CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey there, I just got the ******* version of the plugin today but I am having problems getting the skybox to work. Would anyone be so kind and explain me how to properly do it? I tried the plugin command wich was posted with the last update, but for some reason I still see just fog instead of an image. The folder where the other textures for the plugin, such as Shadows are is the right place for the skybox image to be, right?
The plugin commands are not working, i tested it myself.
Use map notetags instead.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin conflict :

CharacterGraphicExtend.js
use this.setScale(150, 150); will not things...

SAN_ResidualSprites.js
not work

if they can work, mv3d will more good.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Coop Ninjask:Thanks for your reply. I still can't make it work. :/ it should look like this, right?

'mv3d skybox north skybox.png'

I also tried this version:

skybox(top:ypos.png,bottom:yneg.png,north:zpos.png,south:zneg.png,east:xpos.png,west:xneg.png)

but neither changes how my sky looks. Just plain and imageless...
Use the commands below in the map note tags:

<mv3d>
skybox(DarkSpace1.png,top:BlueSky.png,north:Sunset.png)
</mv3d>

This is only a example, each direction (top, bottom, north, south, etc) is a direction in the sky, change this to a image that you want to. The first image is used in all directions that you don't set a image.

Last edited:

20yearstoolate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<mv3d>
skybox(DarkSpace1.png,top:BlueSky.png,north:Sunset.png)
</mv3d>
Thanks a bunch. With that it works. <3 I have absolutely no skills when it comes to this stuff with codes so I am really glad that there are people out there to share some help. =) I am making my first game with MV (used rm2k3 years ago) and I don't really want to do too complicated things with that plugin but I at least wanted to it to use to give my world map a visual effect, wich I can now.

It's pretty impressive what you yourself - and some other people - get out of that plugin by the way.

And mostly the plugin itself of course is pretty amazing. RPG-Maker has come quite some way.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter
about the first, scale will not work with mv3d. because mv3d does not really show sprites, it shows 3d characters created with it using the image of the sprites. It has its own scale system for them, that can be changed with plugin commands already (not always there, so you may not have noticed, but was added some time ago).

the second, same reasoning. it creates copies of the image to show, but mv3d does not use the images. it would probably not need just a patch be made compatible, but probably a big rewrite. better for you to ask dread to make something like this for adding to the premium plugin.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, this is a technique for climbing up.

cc.png

This event uses Before you climb up
Normalize From there, you will not float and cross over to the hilly area.
6.JPG
You must always keep moving forward. If this character stands in a overlapping situation, it will not move forward.
7.JPG

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The remove function isn't called for animations when the menu is opened. I'll have to find another way to dispose them.
And the skybox plugin command only seems to work if the skybox was previously created from a map note.

I'll have to fix these things.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The remove function isn't called for animations when the menu is opened. I'll have to find another way to dispose them.
And the skybox plugin command only seems to work if the skybox was previously created from a map note.

I'll have to fix these things.
You can try to do the way YoraeRasante said, the animation is paused and the current frame is saved on a variable, so when the menu is closed, the animations continues from the current frame to the end.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My God! This looks so difficult to use.
it is a bit confusing at first, until you learn it. Then it get much easier.
That is how it is with many things though.

Yevn125

The Strongest Solo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I was trying to download the demo project file but I can't seem to find it. I was trying to figure out these doors and figured that the demo might give me some guidance lol.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yevn125 go to the github lin on the first post, https://github.com/Dread-chan/MV3D
click on the green button, "clone or download", and then "download ZIP"
inside the zip, the demo is the "project" folder.load it somewhere in your computer to open, opening projects still on the zip usually gives errors and they don't run.

Arvalis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@palatkorn in your video you posted, how do you get your trees to look that way? I've been struggling for so long trying to figure out how to get large trees to stand up like that! They look so good. How do you do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playtesting for Battle Castle is done, demo time for me was roughly 6 hours and 20 minutes. I'm going to pass it on to a few friends first, and after getting some feedback will be posting an official topic.
There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lemminace