MV3D - 3D rendering for RMMV with Babylon.js

cuzisaidso

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Looks like I have to look into getting the update (I'm running 0.5.4.2) as I don't see other options outside of cross, fence, xcross, and sprite.

I have another question, I am trying to understand why this lamp post is floating
floatingpost.JPG
// lamp post
B,3,26:side(B,528,480,48,170),height(3)
B,3,26:shape(cross),z(0)

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Damn I've tried and failed to use MV3D w/ Lecode's TBS v0.77, Tactics System 1.1, and SRPG. They all have their own set of problems...SRPG seems to be the closest to working w/ MV3D tho. I was really hoping I could use MV3D to add height to my game since I'm making a tactical RPG.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cuzisaidso is the tile you set there with collision star? Those have elevation set to 2 by default (can be changed in the plugin parameters, or set as the one you want through setting on the tileset). Setting z doesn't change it, because they are put on z + elevation.

@staf00 did you try changing the order?
What exactly are the problems? Some will need compatibility patchea but others may be simpler to fix.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cuzisaidso is the tile you set there with collision star? Those have elevation set to 2 by default (can be changed in the plugin parameters, or set as the one you want through setting on the tileset). Setting z doesn't change it, because they are put on z + elevation.

@staf00 did you try changing the order?
What exactly are the problems? Some will need compatibility patchea but others may be simpler to fix.
Well in the case of SRPG, its simply the blue/red tile selection thing. For Tactics System 1.1 the tile selection thing doesnt even show up. And LTBS just takes a royal crap lol.Screenshot.png

DTurtle

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would it be possible to set a slope on top of a roof to make it look like the roof isn't just flat, kind of like how it looks in Landstalker? By default if you place a slope on a roofed building, it erases the building.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 4.10.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 4.11.09 PM.png

EDIT: In the first screenshot I used the slopes from the A tileset, so that may be why it erased the building. Using the slope on the D tileset puts it on the roof, but they're not facing the right way. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 4.14.18 PM.png

Cormorant42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible to set a slope on top of a roof to make it look like the roof isn't just flat, kind of like how it looks in Landstalker? By default if you place a slope on a roofed building, it erases the building.

View attachment 147122

View attachment 147123

EDIT: In the first screenshot I used the slopes from the A tileset, so that may be why it erased the building. Using the slope on the D tileset puts it on the roof, but they're not facing the right way. Any ideas?

View attachment 147126
First tip - read the documentation.

There are several different ways to make sloped roofs. You can use the A4 tileset in conjunction with the <slope> and <height> functions to make auto-houses, and then use the shadow pen to orient the roofs to the correct direction.

For what you're doing, all you need is to use the shadow pen.

DTurtle

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
First tip - read the documentation.

There are several different ways to make sloped roofs. You can use the A4 tileset in conjunction with the <slope> and <height> functions to make auto-houses, and then use the shadow pen to orient the roofs to the correct direction.

For what you're doing, all you need is to use the shadow pen.
Oooh thank you, got it working!

cuzisaidso

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm using the following setup
lampsettings.JPG

and using only the top tile on the screen. I've seen where the collision star makes thing float. Also, this is not an event. Could this be happening because it's 3 tiles high?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@staf00 yeah that was asked about earlier here. Can't be fixed by default, since originally it is a color put on the tile's sprite but mv3d doesn't use them. The image you posted is kinda the same but as a picture over the map. I made a suggestion of using an event instance plugin to simulate them.

@cuzisaidso don't think that is it... I mean there are example trees in a map...
I have an idea... is it the only tile in that position? Click on it with the first B tile, the transparent one, to remove anything there even any possible trasnparent star or x ones.

DTurtle

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I'm having with using large spritesheets on the map as events. I have a large building displaying as an event, but despite it being "below character" in priority, most of the sprite overlaps the player.

Here's what it looks like:

Here's my map layout:

And here's the event details itself:

(yaw is -50 to match my isometric camera)

thanks!!

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"bellow character" in mv3d is not the same as in the normal maps... I think they are just passable.
For it to be on the ground, you need to set the event to be "flat"...
But I don't think this is what you want. Since I think it would be sent to under the ledges too
Yeah, so... it is basically a character standing, but the image seems a bit turned to the side.
So, if you put a large character as same as character on the normal map, if you go to their side and up they kinda start covering you. It is the ame thing here.

Looking at your image, your house is already in isometric image? from that I think you won't move the camera, right? then your yaw is just to adjust it to the map...
I suggest instead splitting it into different images to put there through tiles and events as like the doors in the demo.

cuzisaidso

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Kind of weird, but I'll repost, but I think I found my solution. I used

// lamp post
B,3,26:side(B,528,480,48,170),height(3)
B,3,26:shape(cross)
B,3,26:fringe(-0.4)

solution.JPG

The only thing is, I don't think this is how fringe should be used, or maybe I'm misunderstanding how it should be used. I thought it was to be used for elements that use a star setting?

DTurtle

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to get Yanfly's Grid-free Doodads to work with MV3D? You can pull up the menu but you can't place doodads unless you disable MV3D, but then when you turn it back on and run the game you don't see the placed doodad in your map.

Alternatively, is there a way to place a picture to a specific map X/Y coordinate with MV3D? Pictures always just seem to place relative to the screen instead of the map.

Last edited:

Cormorant42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I'm having with using large spritesheets on the map as events. I have a large building displaying as an event, but despite it being "below character" in priority, most of the sprite overlaps the player.
Okay, so this isn't really a problem with the "below character" setting, it's a camera angle problem. Right now your player sprite is probably rotating vertically with the camera (if it's using the default 'sprite' shape), which will cause it to clip into other sprites that don't rotate vertically (like 'cross' shapes). For an easy solution, I'd recommend changing the "player character settings" inside the plugin parameters to include shape(tree) or one of the other ones that doesn't rotate vertically. If that doesn't work then I can't help you, sorry.

DTurtle

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, so this isn't really a problem with the "below character" setting, it's a camera angle problem. Right now your player sprite is probably rotating vertically with the camera (if it's using the default 'sprite' shape), which will cause it to clip into other sprites that don't rotate vertically (like 'cross' shapes). For an easy solution, I'd recommend changing the "player character settings" inside the plugin parameters to include shape(tree) or one of the other ones that doesn't rotate vertically. If that doesn't work then I can't help you, sorry.
That does not fix it, sadly :(

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

Does anyone else have trouble restoring first-person camera rotation when using:

mv3d lockCamera <false>

after using this for cutscene:

mv3d lockCamera <true>

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Burgerland
It's hard to say where the performance problems are coming from especially considering you're applying it to an existing project. MV3D does perform worse than raw MV.

For the title screen, the camera centers on the player. I don't know where your player is, but you could try moving them to the center of the map.p
Thank you!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know if you can make events in this plugin with a cube or box shape, rather than a flat or crossed one?

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've noticed that the larger sized models do not work when trying to import them. Is there a size limit for obj files? What is it?

EDIT: I'm actually getting a black box for many of my objs, regardless of size. See the attachment for error message.

Attachments

Last edited:

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be jumping the gun, but I was wondering about the capabilities of Babylon.js.
Would it be possible to implement a feature to render and display a 3D model in the same way
that RPG Maker handles pictures? I could see this being a huge help in terms of certain scenes.

Of course, this isn't related to mapping, and would probably end up as a different script if anything.
Still, does babylon have that sort of capability?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

a romanticized war
Still working on a few pixel projects- first, working on a fan tileset that I plan to drop soon. Second, returned to my Meat Market icons today and knocked out an additional eight. Up to 41 icons for meat products. Have another 14 icons planned before I run out of ideas.
Fixed a memory leak that I left myself a month ago. Feelsgoodman
been a while since i posted here my coding class got ****ed because of covid and i did not learn much java script and the little stuff that i did learn i forgot by now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s69-5