Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
interesting.
would need more work on the menus and the like so they change size properly, but with dread adding resolution scale the maps themselves wouldn't suffer so much impact. default 2d maps suffer a bit becausein big resolutions the characters are much tinier than the map.
what plugin are you using that changes it mid-game?
do you think this is an actual but or just compatibility? I'll be honest, chances of the later are high in this case

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
interesting.
would need more work on the menus and the like so they change size properly, but with dread adding resolution scale the maps themselves wouldn't suffer so much impact. default 2d maps suffer a bit becausein big resolutions the characters are much tinier than the map.
what plugin are you using that changes it mid-game?
do you think this is an actual but or just compatibility? I'll be honest, chances of the later are high in this case
I send you a PM.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh didn't even realize new version isn't minified, I had just learned how to build it with minimize false webpack from source files 2 days ago, I also learned how to unminify with sourcemap a few days before that, then literally 2 minutes later I saw the source files already unpacked files in webpack folder.

EDIT: Also @CoopNinjask it's not hard to make a function that calls a plugin command with variable access, Yanfly also has 1 for a dollar.
Code:
Game_Interpreter.prototype.pluginAnimation = function() {
    this.pluginCommand('mv3d', ['@e' + $gameVariables.value(579), 'animation', '133']);
};
this.pluginAnimation(); inside script call would call it.

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh didn't even realize new version isn't minified, I had just learned how to build it with minimize false webpack from source files 2 days ago, I also learned how to unminify with sourcemap a few days before that, then literally 2 minutes later I saw the source files already unpacked files in webpack folder.

EDIT: Also @CoopNinjask it's not hard to make a function that calls a plugin command with variable access, Yanfly also has 1 for a dollar.
Code:
    this.pluginCommand('mv3d', ['@e' + $gameVariables.value(579), 'animation', '133']);
};
I'll test and see if it will work.
I'll give feedback soon. Thanks! ^^

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRD has one for free. But from what I remember his uses code instead of the switch/variable codes yanfly's do

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Code:
};
Hey, man! I did it!
Yanfly's plugin did the job.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are a few tips that everyone can do.
If really wanting to do two systems, it may be necessary to create a parallel map.
Actually, just make the same map to 3D and use the same map only.
You may have to specify the map number in order to return to the current map.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are a few tips that everyone can do.
If really wanting to do two systems, it may be necessary to create a parallel map.
Actually, just make the same map to 3D and use the same map only.
You may have to specify the map number in order to return to the current map.

I can't see the video, you put it as private.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't see the video, you put it as private.
You may encounter errors such as looping back into the same situation. Therefore need to have parallel switches as well This would be great if it had to be chosen in the scene to start game But if you switch on and off it is a bit tiring to do it
But this idea really allows you to switch back and forth
But if using it with the Event Copier (YEP) plug-in That problem will go away.

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a new bug.

If you use MV3D animations (Those who apply depth and scale, not the RPG Maker default ones) and open the menu while the animation is playing, there will be a static image of the animation instead of dispose it.
There is the example video:

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a new bug.

If you use MV3D animations (Those who apply depth and scale, not the RPG Maker default ones) and open the menu while the animation is playing, there will be a static image of the animation instead of dispose it.
There is the example video:

Now you are using a new skill.
The World jojo

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
without mv3d the animation would pause too but continue again after the menu is closed, right?

Yevn125

The Strongest Solo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question, instead of the background fading into white or black, might it be possible to create a similar effect to the blurring depth of field that octopath traveler creates? I just recently discovered the game and was intrigued by the use of depth of field.

I'm sure it's not really high on the list of things to do if at all, but I would be interested in seeing a feature like this, even if it's a premium feature lol.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question, instead of the background fading into white or black, might it be possible to create a similar effect to the blurring depth of field that octopath traveler creates? I just recently discovered the game and was intrigued by the use of depth of field.

I'm sure it's not really high on the list of things to do if at all, but I would be interested in seeing a feature like this, even if it's a premium feature lol.
the fading effect of the distance is the fog you can set on the map notetags. You can set any hex color for it there. but to just turn the things transparent instead of a color you'll need the premium (paid) extension.

No, it's simply disposed If you open the menu.
That's... not good, to be honest. That would mean if I play an animation and someone opens the menu before it ends it is gone unfinished...
I personally thing dread should just make it pause but continue when the menu is closed again...

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the fading effect of the distance is the fog you can set on the map notetags. You can set any hex color for it there. but to just turn the things transparent instead of a color you'll need the premium (paid) extension.

That's... not good, to be honest. That would mean if I play an animation and someone opens the menu before it ends it is gone unfinished...
I personally thing dread should just make it pause but continue when the menu is closed again...
Looking in the codes, i saw that she created the MV3D animations as character sprites.
She just forgot to dispose these characters when you open the menu.
I tried to find the section related to this to include the missing dispose command, but i don't found.
Well, the normal RPG Maker animations just dispose If you pause the game, instead of continue playing the animation. I don't know the Dread's intentions though.

20yearstoolate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey there, I just got the ******* version of the plugin today but I am having problems getting the skybox to work. Would anyone be so kind and explain me how to properly do it? I tried the plugin command wich was posted with the last update, but for some reason I still see just fog instead of an image. The folder where the other textures for the plugin, such as Shadows are is the right place for the skybox image to be, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:
spending a week trying to figure out what was wrong with my font has me DED
504 threads to go upon the time of this post until the forum reaches 100k threads. Thread Dead Redemption. Thready Van Halen. Thread Zeppelin. Doesn't have to be a band or a game
Random thought: Looks like putting in effort in learning a language is like a taboo for most people. :kaoswt2:
Not sure about RPG Maker MZ ; We see a lot of things, but they could have enhanced a lot of things in MV first... We're at the era of updates nowadays, not new products over and over and over :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Player-Unknown