Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jolink
ok, so you clearly do not know how plugin patches work.
this is not a big deal, you just need to be taught.

order of plugins is important. the ones above are added to the game before the ones bellow.
unless told otherwise, compatibility patches, extensions and the like go bellow the ones they are patching.
in fact, many plugin incompatibilities can be fixed just changing the order between them.

so in this case you should do babylon, mv3d, my patch.

kaboth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Will you add any type of WASD movement? or is it already in there?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that was actually the first type of movement. people asked to be able to remove it so there is an option not to.

By the way,
Once I understood the method, I created this as well.
Yes, I use these conditions to create mini-phishing games as well.
With this idea I was able to do many more things.
Events for events that have the same coordinates

this is not the same, but it reminded me a not of the breath of fire fishing games. particularly the 3, that I played much more. but in there, while you walk around to catch the fish's attention depending on the bait, it is just to find the fish, there is a whole minigame trying to reel it after the catch.

jolink

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jolink

order of plugins is important. the ones above are added to the game before the ones bellow.
unless told otherwise, compatibility patches, extensions and the like go bellow the ones they are patching.
in fact, many plugin incompatibilities can be fixed just changing the order between them.

it's true, I never used a patch in my life, it's the first time for me, thank you anyway

jolink

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kraden96
I'm not sure what would cause lag with that plugin. Maybe I'll look into it later.

@jolink
Cuboid shape for events is probably coming in 0.6

@YoraeRasante
It probably would be good to be able to configure each event individually for falling off edges.

Update 0.5.4.2
  • Fixed orphaned animations sticking around if you pause the game while they're playing.
  • Fixed input being reset when switching between 1st person mode.
  • (premium) fixed skybox plugin command not working on maps that don't have skybox in map note.
@Dread_Nyanak

if you need 3d model, I can make it, the formats of models that I can provide are: ".OBJ" ".GLTF models" ".Json" ".Java" If you need it for testing / other

try to make an model.PNG

for example here is a reproduction of a computer according to a rpg maker tileset

I use this as texture, but I can put the texture of the shape you want
modelcomputer.png
I suggest that in case you need it for testing or trying to put custom models for your plugin

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jolink

Sir :
where is your patch ?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter it was in an anex to an earlier post. not that long ago.
not sharing it right now because working on adding more things to it not working with mv3d still - namely, state icons and enemy treasure icons

jolink

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter it was in an anex to an earlier post. not that long ago.
not sharing it right now because working on adding more things to it not working with mv3d still - namely, state icons and enemy treasure icons
you said there is a discord, could i have an invitation please?

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kraden96
I'm not sure what would cause lag with that plugin. Maybe I'll look into it later.

@jolink
Cuboid shape for events is probably coming in 0.6

@YoraeRasante
It probably would be good to be able to configure each event individually for falling off edges.

Update 0.5.4.2
  • Fixed orphaned animations sticking around if you pause the game while they're playing.
  • Fixed input being reset when switching between 1st person mode.
  • (premium) fixed skybox plugin command not working on maps that don't have skybox in map note.
Hi! I tested this version and all the bugs mentioned before is done. Nice job!

I tested a lot, looking for a solution for this small glitch:

Initially, I thought it was related to my project, so I decided to test whether it also happened in the original MV3D demo and, unfortunately, it does.

What I found out about this glitch:
If you spam graphics change, eventually it will happen.
Sometimes it happens as soon as you start spamming, sometimes it takes some time to happen.
Once it happens, the glitch is happening several times in a row.

* When you change the index, but the sprite sheet does not change: Glitch does not occur.
* When you change the sprite sheet, but the index does not change: Glitch occurs.
* When you change the sprite sheet and also change the index: Glitch occurs.

I looked at the codes for about four days, but I couldn't find a solution, the glitch doesn't make sense to me, maybe because I don't know the code so deeply.
Usually, when I run into a bug that doesn't make logical sense, it's related to waiting time, but I don't know if that's the case this time.

The glitch happens with the player's sprite.
I haven't heavy tested it for events, but in all the time I've been developing my project, I haven't seen it happen even once, so I think the glitch doesn't happen when it involves changing graphics in the events, but I may be wrong.
I haven't tested for followers either.

I know that graphics change spam doesn't usually happen in most games.
But in the case of an ABS, that there is constant change of the sprites, one for each action of the character, that glitch becomes very noticeable.

Is this an unsolvable problem?
If anyone can help, thank you very much!

A big hug and keep up the good work! ;)

(Scarecrow Event Page for better understanding)
Scarecrow Events 1.png
Scarecrow Events 2.png

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
at Commits on Apr 10, 2020 last version : 0.5.4.2

have two error.

01.wall is block the characters

1.png
Error at block characters

2.png
walking

02. input allow turning and allow strafing ,if I change to others key, will not work.
3.png

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter
1- wall seems to be working ok, the problem is that the camera pitch is so high it is sending their image inside the wall. remember this is a 2d sprite, not a 3d model. So when you change pitch, the sprite still looks up. To change this I think you set it as 'tree', but when you change pitch it would be like a cardboard cutout.

2- well, the options in the parameter say that those require WASD to be on to work on QE, so...

@CoopNinjask
Oh, you were able to reproduce it! It had stopped working here... most of the time, some rare times it still does, but it is so quick I fought I was imagining it or was a rare case like some rare times some events didn't make their characters but they return by restarting the map...

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter
1- wall seems to be working ok, the problem is that the camera pitch is so high it is sending their image inside the wall. remember this is a 2d sprite, not a 3d model. So when you change pitch, the sprite still looks up. To change this I think you set it as 'tree', but when you change pitch it would be like a cardboard cutout.

2- well, the options in the parameter say that those require WASD to be on to work on QE, so...

@CoopNinjask
Oh, you were able to reproduce it! It had stopped working here... most of the time, some rare times it still does, but it is so quick I fought I was imagining it or was a rare case like some rare times some events didn't make their characters but they return by restarting the map...
Yeah, this is a hard one to find.
You have to spam graphics change to find this one.
Usually, this is not even noticiable. In the case of a ABS, this is likely to happen more, since this is constantly changing sprites.
Do you did to make this glitch occurs in $gameMap.event graphics?
I only did to make it happen in $gamePlayer's sprite.
I don't have checked $gameFollowers instance, though.
This only happens if the sprite sheet file is changed. If only the index of the sprite is changed, there is no glitch.

Last edited:

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to continue working too much? And there is no waiting for action
An event that runs madly
Hi! I tested this version and all the bugs mentioned before is done. Nice job!

I tested a lot, looking for a solution for this small glitch:

Initially, I thought it was related to my project, so I decided to test whether it also happened in the original MV3D demo and, unfortunately, it does.

What I found out about this glitch:
If you spam graphics change, eventually it will happen.
Sometimes it happens as soon as you start spamming, sometimes it takes some time to happen.
Once it happens, the glitch is happening several times in a row.

* When you change the index, but the sprite sheet does not change: Glitch does not occur.
* When you change the sprite sheet, but the index does not change: Glitch occurs.
* When you change the sprite sheet and also change the index: Glitch occurs.

I looked at the codes for about four days, but I couldn't find a solution, the glitch doesn't make sense to me, maybe because I don't know the code so deeply.
Usually, when I run into a bug that doesn't make logical sense, it's related to waiting time, but I don't know if that's the case this time.

The glitch happens with the player's sprite.
I haven't heavy tested it for events, but in all the time I've been developing my project, I haven't seen it happen even once, so I think the glitch doesn't happen when it involves changing graphics in the events, but I may be wrong.
I haven't tested for followers either.

I know that graphics change spam doesn't usually happen in most games.
But in the case of an ABS, that there is constant change of the sprites, one for each action of the character, that glitch becomes very noticeable.

Is this an unsolvable problem?
If anyone can help, thank you very much!

A big hug and keep up the good work! ;)

(Scarecrow Event Page for better understanding)
View attachment 139552
View attachment 139553

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to continue working too much? And there is no waiting for action
An event that runs madly
This is not the problem, since the glitch don't occurs when you don't change the sprite sheet, just the index.
If the waiting time is the problem, this will be in the plugin's code, not in the eventing.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV

sc.JPG
I tested that it did not happen to me. May be on your personal GPU may not work correctly. Or incorrectly processed From the sensitivity above I see, maybe you set the frame. New in 30 spaces And try again
I think that it loads images repeatedly and works slowly. There are plugins to help cast many image files. Perhaps that is another option to prevent this.

This is not the problem, since the glitch don't occurs when you don't change the sprite sheet, just the index.
If the waiting time is the problem, this will be in the plugin's code, not in the eventing.

Last edited:

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

View attachment 139652
I tested that it did not happen to me. May be on your personal GPU may not work correctly. Or incorrectly processed From the sensitivity above I see, maybe you set the frame. New in 30 spaces And try again
I think that it loads images repeatedly and works slowly. There are plugins to help cast many image files. Perhaps that is another option to prevent this.
First of all, this glitch is not so simple to make it happen. Sometimes it takes time to happen and sometimes it happens quickly. If you keep testing, it will end up happening to you too.
Second thing, you need to change the sprite sheet to happen. If you use the same sprite sheet and only change the graphic's index, the glitch does not happen.
In your eventing, you only changed the sprite's index most of the time, so this is less likely to happen.
The problem is not with my PC, YoraeRasante said above that this also happened to him, even though it is rare.
At 0.4.8, the glitch does not happen, proving once again that the problem is not my PC.
This started to happen from 0.5 onwards.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello

Does anyone knows if this plugin runs reasonably well for a game played in the web browser?

Been working on a web browser game but don't want to dig too deep into this plugin before hearing some first, if possible.

Thanks

V_Aero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello

Does anyone knows if this plugin runs reasonably well for a game played in the web browser?

Been working on a web browser game but don't want to dig too deep into this plugin before hearing some first, if possible.

Thanks
Feel free to try it on my site http://play.v-aero.me/mv3d-rng-demo/ I haven't done much or any complicated stuff, but maybe it gives you some impressions.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks. Seems to work OK with most web browsers :)

Mobile can get clumsy fast, though. Guess I'll check out this plugin if making a desktop only game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Inspired by @fluffymonster 's Cute Ghost
His name is POKO!
I made a giant tree + treehouse for the next country woods pack \o\
Calculated my tax refund - CHEERS
Looked at my student debt - cries
Still, might be just enough left over to pay for my new computer, which would be awesome!
And my student debt will be fully paid, which is also pretty nice.
They say nice guys finish last. But mean guys don't finish at all!
I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeziaG96