- Jan 13, 2019
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
New version seems to have broken tileset images with non English names, or at least Japanese, fails to load them.In the future I'll do some testing with gamepads to try and make it work better out of the box. I also plan on adding mouse lock to use the mouse to turn the camera, like in most 1st person games. This will work great with movement plugins that add omnidirectional movement.
- Camera Collision
- Zoom plugin command that changes fov
- Diagonal sprites
- Tweaked diagonal movement when moving against walls to not cut corners.
- improved support for Change Tile Size plugin
- Fixed non-autotile fences
- Option to disable fence posts
- edge(clamp) to repeat tiles at the edge of the map.
- Option to disable back face culling
- Fov can now be changed in options menu
- added zoff() configuration function for z offset, and renamed x() and y() to xoff() and yoff(). Change all three at once with offset()
- Renamed height() configuration plugin for events to elevation(), to have the same name as the related plugin command, and to avoid confusion with the height() tile configuration function.
x(), y(), and height() will continue to work, but have been deprecated.
- Glow feature can now adjust intensity for each character.
- Skybox plugin command
If you use the new zoom plugin command at the same time as dist, you can achieve what's known as a dolly zoom.
Regarding the changes to configuration plugins, it's bothered me for a while that x() y() and z() were inconsistent. x() and y() were offsets, but z() was absolute position.
Also height() acted differently for positive values and negative values. For positive values it acted as elevation(), and for negative values it acted as zoff(). Now it's been separated into two functions.
Found a bug with loading, the tiles are all messed up after loading from a map other than the map you load from, even from title, saving and then instantly loading from same map works though. Pretty sure it didn't do it before the .5 versions.