seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
01. If I buy the paid version, paid version to update, Do need I will paid two times ?
02. have Demo file for paid version ?

Last edited:

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok i can fix it

Last edited:

Cats777

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a bit of a pain to get the overworld tiles to look acceptable, but I managed to add some nifty shadows to the autotiles by adding fringe(0.1) to them. The only problem is it has to be in orthographic view with no yawing (pretty much the default MV view), or else everything will look flat. The tiles also look like they're floating a little bit, but that's a minor gripe.

I also figured out how to create a forest using a combination of tiles and offset events, but then each tree will have a shadow and would likely cause performance drops if there were hundreds of these on a map.

It looks pretty cool though.

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey there ! ,cause, i know you were already working around the battle scene.... i wanted to look for some kinda 2.5 battle scenes examples if thats somehow usefull to show how developers aproach that problem and solved it on diferent ways, if it helps somehow as an inspiration ^^

this one, is from star renegades , moghunter have a kinda similar effect posible on one of his plugins, still not the same resault cause that cant fake the perspective on spriteshets "you know, the far character one been smaller and that kinda stuff", and the shadows and the correct floor, but, this is a nice looking example of one
this one is from playstation, suikoden 2, this battle scene do involve 3d models, actually this is the perspective one im using on my game, still would preffer a bit less isometric angle on camera but, this is another example
and bout old games, i found quite curious the way golden sun manage to solve that problem, was quite sad a guy who was developing a battle scene inspired by golden sun not made an update around it.......
or similar to golden sun ones, and a old game one would be

i dont know, wich way would you chose on the development, is hard to say without a deep understanding or what could be factible,but i hope this one could be helpfull to see some ways developers aproach the problem with diferent solutions ^^ , 2.5 turn battle games are a place not a lot of developers has explore well, cause the just jump from 2d to 3d on the process, but things as octopath traveler or even the next game from the suikodens developers show how awesome could be this artistic choice to explore, for the people who dont know already the suikoden-kinda one, take a loot at this !

Last edited:

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is looking amazing, very well done! There isn't a lot of info regarding the importing of 3D models though. What is the max polygon count for a 3d model? What is the max size for textures? (or at least the max before the game starts running slow), also, is it possible to implement animated textures on the objects and textures with alpha?
Also will it be possible to implement animated rigged 3d models?

Thank you!

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those who are following the development of the Environment System, take a look at Battle!

DaveHolmes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is looking amazing, very well done! There isn't a lot of info regarding the importing of 3D models though. What is the max polygon count for a 3d model? What is the max size for textures? (or at least the max before the game starts running slow), also, is it possible to implement animated textures on the objects and textures with alpha?
Also will it be possible to implement animated rigged 3d models?

Thank you!
citytest3.png

From what i have learned:
i have yet to figure out a way for alphas to work, textured alpha or one built from the tileset does not work.
The engine has a pretty wide model limit, i wouldn't try to load in anything too complicated, the scene above has 5-10k polygons per building.

You can use a 3D character if you event it, think of it like stop frame animation though, you would need to import 20 models for each direction for a basic walk cycle, i opted to just stick with a 2D model and increase resolution.

Last edited:

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A problem I have is that Change Tileset doesn't work. The tileset that a map has when it's created can't be changed to a new tileset; for example, an Outside map can't change into an Inside map.

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply! :)
That's a pretty good amount of Polygons, it allows for a lot of detail, it's pretty impressive.
I see, there's still a lot of room for improvement I see, the stop motion animation trick seems like it would become a bit cpu heavy over time. But it's a smart workaround. It'd be great if they could implement bone animations and textutes with alpha as well.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since MZ has been reworked to a new layer basis, I think it might be difficult to move to MZ.
Don't say that :(

Think what could be done in MZ thanks by the layers, easier bridges, floating levels, and probably more things! Also, maybe, just maybe, the map code doesn't change a lot in MZ and with couple of changes cutie can make it work there!

I prefer a direct answer from @Dread_Nyanak :D

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are there plans to port this Plugin for MZ?

I'm sure this question is already asked, but I was unable to search for "MZ" in this thread because the search term is too short :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.
I think my SV will be weird, but I would love to change it up.

"Signature characters" - the mascots of your game. Cute, quirky, lovable, recognizable.
i.e.
Kirby, Disgaea prinnies, creepers, Sonic, Mario, DQ slimes, pikachu (all starters), chocobos.

You see what I'm saying.
Getchu one.
Made a video showcasing a plugin that changes the animation rate for animated tiles in our games.

(Plugin by Caethyril )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katana100