Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here
You may have created the wrong method.
android studio Should be the latest version
If you used this method, then i'm using the right method.
Maybe could be the android 10 that i don't have.
How much FPS you get in Android?

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, now I still use the plug-in version 0.5.1.5

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, now I still use the plug-in version 0.5.1.5
I'm tried to deploy the 0.4.8v, but i think you don't understand the question very well.
Tell me the FPS value that you got in Android, please.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One thing that helps lag is cell size, if you use high cell size you get a lot higher FPS, but you also get really long load times for whole map load at once or freezes from around 20, ect, when walking into new unloaded cells render distance. In the first pages there was talk of finalizing map for reduced load times, don't know if that is still going to be made.

@dragonx777
Like @Waterguy said, I think the easiest approach would be to use the xcross shape. However, I think xcross doesn't work for events in the latest version. I'll be adding it in the next version though. To get the same effect, you can use this note tag: <mv3d:shape(cross),rot(45)>

If you need the trees to look a bit more dense still, you can try layering events on top of each other using the <mv3d: pos(+0,+0)> tag to change their positions. You could combine two cross events to make an 8-sided cross, or use a flat event as the canopy of the tree.

@seaotter
The mouse input seems to work fine for me in the latest version. I know the old version had a few problems with mouse input and performance like what you describe, but the new version works a lot better. Right now the biggest issue is load times. Are you sure you're updated?

@Grilled Mormons
I'm working on a plan right now to improve load times. I'm making it so you can "Finalize" the map, which exports the mesh to a file. Then on subsequent map loads, it will load the map mesh from file instead of building it from scratch every time. This way you'll only need to deal with the slow mesh building during development.
Another thing I can do is build the map synchonously when the map is first loaded, then switch to asynchronous loading. This would make the screen stay black until the cells near the player are loaded.
These two approaches combined should hopefully improve the perceived performance of the plugin.

Another feature I'm working on is to make the terrain tag and region configurations accept all the same configuration functions as tileset configuration. This will enable you to, for example, use regions to change the wall texture of a tile.

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have plans to possibly make the movement smoother? Maybe I'm an idiot and don't know if it's possible with this or not, but I love moving around in the world, but the moment it goes to first person, the movement is a bit annoying. I don't mean that in a rude way, but rather in the sense that I feel many players would be turned off to playing if they had to move that way.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm tried to deploy the 0.4.8v, but i think you don't understand the question very well.
Tell me the FPS value that you got in Android, please.
Mobile FPS 50-60 is normal when the surface is loaded. That are moving more than usual, such as various events Too much movement Affects this MV3D plugin
I solved by using the Galv Image Cache plugin.
There are results to help, and various factors for the overall mobile specification.
Or turn off unnecessary character movements

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mobile FPS 50-60 is normal when the surface is loaded. That are moving more than usual, such as various events Too much movement Affects this MV3D plugin
I solved by using the Galv Image Cache plugin.
There are results to help, and various factors for the overall mobile specification.
Or turn off unnecessary character movements
0.5.2 more slow then 0.4.8v ...
maybe you should test last version, because old version always more fast at mv3d plugin

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry i found it
You should now create a blank project on your phone, releasing only this plugin for testing, maybe the delay is caused by other plugins in your game.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have plans to possibly make the movement smoother? Maybe I'm an idiot and don't know if it's possible with this or not, but I love moving around in the world, but the moment it goes to first person, the movement is a bit annoying. I don't mean that in a rude way, but rather in the sense that I feel many players would be turned off to playing if they had to move that way.
what do you mean, you mean the movement being in tiles? That is just the same as normal movement in 2d or in this plugin without first person.
it is also the same movement of other tile-based dungeon crawlers, even recent ones like Etryan Odyssey and PersonaQ.
if you want movement separate from tiles, Dread already added compatibility with altimit pixel movement and QMovement. but they are their own plugins for this kind of moving.

if that is not what you meant... then I don't get what it is.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And I also found that the waterfalls have the most effect when you make the waterfall floor flowing high Your game will slow down considerably.
Yes, on mobile devices Have a great impact Unlike the normal maps that I make large, FPS does not fall, but when moving to the 5-6-7 level waterfall map, the game actually slows down.

I use a medium-sized mobile phone to test these two devices.

I think it is too much in the machine specification and what you create. I reduce the falls and the situation. The bad effects have disappeared. You should test many things that are always working.

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And I also found that the waterfalls have the most effect when you make the waterfall floor flowing high Your game will slow down considerably.
Yes, on mobile devices Have a great impact Unlike the normal maps that I make large, FPS does not fall, but when moving to the 5-6-7 level waterfall map, the game actually slows down.

I use a medium-sized mobile phone to test these two devices.

I think it is too much in the machine specification and what you create. I reduce the falls and the situation. The bad effects have disappeared. You should test many things that are always working.

I got it!
Your mobiles are far superior. You have 6GB RAM.
The standard mobiles in Brazil have just 2GB RAM and the high profiles mobiles have 4GB.
Not to mention the various parallel processes that my project needs to run its systems.

Now I'm in doubt.
I am seriously thinking about releasing the game only for PC.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it!
The standard mobiles in Brazil have just 2GB RAM and the high profiles mobiles have 4GB.
Not to mention the various parallel processes that my project needs to run its systems.

Now I'm in doubt.
I am seriously thinking about releasing the game only for PC.
I got it!

^______________________^

I have just 2GB RAM too.

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what do you mean, you mean the movement being in tiles? That is just the same as normal movement in 2d or in this plugin without first person.
it is also the same movement of other tile-based dungeon crawlers, even recent ones like Etryan Odyssey and PersonaQ.
if you want movement separate from tiles, Dread already added compatibility with altimit pixel movement and QMovement. but they are their own plugins for this kind of moving.

if that is not what you meant... then I don't get what it is.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear with that. You answered my question. Also I think I was using an older version. I downloaded the newer version today and the movement is actually a lot more responsive, so that was my fault for using an older version. I did want to know however, if it's possible to use the first person mode with a gamepad? I use a wired Xbox 360 controller and it works fine in 3rd person, but in first person the only controls that work are the camera up and down. Maybe there is something I am doing wrong.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry I wasn't more clear with that. You answered my question. Also I think I was using an older version. I downloaded the newer version today and the movement is actually a lot more responsive, so that was my fault for using an older version. I did want to know however, if it's possible to use the first person mode with a gamepad? I use a wired Xbox 360 controller and it works fine in 3rd person, but in first person the only controls that work are the camera up and down. Maybe there is something I am doing wrong.
Yes, I tested the system Joy seems to be not finished yet.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found a bug with loading, the tiles are all messed up after loading from a map other than the map you load from, even from title, saving and then instantly loading from same map works though. Pretty sure it didn't do it before the .5 versions.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it!

^______________________^

I have just 2GB RAM too.
But did you manage to make the MV3D run well on mobile?

It is possible to make the gamepad work well and I managed to do that in my project.
I edited a Yanfly plugin, YEP_GamepadConfig.js and adapted it to my project. It works perfectly.
You will need to have some knowledge of code to edit it, though.

In the first person, it looks like Dread has included the commands 'rotleft' and 'rotright' when you move left or right, as it rotates the camera while moving.
You will have to edit the Yanfly plugin and include the 'rotleft' and 'rotright' keys in response to the buttons you choose to rotate the camera.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the future I'll do some testing with gamepads to try and make it work better out of the box. I also plan on adding mouse lock to use the mouse to turn the camera, like in most 1st person games. This will work great with movement plugins that add omnidirectional movement.

Update 0.5.3:
  • Camera Collision
  • Zoom plugin command that changes fov
  • Diagonal sprites
  • Tweaked diagonal movement when moving against walls to not cut corners.
  • improved support for Change Tile Size plugin
  • Fixed non-autotile fences
  • Option to disable fence posts
  • edge(clamp) to repeat tiles at the edge of the map.
  • Option to disable back face culling
  • Fov can now be changed in options menu
  • added zoff() configuration function for z offset, and renamed x() and y() to xoff() and yoff(). Change all three at once with offset()
  • Renamed height() configuration plugin for events to elevation(), to have the same name as the related plugin command, and to avoid confusion with the height() tile configuration function.
    x(), y(), and height() will continue to work, but have been deprecated.
Premium changes:
  • Glow feature can now adjust intensity for each character.
  • Skybox plugin command

If you use the new zoom plugin command at the same time as dist, you can achieve what's known as a dolly zoom.

Regarding the changes to configuration plugins, it's bothered me for a while that x() y() and z() were inconsistent. x() and y() were offsets, but z() was absolute position.
Also height() acted differently for positive values and negative values. For positive values it acted as elevation(), and for negative values it acted as zoff(). Now it's been separated into two functions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on Zelda-like tileset. Should be greatly refined. And tonight extra pave tiles, outward corners, abyss and water...
Is it possible to move posts from the in-progress project forum to completed games? I think I need to message a mod but a bit worried about bothering them
Bleeding Moons has its release date: September 3rd!
Do you stick with the RM default, or set a custom one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz