seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I tried to see if I could change it in new plugin and this seems to work.
Code:
mv3d.enumRenderGroups = {
                BACK: 0,
            MAIN: 0,
            FRONT: 0
        };
Just put it inside the fog plugin, below it, like.
Code:
mv3d.createFog = function () {

var fountain = BABYLON.Mesh.CreateBox("foutain", .01, mv3d.scene);
    fountain.visibility = 0;
    fountain.x = $gamePlayer.x;
    fountain.y = $gamePlayer.y;
    fountain.z = $gamePlayer.z;

var particleSystem = new BABYLON.GPUParticleSystem("particles", { capacity: 50000 }, mv3d.scene);
    particleSystem.manualEmitCount = particleSystem.activeParticleCount;
    particleSystem.minEmitBox = new BABYLON.Vector3(-50, 0, -50); // Starting all from
    particleSystem.maxEmitBox = new BABYLON.Vector3(50, 1, 50); // To..

particleSystem.particleTexture = new BABYLON.Texture("/img/MV3D/Fog.png", mv3d.scene);
    particleSystem.emitter = fountain;

particleSystem.color1 = new BABYLON.Color4(0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 0.1);
    particleSystem.color2 = new BABYLON.Color4(.95, .95, .95, 0.15);
    particleSystem.colorDead = new BABYLON.Color4(0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.1);
    particleSystem.minSize = 3.5;
    particleSystem.maxSize = 5.0;
    particleSystem.minLifeTime = Number.MAX_SAFE_INTEGER;
    particleSystem.emitRate = 50000;
    particleSystem.blendMode = BABYLON.ParticleSystem.BLENDMODE_STANDARD;
    particleSystem.gravity = new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 0, 0);
    particleSystem.direction1 = new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 0, 0);
    particleSystem.direction2 = new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 0, 0);
    particleSystem.minAngularSpeed = -2;
    particleSystem.maxAngularSpeed = 2;
    particleSystem.minEmitPower = .5;
    particleSystem.maxEmitPower = 1;
    particleSystem.updateSpeed = 0.005;

particleSystem.start();

mv3d.fog = fountain;
    mv3d.fogParticle = particleSystem;
};

mv3d.enumRenderGroups = {
                BACK: 0,
            MAIN: 0,
            FRONT: 0
        };
perfect ! right work at 0.5.2 now !

Cormorant42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a error!

I'm using SumRndmDde Window Upgrade to gererate Question Windows that works as a menu.
But, in first person maps, the MV3D controls overwrites the Question Window controls, so i can't input arrow keys to left or right to select the menu options.
There is a way to, when the Question Windows are active, the controls of Question Windows get priority over the MV3D one?
Obs: In not first person maps, there is no compatibility problems. I put a cameraLock = true plugin command to prevent camera to rotate, but it was happening too. These menus appear in GameMap scenes.

Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance!

Honestly the easiest solution from a game development standpoint would be to disable the built in camera controls and write your own in a common event. Basic javascript keypress check, when activated shifting the pitch or yaw +/- 3 in 0.02s (that's what I've done, provides a nice smooth camera control system) through the mv3d camera plugin command. If you're using SumRndmDde's plugin evals, that provides another level of customization (players can select camera sensitivity from the options menu, invert camera controls, etc).

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly the easiest solution from a game development standpoint would be to disable the built in camera controls and write your own in a common event. Basic javascript keypress check, when activated shifting the pitch or yaw +/- 3 in 0.02s (that's what I've done, provides a nice smooth camera control system) through the mv3d camera plugin command. If you're using SumRndmDde's plugin evals, that provides another level of customization (players can select camera sensitivity from the options menu, invert camera controls, etc).
Dread already has fixed this issue, but thanks for your intention to help. ^^

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's the best thing Where I can build a room with an empty back tile without using a second wall

@palatkorn
I'm planning on allowing different textures for north, south, east, and west in version 0.6.

For those with the bush tiles showing on top of the fog effect, it's because those tiles have alpha(1). Remove that from the tileset configuration and it should look correct. Meshes with alpha blending are sorted in a special way, which can be buggy in some cases.

@ZAKERY
For the fences, use terrain tag 2. For trees, terrain tag 1. You can configure the terrain tags in the plugin parameters.

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have an idea!, just random idea but thought it would be nice... i know the models thing would be a bit later in the development, but had a really good idea to take on mind when doing it, what about thin walls?... i explain myself a bit better... well, what about, if theres a wall tile, yeah?, if you apply shadow over that tile ( kinda like the way the stairs direction are chose with the shadow pen) if you paint over a wall tile, it let you decide a shape for that wall, that way when people are drawing closed rooms, the walls would not be too thick and people who use the default graphics dont neet to resize everything to get the same resoult o.o!, would that be a good idea?

Ilustración2.jpg

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@k333 would have been a good idea, if not for two reasons...

1- if Dread didn't already have a better way to use the shadow pen.

Because you see, she already uses them for setting the direction of the slopes...
and, since there are plans to set the sides of the tiles separately, they are probably be used to set which direction they are facing too (I expect the default will be the pen set either the north or south side, whichever the part of the slope they already do).

and
2-
...that's just splitting one tile into four. Wouldn't it be better to just... zoom out and use four tiles for each base one?
Like, the wall would look thinner if instead of one line of one with height of two it was one line of one with height of four and everything else scaled to 200% or something.
It's not like it would make any different but visually if you are not using pixel movement like altimit or qmovement, it would just look weirder that you have a half tile thick wall but has an invisible barrier on the other half.

@seaotter I think he just put a "wood" block on top of the desk, and put the screen on the front of it with an event.

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2-
...that's just splitting one tile into four. Wouldn't it be better to just... zoom out and use four tiles for each base one?
Like, the wall would look thinner if instead of one line of one with height of two it was one line of one with height of four and everything else scaled to 200% or something.
It's not like it would make any different but visually if you are not using pixel movement like altimit or qmovement, it would just look weirder that you have a half tile thick wall but has an invisible barrier on the other half.

oh well, i do know that, yush, but ( even if is not my case, cuase this thing wasnt exactly for my own project ) taking on mind some people like to use the default or similar to default rpg maker assets ( again, not my case, i dont use rpg maker graphics at all , my sprites are already a lot bigger than default, so yeah, thiner walls on my project already) or similar sizes things, on pixelart , like the case of @palatkorn (btw such a nice looking project) , to by default can build on a easy way thiner walls would be a lot less time consuming to get a better visual resoult, think about... well, they would be forced to resize all the assets, all the sprites, even some animations, just to can make a bit more thin walls... again this isnt my case, but was more about thinking on make things easier to people who are using pixel art assets in that way.....

about the pen, well cause i seen the pen only chose the slope direction when the shadow is inside the slope`s square , i dont see a problem on making the walls also have a pen configuration before , cause they were a separate cell/square also , but indeed , to use the shadow pen to set the sides of the tiles its a lot..a looot better, oh well.... indeed thats a lot better use, but now i feel excited about that new tool, those are really good news !

Last edited:

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Square shape will look best
Such as football fields
xzzz.JPG

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys!

Does anyone have any idea of the minimum requirements for games built by MV3D?
I tried to run the game on a mobile and on an old PC and got 1 FPS. o_O

Android is a totally unviable platform for MV3D?

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys!

Does anyone have any idea of the minimum requirements for games built by MV3D?
I tried to run the game on a mobile and on an old PC and got 1 FPS. o_O

Android is a totally unviable platform for MV3D?
No, I think this is the device specification I use on Android 10. It works very well

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 AIE Octa Core 2.2 GHz
I think that the current version should be Android 10.
I tested a lower version, such as version 5. It didn't work well at all. This is only a guess.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 AIE Octa Core 2.2 GHz
I think that the current version should be Android 10.
I tested a lower version, such as version 5. It didn't work well at all. This is only a guess.
Okay, i'll do some test with Android 10 tomorrow.
How you do the deployment? Do you have a tutorial link?

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I customize it by myself.
I haven't made a video tutorial yet.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I customize it by myself.
I haven't made a video tutorial yet.
I think that my deployment method can be wrong...
If you could teach how you do will help a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally done! Time to continue the other one.
Grass... Earth... Sand... Snow! Working on edits for some new autotiles for MZ/MV
Waiting on approval on my One Map Challenge game, which I made to get a feel for RPG Maker. I was able to complete it before MZ's release, now I can focus fully on the MZ game I want to make. I'm excited, ya'll.

I have recently returned to try and developing games after I learned how to use digital drawing software.

My goal is to start simple and small. I am mostly aiming to create a game that I would play, and to tell a story that I would like to read. :smile:
RayGarden7 wrote on Geovid's profile.
Hey I'm new the RPG Maker forms as well and was having the same problem you are with needing 30 post or 30 threads we must complete. Maybe we could help each other out? Why you on the forms what is your goal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffithVIII