Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hyouryuu-Na
The tall characters are cut off because their head is clipping into the wall. The sprite shape leans forward so it always faces the camera, but it sometimes causes this problem. You could consider using the tree shape as the default event shape instead. It can be set in the parameters.

And yeah the help file still needs a lot of work.
Event lights can be set up with the note or comments. Player lights need to use plugin commands.
For a point light, the three parameters are color, intensity, and distance.
<mv3d: lamp(white,1,3)>
A spotlight has parameters color, intensity, distance, and angle. Angle is the width of the beam.
<mv3d: flashlight(white,1,3,30)>
The plugin commands use the same parameters, but with a target at the start and a time at the end.
mv3d @Player lamp white 0.25 1 0
mv3d @Player flashlight white 1 6 30 0

@seaotter
Since the hedge tiles are at a different height you shouldn't be able to walk onto them even if they're passable. In playtest you can walk through unpassable terrain by holding ctrl though, so it's possible you might have done that by mistake.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter
Since the hedge tiles are at a different height you shouldn't be able to walk onto them even if they're passable. In playtest you can walk through unpassable terrain by holding ctrl though, so it's possible you might have done that by mistake.[/QUOTE]
no, I just use mouse to move then .....

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak found some things that for some reason aren't doing good for me...

I tried making the waters of the inside tileset work for all versions of it... and... well, only the first one is. while the sides of the others are ok, putting a rectTop on them turns them into the first one.
Also, pits under a certain height set on the tileset tab are apparently being hidden. Region-set depths work fine though. Not sure of the exact height, but the tileset's Hole D, that was already set on the demo, isn't appearing already.
And to finish this, deep holes with rectSide are.. weird. i the tile used is an A1 one, the sides apparently go black above the rect, but on others like the already mentioned Hole D they use a tileset around to fill the space.

These are the notetags I added. The Hole D one was already there so I didn't add it:

Code:
A1,0,0:rectTop(A1,24,72,48,48),side(A1,3,1),rectInside(A1,31,54,31,14),height(-0.3),float(0.1)
A1,1,0:side(A1,3,1),rectInside(A1,31,192,31,14)
A1,0,1:rectTop(A1,24,360,48,48),side(A1,1,1),rectInside(A1,31,342,31,14),height(-0.3),float(0.1)
A1,1,1:top(A1,0,1),height(2)
A1,1,3:top(A1,0,0),height(2)
The example test map I am using. I checked it in the demo, so it is not some bad config in my project.

Attachments

Ludo_gamer

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Some os my friends is having this problem. (they have the most recent version of MV).

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ludo_gamer this seems to be a characters image file problem...

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy
The issue with the pit is with tile layering.
RPG Maker automatically handles tile layering for you. The right half of A2 as well as 3 of the A1 tiles are placed on the second layer, and the rest of the A tiles all go on the first layer.
Since the pit is on the right half of A2, it goes on layer 2. I determine tile height by following the stack bottom to top, so if there's a tile below the pit on the stack it will actually end up rendered above the pit. You can fix this either by moving the pit to the left half of A2, or by clearing the tiles below it with the transparent tile before placing the pit.
Currently negative height only works properly on tiles that go on the first layer. It's really unintuitive, so I'd like to fix it eventually. Until then just be aware of tile layering.

For the second waterfall, A1,1,3 isn't a valid tile, so I assume you meant A1,3,1.

For the weird black areas, I think that's some sort of weird quirk with a negative tile height and negative region height interacting. Definitely a bug. The black areas are just holes in the map.

---
New version:
There was a bug with event lights stopping them from working properly. They should be fixed now.
I changed how configuration works a little.
The rectTop and offsetTop functions etc have been consolidated into the top function, differentiated by the number of parameters. Same for side and inside. rectTop(A1,24,72,48,48) becomes top(A1,24,72,48,48).
ceiling function now can take a rectangle.

Configuration function parameters are now separated into groups, and a vertical bar can be used instead of a comma to skip to the next group.
For example, for a ceiling with a height: ceiling(A1,0,0|3)
The vertical bar is needed for ceiling height because ceiling can take up to 5 parameters for the rectangle.

parameters also have names and can be set by name. For example:
camera(0,60,dist:5,height:0.75)
camera(mode: perspective)

You can also make custom animated tiles now.
A5,5,2:texture(anim:1,1)
A5,7,2:texture(anim:1,0)
note that the x and y animate differently. X has frames 0,1,2,1, and y has frames 0,1,2.

The help file hasn't been updated yet to reflect these changes. I'll have to get on that soon. That old thing needs a lot of work in general.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
will all animations can display ( very important !!! ) ?

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak I see. Yeah, that fixed the whole "depth" issue, and to be honest I missed the waterfall one, wasn't really focused on it right then...

but... well, whatever is the cause of the problem with the water seems to be affecting the pit too. Just like the different water is still with the initial one's image on it when you use rectTop on it, the pit is with the image of Wood Floor A, the first tile of A2.
I did not touch the code you gave for it either.

It seems to me that something is limiting rectTop only to the first tile of the image it is from... which is specially weird because it doesn't seem to affect rectInside...

But again, didn't try the new update yet. I'll download it after I get back home in about an hour.

[EDIT] Tried the new update now. After changing the notetags, it worked now! :D
(save for the fact the deep water can't be put as deeper than the first water or it is the first one that will appear, but I'm assuming it is something to do with both the pit problem and the face rm itself adds the first water as a base when you put the deep one without anything else, like it did since the 2k times at least. just rm things I guess
either way, understandable as the same problem as the pit one)

@seaotter didn't test yet, but judging from the answer earlier in the topic and the still unchecked part on the first post I guess "not yet, but soon".
And since this plugin is pretty new and is already with so much progress, I'm not assuming the "soon" will take that long either.
Dread_Nyanak is doing a really good job on this one :D

Last edited:

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
new demo report:
01. speed up much, good job!
02. why have like this block
View attachment 127813
03.animations still can't display
04.img\MV3D is nice job!
05.windows message pop display X, Y coordinates still error can't display at right X, Y coordinates
06.Can let this file to lose weight ( 2.3 MB really too large ) ?
View attachment 127814

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter Are you talking about the black block in the distance? Change the first option in the plugin parameters (the one that asks how many tiles to display) to a larger number.
I'm giving the plugin a break. Will continue fiddling around with it after my current project is done (sometime next year). By that time I hope this plugin will be close to complete and hopefully there'll be a display 3d model option. I really really need that ^^ It's sort of like a dream though... 3d models in rpgmaker... even if .obj, it's still a huge thing.

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
new demo report:
01. speed up much, good job!
02. why have like this block
View attachment 127813
03.animations still can't display
04.img\MV3D is nice job!
05.windows message pop display X, Y coordinates still error can't display at right X, Y coordinates
06.Can let this file to lose weight ( 2.3 MB really too large ) ?
View attachment 127814
3- you asked this before. ...arr you reading replies?
5- you are asking for compatibility with a different creator's plugin based on screen positioning on the 2d map. It needs a compatibility patch, you can't really expect it to be working on this as it is no matter how many updates it has.
6- that file is the babylon mentioned in the thread name. It is kinda the framework used for the 3d and was made by someone else.
Also it is a text file. And as you can imagine from the size not really a short one. Ao I kinda think it would not be worth it for her to try and shorten it.
But any other plugin that also uses babylon you find out later won't need another one if the current one is kept so...

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I fixed some of the bugs with the walls. One of the problems was the region coordinates weren't mapping to cell coordinates properly.
The other issue had to do with a special case I was using for tiles with negative height.
Instead of using this special case, I've split the height property into two properties, height and depth. A tile's final height is equal to its height minus its depth.
The height portion of the walls will use the side texture of the surrounding tiles, and the depth portion of the walls will use the inside texture of the current tile.

The issue with pits being covered by the underlying tile still exists.

Also as a heads up, I'll be starting school next month. So if it seems like I become slightly less productive, that's why.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter Are you talking about the black block in the distance? Change the first option in the plugin parameters (the one that asks how many tiles to display) to a larger number.
I'm giving the plugin a break. Will continue fiddling around with it after my current project is done (sometime next year). By that time I hope this plugin will be close to complete and hopefully there'll be a display 3d model option. I really really need that ^^ It's sort of like a dream though... 3d models in rpgmaker... even if .obj, it's still a huge thing.
Geart! I make it from 20 to 30 and it is fix ! Thank you.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I fixed some of the bugs with the walls. One of the problems was the region The issue with pits being covered by the underlying tile still exists.
Also as a heads up, I'll be starting school next month. So if it seems like I become slightly less productive, that's why.
What!! You are still in school? Really a talented student! Is it a university?

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
3- you asked this before. ...arr you reading replies?
5- you are asking for compatibility with a different creator's plugin based on screen positioning on the 2d map. It needs a compatibility patch, you can't really expect it to be working on this as it is no matter how many updates it has.
6- that file is the babylon mentioned in the thread name. It is kinda the framework used for the 3d and was made by someone else.
Also it is a text file. And as you can imagine from the size not really a short one. Ao I kinda think it would not be worth it for her to try and shorten it.
But any other plugin that also uses babylon you find out later won't need another one if the current one is kept so...
I just a report for my try.
03.this is a big problem.
05.not only a plugin error , that like pop windows class plugin all X,Y error. this is another big problem.
06. 2.3 MB I try to zip it then still work ^___^

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo Bug report :
01.When adding a teammate to the map, the follower will not be displayed.
Followers are always when they start to set up... ( big problem !!! )

The blank pattern when the switch is ON will not work.
That is
When you set up your teammates to join you. Then you have a teammate behind you. Then the original dialogue pattern disappears.
Will become
There is not one more teammate behind you. Then the dialogue pattern is down. But there is a bug in the menu that adds a teammate.

RIGHT
View attachment 127843
ERROR
View attachment 127844

03. battle test will display this error
View attachment 127845

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter You should edit your post instead of posting so many seperate comments. You can't post consequtively. It's the mod's job to tell you this but I thought giving you a heads up would save you a warning from the mods.

I don't think this plugin dev has any liability to provide a patch for another plugin you're having problems with. It's not her duty to make this plugin work with all other plugins. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a few features to get something more important.

Could you explain the new bugs a bit clearer? It's not that understandable

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...is it just to me that seaotter's posts are empty now? Like, not even the new ones, older ones too?
Like, I don't think my posts replying to his were being useful, I was mostly repeating "like was said before a few times already, animations are not supported yet but she is working on it" and "she has no responsibility to make her plugin compatible with one from a completely different person" (which Hyouryuu-Na just repeated), and I really think he is ignoring the posts of others because dread herself said the animations thing earlier...
...but if he did ask for something else I'd be able to help with I can't see it to try to.

Oh, by the way,

@Dread_Nyanak I know the help file is still not done, but could you tell us the new codes so we can try to use them ourselves without needing to find it in the demo to copy?
Because... I saw you mentioned rectTop becoming just top and rectInside just inside for example, but anything else new I have no idea how they work right now...

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter Why did you delete them!? TT I was just saying you should be more careful about double posting. Please rewrite your comment again. I'd feel bad if someone removed all their comments because of me.

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh, it is not just me then.
I thought I had ended up being more rude than I thought and he blocked me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenBratva