Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The demo comes with the free version of the plugin which does not have as many features but still works. The paid (premium) version of the plugin can be found at itch io.

I dont think any of the stuff you mentioned is possible in either version of the plugin, though. Skyboxes are supposed to be a thing in the premium version of the plugin but I think they might be full of bugs. If I am on map 1 and setup a skybox, it might work, but if i go to a different map the skybox stops working, renders whatever it want, does not update, and often behaves like any normal parallax background. Seems that changing to another map messes up skyboxes. I wonder if skyboxes are still a work in progress or what. Lets see what @Dread_Nyanak says.
Thank you!

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@somenick
It looks like the skybox breaks when changing maps. I'll have to add that to my list of things to fix.
@Burgerland
You can turn off the 3D for certain maps.
For the most part MV3D is just 3D rendering. Extra stuff will require more effort on your end.

@Fyoha
Upside-down slopes aren't officially supported, but I do know a way to fake them. The closest you can do is giving a tile a negative slope. This will cause the slope to be upside-down, but all the faces will face the wrong way. If you turn off backface culling it will almost look correct, but there will still be a missing face. I might try to fix this in the future.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@somenick
It looks like the skybox breaks when changing maps. I'll have to add that to my list of things to fix.
@Burgerland
You can turn off the 3D for certain maps.
For the most part MV3D is just 3D rendering. Extra stuff will require more effort on your end.
Thank you! I'm new to the plugin, still looking through the instructions, but got two problems when I play my game Horseventures.

I'm using MV 1.6.1 on Windows 7

1) the game slows to a crawl when the plugin is turned on. Maybe it's where I placed the plugin, or haven't begun configuring it? I just turned it on and started playing the game.

plug.PNG

2) how the 3d is rendered. Again, I haven't configured the plugin. But I am using Yami's Skip Title to use a map as the title screen. I don't have a parallel backgroun set to the map, so the background is black, but the title screen (17x13) looks like this (map in edit vs map in game):

Untitled.png

Should I make the map bigger to solve the problem? A similar graphical problem arises with the select horse map (same dimensions, 17x13):

Capturegg.PNG

I cropped the in-game stable map to cut out the text box. Anyways, these problems are probably because I haven't configured the plugin, or maybe I put it in the wrong order on the plugins list, but I wanted to let you know. I haven't played the game past the select horse map.

Last edited:

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fyoha
Upside-down slopes aren't officially supported, but I do know a way to fake them. The closest you can do is giving a tile a negative slope. This will cause the slope to be upside-down, but all the faces will face the wrong way. If you turn off backface culling it will almost look correct, but there will still be a missing face. I might try to fix this in the future.
I played around with negative slopes a bit without backface culling. The method I ended up going with was placing a negative slope on a fringe tile and then placing a second fringe tile on top of that to stack it up. One thing I found out from doing this is when you change the height of a fringe tile greater than 1.0, it starts to stretch out the side textures. While that may be intentional, it kinda throws things off if you place something like this next to actual stacked normal tiles with the same texture profile. The higher I go with the height of a fringe tile, the more stretched it gets.

Attachments

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That would be awesome! :)

I'm making a space exploration game and the use of skyboxes would really add to the experience when landing on planets. :)

Echuwu

Beginner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, is there any chance that the ability to control the 1st person camera with the mouse (like in most first person games) will be coming soon? I really want to make a 1st person game with this plugin but the controls are a dealbreaker for me.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey im REALLY loving this plugin first and foremost and i've had 0 issues with it except for one: im currently running version 1.6.1 and every time i transfer to a map thats running mv3d from a map that has mv3d disabled I get a black square underneath my sprites

blacksquare.png

i tried combing through this thread but couldn't find anyone with a similar issue, but honestly after page 20 the post began to become a blur lol

really hope there is an easy fix for this out there as i LOVE this plugin!

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
It MIGHT have to do with the shadow graphic. Is it there in img -> mv3d -> shadow.png?

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It MIGHT have to do with the shadow graphic. Is it there in img -> mv3d -> shadow.png?
Yep it's there I have all 3, and if i start game in a mv3d enabled map the shadows show fine, but if I go to a non 3d map and back to the 3d map then the shadows turn into those black squares.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
The regions for height only work up to 8 in my project. Is this intentional? Can I edit this somewhere so I can go up to 20 or whatever? Might be a plugin conflict too but not sure which one.

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The regions for height only work up to 8 in my project. Is this intentional? Can I edit this somewhere so I can go up to 20 or whatever? Might be a plugin conflict too but not sure which one.
@gRaViJa Yeah. Go to MV3d's plugin parameters > scroll down to tile config > regions. On structure list, double click the bottom in the blank space to create a new region ID. There, just type or paste in this in configuration functions: height(20). Also make the Region ID whatever number you want for it. Height doesn't have to match the number ID unless for OCD reasons.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@gRaViJa Yeah. Go to MV3d's plugin parameters > scroll down to tile config > regions. On structure list, double click the bottom in the blank space to create a new region ID. There, just type or paste in this in configuration functions: height(20). Also make the Region ID whatever number you want for it. Height doesn't have to match the number ID unless for OCD reasons.
Thanks! The kind of thing you only start searching for when you need it :)

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found a bug on my end that breaks the panning of the skybox when rotating the camera after turning on/off mipmapping in the 3D options menu. My apologies if this was already reported.

EDIT: Actually, it breaks by just opening and closing the menus with escape button.

Last edited:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem with skyboxes only happens when you have alpha fog turned on, so setting alpha fog to zero might be a good temporary solution for those who need skyboxes.

@Burgerland
It's hard to say where the performance problems are coming from especially considering you're applying it to an existing project. MV3D does perform worse than raw MV.

For the title screen, the camera centers on the player. I don't know where your player is, but you could try moving them to the center of the map.

@Conflictx3
I can't seem to reproduce the bug. Transferring to and from a disabled map doesn't cause any black squares on my end.

@maliyana
I don't think it can be made to work.

deykuzor

Korean Guy Screaming in Italian American
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to make this function with SRPG Engine? Particularly, to make the movement grid and selection box 3d:
While I don't think you can get it to be compatible with the plug-in, if there's a command call that can be made that would reset the camera to top down for a specific scene call, you could regain some of that functionality for just the movement turn I'd imagine. Since I'm planning to do something similar eventually, I may eventually start working on that but for the moment I'm working on a different part of my game.

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let me take a moment to express how cool this 3D plugin is again. I was able to build myself a nice foundation for a ship with a little bit of time this past week. Some things are limited and took a while to make a few workarounds, but I'm starting to get satisfied with my work so far. I hope it's okay to share my work in progress via video here. I hope to inspire more people with this plugin.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let me take a moment to express how cool this 3D plugin is again. I was able to build myself a nice foundation for a ship with a little bit of time this past week. Some things are limited and took a while to make a few workarounds, but I'm starting to get satisfied with my work so far. I hope it's okay to share my work in progress via video here. I hope to inspire more people with this plugin.

Really cool!
How do you made the ship flags?

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask Are you talking about the rope nets on the sides?

For those, I extracted the image out of a tileset made by Celianna and reformatted it into a 3x4 character sheet with image editing software and placed a !$ prefix on the file's name (ex: !$RopeNet.png). This is done by keeping the image size the same, but multiplying the canvas size horizontally by 3 to the right and vertically by 4 to the bottom.

Import to img/characters. Create a single event. Use the image for it. Use the Note box to adjust position/size. Shape is Fence. I had to bump it up to <scale(2.5)> or <scale(3)> to get them that big. Did the same concept for the sails as well as the bowsprit in the front.

I did a minor edit to the tops to bring them in closer like a sharper triangle so it would not be much wider than the 1x1 fringe tile above, giving it a more natural appearance in terms of connection. Also, I had to layer the image on top of itself multiple times to get rid of some of the transparent pixels that was occurring from transforming it.

Really wish there was a way to angle them in more where they would hook near the tops of the masts instead, but straight up to a fringe tile was the best option I could think of with the current build of the plugin.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak Thank you for looking! i figured it out, i had an outdated version of the plugin, in the plugin Master demo you have 2 folders named "project" one at the top from 3/5/2020 with version 5.1.3 and the other below it from 4/10/2020 with version 5.4.2 so that was on me not paying attention but im good now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

During one remote lesson I needed something to have my hands busy so my brain could focus and now there is a MZ bust of the best boy ever and me.
Today I had a little happy flashback to when my grandpa and I played doctor in his living room. We were visiting him in Tampa. I was about seven years old and my parents were out on an errand, so grandpa and I decided we would spend the night pretend playing. I miss him so much...
I have a riddle for you all, I wonder if you can solve it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllsuInteractive