rearda22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask
The bug where it flashes the wrong index for one frame, I hadn't noticed that because so far I'd been testing changing the name and index individually. I hadn't tried changing them together. Thanks for pointing that out.

@rearda22
In the latest version it turned out there was a bug preventing event lights setup in the note from working. Try downloading this new version. If you still have trouble, let me know.
Also please don't call me sir.

Update 0.5.1.5:
Lights across looping edge should work now
Fixed bug where event position wasn't being updated properly across loop (because they were out of render distance)
Prevent shadow material from being disposed
Fix bug preventing note tag event lights from working
Fix wrong index for 1 frame when changing name and index at same time
Thanks sir, now the lamp function is work like a charm. But it seems i still can't use the flashlight function for event.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Dread_Nyanak
It's almost perfect. You fixed most bugs, but there are still a few left.
Here goes:

1) Character Sprites bugs have not been fixed completely:
While it was fixed almost completely, there is a specific situation in which it keeps happening.
There must be some specific exception in the code where the fixes you made did not apply.
a) Entire sprite sheet for 1 frame problem is still happening (00:03, 00:14 and 00:17 in the video): I rarely manage to do this bug happens, but sometimes i did. This is more likely to happen as soon as the game loads.
b) Wrong sprite index for 1 frame (00:08 in the video): I managed to do this happens in the same conditions that the bug above, rarely.

2) Strange behavior in parallaxes using DhoomParallaxUtils (00:30 in the video):
At certain coordinates on the map, the parallaxes seems to reset their position or reload the file, causing a weird parallax effect.
I tested it in previous versions and it doesn't happen in version 0.4.8 and earlier.
This bug started to happen from version 0.5 onwards, but I only discovered this bug now.
This doesn't happen with normal parallaxes, but I need to use DhoomParallaxUtils to make smooth transitions between the day phases in the Environment System.
I included the tests with versions 0.4.8 and 0.5.1 in the video for comparison, besides of 0.5.1.5.

I think this time, you will manage to make it totally bug free.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if the first two only happen right when the map is loaded, maybe adding a couple frames without any image so they can load would be enough of a fix? as long as the player wouldn't be able to tell...

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if the first two only happen right when the map is loaded, maybe adding a couple frames without any image so they can load would be enough of a fix? as long as the player wouldn't be able to tell...

You get this wrong.
The bug occurs the first time the sprite file is loaded, apparently.
But I don't know the code, this is just a deduction from me.
Only Dread can better understand the problem.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tried newest version, if anything compared to 4.6 the map load times are way lower than before and didn't have any new lag, but I did find a bug, if you use animations on events with no image the animation plays at the top left 0,0 corner of the map instead of the event, didn't happen in 4.6. Still haven't tried the movement plugins.

Tried movement plugins, both too laggy for me with a bunch of events in view and both make the map load times even worse than before in 4.6.

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@k333
You're right that there's no easy way to make that camera style in the current version.
You'd need to calculate the angle between the camera and the player. Calculating the yaw would be pretty easy since you can just treat it as a 2D angle, but the pitch would be more complicated. There's probably some functions in Babylon that can help with this. I should figure it out and add it as a feature some time.

@rearda22
Flashlight seems to be working fine on my end. What does your note look like? It should be something like this.
<mv3d:flashlight(white,2,3,60)>

@glaphen
Thanks for the bug. It will be fixed in 0.5.2 because I'm also making some other changes to animations in that version.

rearda22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@k333
You're right that there's no easy way to make that camera style in the current version.
You'd need to calculate the angle between the camera and the player. Calculating the yaw would be pretty easy since you can just treat it as a 2D angle, but the pitch would be more complicated. There's probably some functions in Babylon that can help with this. I should figure it out and add it as a feature some time.

@rearda22
Flashlight seems to be working fine on my end. What does your note look like? It should be something like this.
<mv3d:flashlight(white,2,3,60)>

@glaphen
Thanks for the bug. It will be fixed in 0.5.2 because I'm also making some other changes to animations in that version.
Oh yes sir it can. Sorry for bother. I just not understand where the direction of the flash light. And i want to ask you about the lamp height and flash light height function. Is seems i can't create a lamp and flash light in higher position. If i do that, the lighting will disappear.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@rearda22
What height are you trying to set it to? The light only has a certain range so if you set it too high it won't reach the ground. Especially the flashlight, which has a limited angle.
You could try increasing the flashlight and lamp's range (second number) or the flashlight's angle (last number).

I've been thinking about the dynamic shadows. I think I've figured out the problem with both of these posts. Faces only cast a shadow if they're facing the light source.

Works great (mostly) so far - got rid of the holes, but now the shadows are a bit off in other structures! Still, thank you for the reply. It's nice to see some of the issue resolved View attachment 134703:)

In this case I think the problem is edge culling. If the meshes aren't being rendered at the edge of the map then they won't cast shadows. In an older version culling at the edges of maps was a bit buggy, causing faces to get culled even when edge(false) isn't set. I hope it's better now.

Ehh it was opposite for me, large mountains with large shadows from low sun would cut the shadows that were from out of render range in weird ways.

Because the light is at such a sharp angle, the shadows have to travel a long distance to reach the ground. And because the wall on the player's side of the mountain is facing away from the light source, it won't cast shadows. The shadows in this case are being cast by the top of the mountain, so with a sharp light angle and low render distance the far end of the mountain is too far away to complete the shadow.

There is an option in Babylon to make the backfaces cast shadows, but in that mode the front faces don't make shadows and that causes its own set of issues.
mv3d.shadowGenerator.forceBackFacesOnly=true;
Potentially I could have an option to turn off backface culling for tiles. That might help mitigate shadowing problems, but would make it so you can't see through the tiles when the camera clips into the ground. I should add some sort of camera collision system some time though.

Last edited:

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I updated to the latest version from the 0.4.8 version I was using to see if the recent fixes to sprites and such would allow Irina's DragonBones Sprites plugin to work with MV3D (it doesn't, in case anyone was curious... because I was curious :p) and I came across a change that I'm not sure is a bug, but is definitely a noticeable difference.
Where the light limitation was concerned before, I found that by using the Glow function I could still achieve the illusion of brightly lit objects. Whatever sprite I applied the glow setting to would appear to be lit, and I was using FallenAngelOlivia's Bright Effects plugins to get a glowing hue around the object with Bloom settings. I designed a whole cave system with bioluminescent flowers and algae, and it worked quite well. However, with 0.5.1.5, the glow doesn't seem to have quite the same effect (in fact, while it certainly has a visible effect, it's not very visible and the difference between a glowing sprite and one that isn't glowing is minute.) Below are example of the flowers and algae set to glow(0.75) in 0.4.8, and the same flora with the same glow setting in 0.5.1.5.

Update1.png
Update1-4.png
Update2.png
Update2-4.png

As you can see, the glow doesn't really 'pop' anymore. I'm not sure if the old version was in fact the bug and I just took advantage of it, but if anyone can help me work around the new darker glow I'd appreciate the help. I can just make the flowers mini lamps to get the same glow effect as the before pictures, but I'm not quite sure how to make the algae and waterfalls pop like before without having too many light sources, and taking away the gloomy darkness of the cave. Any help is appreciated ^^;

Kraden96

Friendly Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Event Chase Player Plugin from Yanfly drops the framerate to 10-20 when chasing. Is there any way to fix this? Need it for on-map encounters!

Gabezin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
It's possible to create a firefly effect? Like those from magical forests, present in games like Zelda.

I know there are particle effects plugins, but they are made to work in 2D, so the effects always follow the character where he goes, and in a 3D environment, it is not realistic. Including the RPG Maker's own rain and snow effects.

Is there a way to make these effects look like in 3D games?

kurokami

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I updated to the latest version from the 0.4.8 version I was using to see if the recent fixes to sprites and such would allow Irina's DragonBones Sprites plugin to work with MV3D (it doesn't, in case anyone was curious... because I was curious :p) and I came across a change that I'm not sure is a bug, but is definitely a noticeable difference.
Where the light limitation was concerned before, I found that by using the Glow function I could still achieve the illusion of brightly lit objects. Whatever sprite I applied the glow setting to would appear to be lit, and I was using FallenAngelOlivia's Bright Effects plugins to get a glowing hue around the object with Bloom settings. I designed a whole cave system with bioluminescent flowers and algae, and it worked quite well. However, with 0.5.1.5, the glow doesn't seem to have quite the same effect (in fact, while it certainly has a visible effect, it's not very visible and the difference between a glowing sprite and one that isn't glowing is minute.) Below are example of the flowers and algae set to glow(0.75) in 0.4.8, and the same flora with the same glow setting in 0.5.1.5.

View attachment 136506
View attachment 136510
View attachment 136508
View attachment 136509

As you can see, the glow doesn't really 'pop' anymore. I'm not sure if the old version was in fact the bug and I just took advantage of it, but if anyone can help me work around the new darker glow I'd appreciate the help. I can just make the flowers mini lamps to get the same glow effect as the before pictures, but I'm not quite sure how to make the algae and waterfalls pop like before without having too many light sources, and taking away the gloomy darkness of the cave. Any help is appreciated ^^;
this problem is happening to me too, in fact, it seems like the glow "glow(N)" doesn't even affect the event? it worked fine before the update, and i hope this is fixed soon as well......

edit: i don't use any plugins that should affect the glow, nor ones mentioned in this, if it helps!

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hate to keep piling onto the thread, but I just wanted to see if anyone else using Yanfly's Movement Core plugin is having issues with the current build? In 0.4.8, the "Move to: x, y" Script Call function for movement routes worked fine, but after I updated to 0.5.1.5, the function crashes my game if used on the player. It still works on event npc's, they'll go where directed, but using the function on the player will make the game crash. I tried turning off all of the new diagonal movement settings as well to see if that helped, but alas no mater what I try the game crashes.

MoveCoreErr1.png
MoveCoreErr2.png

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm back after a looong time. I don't remember if this has been solved or not. But here's a problem: Ceiling disappears if I set wall height larger than 2.

EDIT: Nvm. It was doing this: ceiling(A5,3,2,4) Instead of this: ceiling(A5,3,2|4)

Btw, is there a way I can set pitch to be within a range? (Not allowing player to go to certain angles)

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SefirosuKuraodo
Those glowing objects are tiles right? This isn't a bug specific to 0.5, but there was a problem with how I was caching materials with a glow effect. When generating keys for materials with glow and materials with alpha, there was overlap in the bits used. I think that's probably what's happening.
I have the bug fixed in 0.5.2, which is coming out soon.

For the crash, I just tried it out. Seems like a classic load order problem. I change the processMoveCommand of Game_Player, then Yanfly changes processMoveCommand of Game_Character. So yanfly's code never gets run for the player.
Move it above MV3D and it works fine.

Your game looks stunning by the way.

@Gabezin
Babylon does support particle systems, though currently they aren't implemented in MV3D.
If you're ambitious, you can try to implement it yourself.

@Hyouryuu-Na
Changing the wall height doesn't affect the ceiling.
Currently the only way to change pitch range is to use script, though it might be a good idea if I made this configurable.
For now, you can change this values. min is 0 and max is 180 by default.
Note that changes in these values are not saved.
mv3d.blendCameraPitch.min
mv3d.blendCameraPitch.max

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak Thanks! That works like a charm ^^
Btw I realize the player can move at any angle now!? That's awesome!

Edit: Any way to prevent this?:
1584027162463.png

Last edited:

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Those glowing objects are tiles right? This isn't a bug specific to 0.5, but there was a problem with how I was caching materials with a glow effect. When generating keys for materials with glow and materials with alpha, there was overlap in the bits used. I think that's probably what's happening.

I should have specified, the waterfalls, the upright blue flowers, the smaller flat flowers, and the green flecks/colonies of algae are all events. Really, only the dirt ground and paths, the water itself, and the grass are tiles at the moment. I don't know if this makes a difference in relation to this bug or not.

Your game looks stunning by the way.

Also, thank you! ^^

Gabezin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Gabezin
Babylon does support particle systems, though currently they aren't implemented in MV3D.
If you're ambitious, you can try to implement it yourself.
I would try, but I have no programming knowledge...

Is there any chance of including these effects, even in the premium version?

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV

There are many things I think about how to do rain. But it seems that the aforementioned explanation is explained as well as particles that are difficult to adapt to the situation as well. For example, rain, particles or increased smoke It's difficult to adjust With all the code itself. Hahaha. But it will be easier if he integrates it into a separate or main plugin.
But yes, now I think that only raining is enough for me.

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV

idk if it sounds...usefull, but you kinda can create big characters with the raindrops/leaves things falling/moving kinda animated, you could make multiple events animated at the same time, and to save memory, you could made a conditional branch checking at the player position to disable and enable the ones behind the character or the ones too far away to the character, so you could just animated kinda 5 - 8 events at the same time so fps dont go down too hard, that would made the rain kinda look 3d ish ... is kinda like the thing this guy does in this video to made fallen leaves

but kinda bigger, if you know what i mean

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Psychronics Games is doing a livestream about my game in a bit... And I will do a video about his game after that.
Watch their stream with us on youtube!
I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nate_CH