in a exact point of the map via map notetags, but from that point the camera could follow the player when it moves, that would make posible to use images to fake complex 3d figures on the map without loosing the 3d ilusion and without having to make the game use too many 3d models, a mix between pictures and 3d models working together , theres an example of what im talking about on 28:45 on this video
im not sure if you can notice it, but the bar on the first floor and the room on the second floor are full plain images faking complex 3d structures, and they do mix that with a few 3d models... eye cant even notice it, thanks to the way the camera works in those two rooms, the camera dont move with the player,its fix on a static point but it does follow the player ( kinda like when you stand on a point of a map and with your eyes you follow something moving)

do you think it could be a good idea ^^? , not sure if i sound kinda silly

For the camera you can use the camera plugin command on a blank event and just move the event/camera as you want.

mv3d camera target @t <t>

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the camera you can use the camera plugin command on a blank event and just move the event/camera as you want.

mv3d camera target @t <t>

oh i know the camera target thing....i would kinda... mimmic that yeah?, making the camera target the event #x ,make a parallel proces stores the player x y and z positions ....and make conditions so the camera rotate taking on mind the character x y and z position, , i guess it should involve somekind of scripting nope? ... its kinda really complicated, not quite user friendly to be honest , do you have an idea how the script part should be write in that case? so the camera rotate following the player from that event position without moving the event ?

oh and i do know the plugins comand to rotate the camera, i mean the whole process thing ... like i said is not that straightforward , it need to be done with conditional branches and a parallel process alltogether, and even knowing kinda how should it be, i still cant figure exactly the way to make it work, still think if it were a direct camera tag option would save a lot of time and be a lot more user friendly o.o

Last edited:

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh i know the camera target thing....i would kinda... mimmic that yeah?, making the camera target the event #x ,make a parallel proces stores the player x y and z positions ....and make conditions so the camera rotate taking on mind the character x y and z position, , i guess it should involve somekind of scripting nope? ... its kinda really complicated, not quite user friendly to be honest , do you have an idea how the script part should be write in that case? so the camera rotate following the player from that event position without moving the event ?

oh and i do know the plugins comand to rotate the camera, i mean the whole process thing ... like i said is not that straightforward , it need to be done with conditional branches and a parallel process alltogether, and even knowing kinda how should it be, i still cant figure exactly the way to make it work, still think if it were a direct camera tag option would save a lot of time and be a lot more user friendly o.o

Yeah you would need to check the players x y or z and if $gamePlayer.x = x do then do what you want the camera to do with the plugin commands, or move event for every map. I don't really see how you could automate it really, pretty sure that game isn't completely automated, it would need to check the location depending on the map to tell the camera what to do.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.
I'm sure the latest post/thread in the sidebar used to have 5 posts. Was it always been like this?

Made it to the 10th video doing this! :kaocry:

renderTimingPixel.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AttilaHU1990