MV3D - 3D rendering for RMMV with Babylon.js

lekfurry

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Everyone!!! I begining a new project using that plugin, and i have a question about this.
HOW to add new roofs.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
being creative.
Normal roof tiles are made into walls with the roof texture on the top.
but for separate roofs, you can jut be creative. in the demo for example, Dread made a D tile have a small height and the roof texture, meaning when put on top of the houses it made a small roof for them. B-E tiles are not affected by regions, meaning she could make the house any height and the roof would stay the same height.
Others here are doing something similar with slopes for slanted roofs too.

lekfurry

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
being creative.
Normal roof tiles are made into walls with the roof texture on the top.
but for separate roofs, you can jut be creative. in the demo for example, Dread made a D tile have a small height and the roof texture, meaning when put on top of the houses it made a small roof for them. B-E tiles are not affected by regions, meaning she could make the house any height and the roof would stay the same height.
Others here are doing something similar with slopes for slanted roofs too.
Don't worry, i finally can understand that script and solved the problem. A process with Photoshop to Make the Roofs on png files.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I mentioned a few pages ago the idea of swapping .obj files to fake animation. Finally got down to business and did it. Fueled by having just beat FF7.

it's very barebones, my implementation is certainly not playable, but it's something! there are a few issues with doing this via events: i'm pretty sure the game is loading and discarding the 3d model every time the page changes which is DEFINITELY not good if you have a lot of events going on, in-script support for such an animation method would mean preloading all the animation frames related to that model when you load that model in the first place. While you'll quickly bloat your project with redundant 3d files by doing it this way, it's probably manageable with a models -> animations subfolder. so idk.

btw making ff7-esque models like this is immensely easier and quicker than doing pixel art characters lol, and that's not even getting into the fact that you can share animations between all of them (except you're not using real animation so you'll still have to export each individual frame as a separate .obj which... is quite time-inefficient)

idk i'd love to see ppl tackle this?

i don't think there's a plugin command to swap .obj models, so currently you really do need to use pages to animate it like this. which means you can't animate the player. with a plugin command you could at least use a common event to act as a makeshift "sprite manager" and cycle walking / running animations when these apply, etc

What you CAN do is hide the player and have a dummy event copy the player's location but that's kind of... too much lol. probably not performant at all.

anyway sorry for rambling and thanks for the awesome script once again.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JosephSeraph erm... good for now, great to see that the idea works, but...

models were just added last update, and this plugin is being improved fast.
As in, just compare how much thing was added already compared to the first version. And it was not that long ago.
Much better fps-wise right away, animations and balloons, slopes, platform events, falling from edges, textures outside the tileset, different sides, compatibilities,
and on the premium add-on dynamic lighting, alpha fog, skyboxes, and now models
I may be even forgetting stuff.

Pretty sure Dread will work on letting you use animated models soon. That would mean only one model that just does the animations you set when making them.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Probably! I don't want to request something that possibly few people will use though, and I just have that oldschool RM2k3 mentality of "how can I do X thing within these rules/limitations?"

So even if that never gets implemented (bc there's no interest / there are other priorities), the alternative already exists! It just takes some work and possibly some optimization. But there's no denying that dread works amazingly fast and well :))

Wasn't even gonna share it tbh but I figured that if it worked for me, it could help someone else /o/

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug report with MOG_TreasurePopup.js
mv3d pitch 90 0
mv3d yaw 180 0
mv3d dist 0 0
DropItems just get a picture error, get a full png picture

but at normal mode ,
mv3d cameraMode perspective
mv3d yaw 0 1
mv3d pitch 60 1
mv3d dist 5 1

all just fine

I don't know why ?

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Bug report with MOG_TreasurePopup.js
mv3d pitch 90 0
mv3d yaw 180 0
mv3d dist 0 0
DropItems just get a picture error, get a full png picture

but at normal mode ,
mv3d cameraMode perspective
mv3d yaw 0 1
mv3d pitch 60 1
mv3d dist 5 1

all just fine

I don't know why ?
I should look into the specifics but I have something very similar!

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter @gRaViJa do you guys have an error message? preferably with console screenshot instead of just the error?
I remember fixing the chrono engine treasures in the compatibility patch I did some work on for gravija (did I ever put it online besides sending it to you?), but those were a transformation of the events, and I admit the floating having a pause I have no idea why. This one I didn't check the code, but it seems to just be text on the screen like a message box...

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@seaotter @gRaViJa do you guys have an error message? preferably with console screenshot instead of just the error?
I remember fixing the chrono engine treasures in the compatibility patch I did some work on for gravija (did I ever put it online besides sending it to you?), but those were a transformation of the events, and I admit the floating having a pause I have no idea why. This one I didn't check the code, but it seems to just be text on the screen like a message box...
Looked a bit more into it, and the issue on my end is smaller: the error was about a missing character file: treasurebattlertool.png. Adding a random file with that name solved it, but i'm not yet sure what that file is used for. Haven't seen it pop-up in any way.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it was a random name used on the enemies when turned into treasures to tell chrono engine to take the treasure's icon instead of an actual character. but...

Funny, this seems to be a separate map plugin right? wonder if he used the same name just to reuse the code...

The one for the chrono engine enemy treasures instead of treasure chests like this one still works fine, I hope?

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
As far as I can tell it works fine like that :)

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In a future update, can you consider using the mouse to change the function of the game's 3D angle? Just like this FC 3D simulator.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!
I am very proud to present the Environment System Pro v2.0

A real evolution has happened since the last version and, for this reason, I decided to call it the Pro version.
Watch and discover all the possibilities it has to offer!

A big hug!

Gargoyle77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!
I am very proud to present the Environment System Pro v2.0

A real evolution has happened since the last version and, for this reason, I decided to call it the Pro version.
Watch and discover all the possibilities it has to offer!

A big hug!
Am I dreaming? This is really really awesome! I'm seriously thinking on using this in my project even if I have to redraw many sprites

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Am I dreaming? This is really really awesome! I'm seriously thinking on using this in my project even if I have to redraw many sprites
I bet it will save you A LOT of work and the result will be exceptional! :awink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was working on grid movement and did this as a joke.

Or is it

New PC is built. Now I walk that fine line between wanting it NOW, and being responsible and waiting for the stress test to be finished. By this time tomorrow it'll be up and running. And my desk will have had a much-needed clean.
Remember to pet your astral kitty!

Unifying the code bases across MV and MZ for Haxe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brodyslav