Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Through the use of an "On-Map Battle" plugin, would it be possible to make this plugin work to make 3D battle scenes?

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
00000.jpg

002.png

There seems to be an X in the picture... Weird

Attachments

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Karbonic if you use events on it you can, but may need some adapting. ...well, if you use images too, but events will be easier I think.

@seaotter you are using terrain tag 1 on those tiles. That sets those tiles to "pop up" as an xcross, that is an an x. There is also cross, that is a +.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All in all this is an awesome plugin :)

Using this in Galactic 123, a game I am developing. It is already open for beta testing, if anyone wants to check it out, playable here
Still a long way to go. Suggestions, ideas, etc, welcome. (Plays in web browser, need an user, can be created right away, no email needed)

a_Galactic_123_s9.png

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 0.6.3
  • wall shape is now different from fence shape for tiles
  • added rot() for tiles. Affects cross shape, wall shape, and imported models.
  • shadow pen can be used to set rotation of tiles, similar to how it works with slopes.
  • camera track plugin command. When on, camera will rotate to face a certain character.
Examples for camera track plugin command:
mv3d camera track @e1 0
mv3d camera track off

note that camera tracking won't work if the tracking target is the same as the follow target.

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 0.6.3 BUG REPORT
00.png

01.png

02.png

If there are 2 tiles upright, there will be broken display

03.png

X or + on tiles to map display to many, hope can get more Sleek

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter it has always been like this, you mentioned this many times and versions before, and the answer is still the same:
mv3d mapping is not done the same way as normal mv mapping.

for tiles to be one over the other you need to put them in the same tile yourself.
While hard to visualize without actually knowing it, mv allows you to have four layers of tiles:
two for the A tiles, some of them being put on a layer above the others thus why A1 and A2 have those tiles with transparency,
and two for the B-E layers. These are the ones you want to use: just put a tile on the map, then a second one in the same map tile.
In normal mv this allow to put a drink tile on top of a table tile. In mv3d it allows you to put one piece of the stile on top of the other.

cuzisaidso

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm noticing some inconsistencies with fence settings in the image below, they are the same graphic, with the same setting and yet the one on the right is a cross shape.
fencecheck.JPG

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cuzisaidso
hmm... you said they are the same image, not the same tile. are they the exact same setting? even terrain tag?
or is one a tile and the other an event?
maybe it is something related to a fence's position, since the actual fences in the tileset are autotiles and thus change shape a bit depending on how the tile is put (shift-mapping would probably allow a cross-like tile out of nowhere)?
wall for tiles now is different than fence, does the same happen if you set them to wall?

jacktarma

COBRA!!!!!
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm noticing some inconsistencies with fence settings in the image below, they are the same graphic, with the same setting and yet the one on the right is a cross shape.
redefine the tile in the tileset mapnote with shape(wall) and set rot(0)

@YoraeRasante is correct, the tile on the right basically joined with the "bench"-looking tile on it's right and hence warped into an xcross shape. setting it as a wall in the tileset mapnote will prevent this from happening.

Yevn125

The Strongest Solo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I've been away from this thread for a little so I'm seeing a few new things that I'm looking forward to using. I would like to reconfirm a few things and ask a question or two.
First, is Q-movement compatible with this plugin? Or any sort of free movement plugin that would allow you to move freely from the grid system?

Second, How does changing the resolution affect the plugin? I'm thinking of using Spriter to make some fluid Hi-def sprites, but I'd need to increase the resolution of my game a fair amount. Would that affect the map sizes, cube sizes, etc. or would it just affect the image of the texture on each block? (Basically, would the map scale or would my sprite be giant?)

Third and last, How does the 3d object importing work? Would I be able to make a whole environment out of it or just objects? Could I make a house model and import it? Could I make a cliffside and import it? How would collision and lighting work with the imported object?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yevn125
First, I know Dread spent some time making it be.

Third, you can, but you'll need to use something like invisible impassable times to set the collisions inside the models, and collision expander plugins. The models by default have the collision of an 1x1x1 cube.

Second... I am into this myself. while not going for high-def, I want some first person dungeons so making the tiles there have more pixels is important.
You can set the scale of events, so for them I was planning to make mine about twice the size and set the scale to 50% size so they look better when closer. But for tiles I need some more trial. I know you can set them to use other files as textures now, and select pixels for the tiles in different sizes than just the 48 of usual height and width... but you may need a plugin for using tiles of different sizes than default.
Thankfully mv3d was already made compatible with at least one... don't remember which one though

malonkey1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I understand that OBJ doesn't support animation, but can models be swapped out to simulate animation? (e. g. having a character cycle between a couple of "stepping" models while moving)

Second, are animated textures supported in any way for models?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
on the first, they used to take a blink when changing models, Dread did try a way to avoid this though but I didn't check it myself yet. So while a good idea not sure how workable it is on the newer version yet.

Second one... for now we can only use obj, and as far as I know they get their textures from an mtl file linked to itself that gets the image data right from the relevant image files. They are a duo for now, meaning one model and its same-name mtl. So I guess not yet.

carlosggg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
After some hard time trying to get the plugin to work I noticed I was missing the babylon.js and mv3d-babylon.js files into my plugins folder. Downloaded the demo version to get them from there and I noticed they aren't in the js/plugins folder anymore, nor anywhere else in the project itself. I tried downloading a different version of babylon by myself but it doesn't work either. Where can I get the right version of this plugin? (0.6.3??

cuzisaidso

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@cuzisaidso
hmm... you said they are the same image, not the same tile. are they the exact same setting? even terrain tag?
or is one a tile and the other an event?
maybe it is something related to a fence's position, since the actual fences in the tileset are autotiles and thus change shape a bit depending on how the tile is put (shift-mapping would probably allow a cross-like tile out of nowhere)?
wall for tiles now is different than fence, does the same happen if you set them to wall?
Yes, they are on the same tile, same terrain tag. Also, the same occurs with wall setting.

jacktarma

COBRA!!!!!
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, they are on the same tile, same terrain tag. Also, the same occurs with wall setting.
drop the terrain tag. you won't need one if you do this:

Ax,x,x:shape(wall),rot(0)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I'm fairly new to all of this. I downloaded the plug in and have it installed. by the only things that become 3d are walls. Where do i go, or what do i do. to get things like fence posts, trees... to display 3d?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@anerdinreallife you need to configure things so they are turned 3d. walls have it done automaticaly, but the rest you have to set yourself. Because you may want them to do things different.
The documentation explaining it better is still being worked on, but most of it is already done and you can see how in the Demo available in the github.

@cuzisaidso you said the same happens with wall setting... does it happen with 0.6.3 too? Because if I was right on the cause this is exactly one of the things Dreaded changed in this new version...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)

• k333

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, what is this "Inktober" everyone's speaking about? Because apparently, I have no idea what happens on this site...
O_O One day left until I can pre-order the new NSP album! Yay!
Ah, today's the start of Inktober! I should do that.
Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seayton