CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask Are you talking about the rope nets on the sides?

For those, I extracted the image out of a tileset made by Celianna and reformatted it into a 3x4 character sheet with image editing software and placed a !$ prefix on the file's name (ex: !$RopeNet.png). This is done by keeping the image size the same, but multiplying the canvas size horizontally by 3 to the right and vertically by 4 to the bottom.

Import to img/characters. Create a single event. Use the image for it. Use the Note box to adjust position/size. Shape is Fence. I had to bump it up to <scale(2.5)> or <scale(3)> to get them that big. Did the same concept for the sails as well as the bowsprit in the front.

I did a minor edit to the tops to bring them in closer like a sharper triangle so it would not be much wider than the 1x1 fringe tile above, giving it a more natural appearance in terms of connection. Also, I had to layer the image on top of itself multiple times to get rid of some of the transparent pixels that was occurring from transforming it.

Really wish there was a way to angle them in more where they would hook near the tops of the masts instead, but straight up to a fringe tile was the best option I could think of with the current build of the plugin.
Good Idea!
You made good use of the events!

Fyoha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CoopNinjask Thank you very much. It's nothing when compared to the elite coding systems you and others can make though.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I appreciate this plugin a whole lot, great work!
My question is, is there a way to make the camera rotate towards an event in first person view, regardless or where the event approaches you from?
Thanks!

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there any way to add projectiles? I was going to buy the premium version, but I can't get it to work with Galv's projectiles (or maybe I'm just thick...)

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
A question that @Dread_Nyanak maybe can answer best, but any input would massively help me:

In the terrain types option, is there a way to make x and y work? (mainly y for me)? I can circumvent z by using fringe instead, but I really need to add a y-value here to make my game work:

Also, when I put shape(wall) in there, the tiles with this terrain tag don't look like the shape(wall) at all as events would when i put shape(wall) in the event notetag. Instead, it more looks like a cross once more than one tile is touching:

2x1 tiles with notetag shape(wall) looks like this (as it should):

2x2 tiles with notetag shape(wall) looks like this (it becomes like a box-shape or something:

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 0.6:
  • babylon.js has been merged into mv3d.js
  • Images from the MV3D folder can now be used as textures.
  • tree shape renamed to board shape (tree still works as an alias)
  • sprite and board shapes now work as map tiles.
  • separate textures for north, south east, and west.
  • default map settings in plugin parameters
  • yaw setting now works properly with board shape
  • pos setting can now set z position.
  • textures now use tile coordinates by default no matter the number of parameters. texture(B,0,0,48,48) becomes texture(B,0,0,1,1) or texture(B,0,0,48px,48px)
  • new 8cross shape.
  • ceilings can be set using regions.
  • mv3d.command() script call for running plugin commands.
Premium:
  • Import OBJ files
  • added options for "dynamic normals" which will make characters meshes stay lit even when facing away from the sun.
  • premium glow effect is now disabled by default.
  • fix skybox problem when changing maps
Might still be bugs, and there's still some missing features that I originally wanted to put in 0.6. I wanted to get an update out since it's been a while.

@gRaViJa
Currently wall shape and fence shape are two names for the same thing. I've been considering separating them so wall shape for tiles behaves more like it does for events, but I would also need to add a rot function for tiles, and perhaps allow them to be rotated with the shadow pen like I do for slopes.

@Sausage_Boi
I'm not familiar with that plugin, so I'm not sure.

@ZelloksThunder
Currently there's no way to make the camera auto rotate to always face an event, but you can rotate the camera using plugin commands.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@Dread_Nyanak Thanks for the update and answer on my question. To add to my question: is it possible to move a tile through the terrain tag config or not? :)

Benku

Mecha King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to rotate the 3d models? Also, I know there obj format but are there limits to it or a certain way to do it I made a simple bed in 3ds max and it won't load its just a plane.
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
My trees are 4x4 tiles big in my game. I place this through an event with a shape(wall). But this makes for a LOT of events in forest maps and slows the game down a lot. is there a way to play a 4x4 tree with shape(wall) form straight from a tileset? Because I tried, but can't find a way since B-E tiles overwrite each other etc. Any help is very welcome! :)

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@maliyana @Dread_Nyanak I may be weird, but I think that, while those graphics on the ground would be hard to do on mv3d itself, it can be simulated.
Some in-game event instantiator, as in make copies of pre-made events mid-game (I remember out of my head one by woodpenguin in japanese, one by yanfly and I think one by galv), can be made to be a transparent image over the ground.

@gRaViJa now on 0.6 there is. There is a test map all with 2x2 trees made with a single tree tile there.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@Dread_Nyanak Glad to see you added my suggestions I made back in page 6 or so :) Very nice to see

I saw how you made the obj, with a 3d model program and its nice to see it can be implented now :)
I no longer need to convert my models to sprites, but I actually may keep 2d character sprites and just use 3d objects like beds, furniture etc.

Really nice update, i hope all bugs that came with this will be fixed.

And good job and thx for all the effort doing this.

Benku

Mecha King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The modals i try to import don't load and there obj. Is there something I'm missing?

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gRaViJa
I'm not sure what you mean about moving tiles. You mean like offsetting it like how you can with events? This isn't currently possible.

@Benku
The model failed to load. If you open up the console with F12 or F8 it should give more information about what went wrong.

Update 0.6.1
  • modify shaders to properly display models using diffuseColor without textures.
  • change ambient color individually for each model or tile.
  • move "Enabled by Default" to "Map Defaults"
  • throttle "processMapTouch" function to improve performance.
  • fix "Walk off edges" setting allowing player to walk up walls.
  • fix using configure command on airship messing up its elevation.
  • fix "Allow Glide" feature.

Last edited:

Benku

Mecha King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screenshot_3.png

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak from what gravija told me, was asking to be able to change a tile's x/y offset so you could, for example, make a two tile wide tree just by putting the two tiles with the offsets, without needing events.
But since now you can just set one of them to use both...

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@Dread_Nyanak from what gravija told me, was asking to be able to change a tile's x/y offset so you could, for example, make a two tile wide tree just by putting the two tiles with the offsets, without needing events.
But since now you can just set one of them to use both...
That was exactly the reason, but a solution was added with 0.6, so thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Surprise Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Look,i'm the Cute White Ghost!
F.Mage: And,im the Scary Witch!
M.Archer: I'm The Handsome Vampire!
M.Fighter: AWOOOOOOO!!!
(Suddenly,The Electricity Is Turned Off. Then Turned On 10 Seconds Later)
Hero: (With Scream Mask & Bloody Knife) Hey,how about my Costume?
Entire Party: (Screaming Until Faint)

230 paths... roughly 250 light sources on the screen... One serious lag fiesta... But I finally got it all the screen at once. I guess I could have also just made an event to spawn each one in exactly the location I needed, but that's sooo much less fun. :LZSwink:
A wee radio thing I made months and months and months ago. 2020 has felt like such a long year. Maybe made this before 2020.IDK anymore.

Made this one much more recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sir_Pass_Limits