The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i copied "babylon.js" and "mv3d-babylon.js' into the "js" folder of my project and copied the "mv3d" folder into my projects "img" folder but it did not work am i doing something wrong?

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The_switchify
babylon.js and mv3d-babylon.js go in the js/plugins folder, and need to be loaded as plugins.
If it's still not working then can you give me a screenshot of the console? Console can be opened with F12.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@safermike for this kind of thing, I think the closest to a solution would be using an event. Make a wood block on the wall and put it in there like the doors on the example project.
Since, you know, changing only one side may seem ok when you are putting the bookcases in the front wall, but what about when you move to the side?
This just make things look really weird and not really a good option. I started with this and went on to improve this but ended up with my previous question as this is not the way to go.

example.

To put them on the wall like that works for lamps or tourches. windows and paintings etc, but bookcases and and other tiles are gonna look weird. This is not the solution I want, and I would like the implention of more customizisation for textures.

@safermike
I think the easiest method at the moment would be to do like @Waterguy said, and use an event to act as the front face for the drawer or book case. The note tag for the event will probably look something like <mv3d:shape(fence),shadow(0),y(0.51),z(0),rot(0)>

Maybe I could add configurations for north south east and west textures, but I'll have to think about it some more.
---
Now so you understand and know this can look good I want to give an example I made with Ultra mode 7.

Maybe not the best I show you another how customizing textures can make things look good

Now as you can see here I use 3 textures to make this look well.
The fire place is like waterguy said, just add it to the wall, but it looks weird, and can be improved. As he said its the easy way but again thats not what I want.

If you can please add customization so you can actually do things like this if you want.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@safermike
So, I saw your image and... you didn't get what I said.
Don't use the same tile as the wall, use a wood-like tile with height set by a tileset or region setting, and put the events there

Also, I used Ultra Mode 7 before, it only has a camera and events standing up like well... mode7, as the name says, while this plugin makes everything actually 3d. So that image you put before is just an event that looks 3d from this angle while all others would look weird. This plugin's would actually move around no problem as you move the camera.

Also, she has plans for adding support for 3d models later, that is closer to what you want. (I'd rather she focused on the to-do list first though, mainly the animations and bug-squishing (that I think is going well))

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@safermike
You can get that kind of look with this plugin as well, though I'll admit it's a bit difficult to set up.
I'm not saying to push the drawer right up into the wall. You can use another wall tile with a shorter height for the top and side textures, then use the event for the front texture. To get the events to stack on top of each other properly, you need to mess with the x() and y() or pos(). Like in the banner example earlier, I gave to top event y(0.51) and the bottom event y(-0.49)
You'd also probably need to edit the tileset, since events can't use rectangular textures at the moment.

I do want to make it easier to customize the map, but I want to do it in a smart way, so I need to think about the best way of implementing these new features.

How does ultra mode 7 handle these kinds of configurations?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak like the old Mode7 really, just a fake 3d while yours is real. The ground is at an angle, but everything else, sprites, doodads, etc. are your "sprite" setting, flat vertical with distance changing scaling - so if you want a wall you'll need to use an event or doodad to put it there and moving to another angle makes it look a bit worse. I remember people trying to use doodads to make fence and walls with it and having to put one per pixel.

People can't honestly complain though, since as the name says it is mode 7 and that is what mode 7 was.

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i moved the plugins to the js folder and put MV3d in img folder but its still not working

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The_switchify
ok, basic question like "did you turn your computer off and on again" if you already knew, but if this is your first plugin it is important to find out if you knew you had to do this... you may be a beginner after all
did you open the plugin manager (f10) and add the plugins there, babylon first then mv3d-babylon under it?

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The_switchify
ok, basic question like "did you turn your computer off and on again" if you already knew, but if this is your first plugin it is important to find out if you knew you had to do this... you may be a beginner after all
did you open the plugin manager (f10) and add the plugins there, babylon first then mv3d-babylon under it?
So downloaded the files then i opened up my games files and put the "babylon" files in JS folder then i put MV3D in the IMG folder then i opened the game looked in the jigsaw puzzle menu for plugins and did not see anything and this has happend to 3 "test" projects i made

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@safermike
So, I saw your image and... you didn't get what I said.
Don't use the same tile as the wall, use a wood-like tile with height set by a tileset or region setting, and put the events there

Also, I used Ultra Mode 7 before, it only has a camera and events standing up like well... mode7, as the name says, while this plugin makes everything actually 3d. So that image you put before is just an event that looks 3d from this angle while all others would look weird. This plugin's would actually move around no problem as you move the camera.

Also, she has plans for adding support for 3d models later, that is closer to what you want. (I'd rather she focused on the to-do list first though, mainly the animations and bug-squishing (that I think is going well))
No you dont understand what I said. I already did as you said and put the event up against the wall, and I showed you the missing parts in the picture what happens if you put it straight to wall, and change it. I manually changed the butom part so I could show you what I wanted vs what you explained. Like I said I dont want a banner type solution. Putting an event up against the wall is not what I want.

I want the Isometric look and feel which means I need the sides to show aswell, and that cant be done by doing a front or fence mode, but can be done by using flat mode.

@safermike
You can get that kind of look with this plugin as well, though I'll admit it's a bit difficult to set up.
I'm not saying to push the drawer right up into the wall. You can use another wall tile with a shorter height for the top and side textures, then use the event for the front texture. To get the events to stack on top of each other properly, you need to mess with the x() and y() or pos(). Like in the banner example earlier, I gave to top event y(0.51) and the bottom event y(-0.49)
You'd also probably need to edit the tileset, since events can't use rectangular textures at the moment.

I do want to make it easier to customize the map, but I want to do it in a smart way, so I need to think about the best way of implementing these new features.

How does ultra mode 7 handle these kinds of configurations?
Mode 7 uses manipulation of yaw, pitch and fov, while also making your textures.
You then rearrange them to fit together.
Because it just manipulates how things look, camera, and anchor is used in other plugins for events.

You addon does all this except for the part where sides are using the same textures on all sides instead of just the front.

Your plugin already creates the sides and top for the furnitures, but they all use the same textures. If I could add 1 textures to front, 1 to left side, 1 to right side etc. 1 back. But right now it creates the cube but uses the same textures. Manipulating what textures is added is what Im asking for, as you can already do this for the top and inside, but sides are using all 4 sides for 1 texture.

Ok heres a few more pictures.

This is Against the wall

This is showing when roting the camera, its still against wall

This is me just moving it out to get inline with the wall. here im showing the missing pieces using fence. (standing up)

All these are events, not tiles to clearify if any confusion.
Does this mean I need 3 more events for this, 1 for top and 2 for sides? total of 5 events with my previous two for 1 bookcase?

OK I tried with 2 events and 1 tile heres what it looks like

Last edited:

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What am i doing wrong? i keep putting the files in the right places over and over and over and its still not working

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The_switchify you need to put in the right folders, but plugins do nothing if you don't add them in the plugin manager, that you can open in the editor by pressing the F10 button. click twice in an empty space in the list there and choose the plugin to add. There are quite a few youtube videos teaching this, yes. Look for "rpg maker mv how to use plugins" and you should find some.

@safermike well, I did suggest using a tile not-the-same-as-the-wall to give the thing some depth. But yes, as far as I know you'd need two events per side as it is to have two different tiles on two sides.

While it is a good idea, it seems to me that it is kinda a second thought for now. I can't speak for Dread__Nyanak, but I'd prefer that, since it is easily substituted with events, for her not to focus on it for now and finish the to-do list.
Not saying your suggestion does not have merit. After all, I myself did already suggest earlier about being able to set things for specific tiles on the region codes. But did not put too much focus on asking it for now like you are doing because I'd rather her work on finishing what he already set to do. After it is working better we focus on these smaller stuff.

There seems to only be one ******* for now after all, not like she is getting paid much for it for us to give her a headache.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The_switchify
Can you show me a screenshot of your plugin manager so I know what you're seeing?
The plugins go in the js/plugins folder, not the js folder.
After you open the plugin manager, double click on one of the empty slots to add a new plugin.
In the new window that opens, click the Name dropdown menu, and there should be a list of all the plugins in your js/plugins folder.

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its working now the problem all along was that i was putting the scripts in the js folder and not the plugin folder

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
coolboy.PNG
even though i installed the plugin my game is still in 2d what do i do now?

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The_switchify
When a plugin does nothing that usually means there's an error preventing it from working.
Can you run the game, press F12 to open the console, and send me a screenshot of the console?

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when i go in my project and press F12 nothing happens

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have to run the game. Press F12 in-game.

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When i run my game and press F12 in game nothing happens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got a nice little platform coming along backwards compatible with MV.
I'm so amazed at this ABS plugin for MV. This is a plugin that can literally fulfill my biggest game dreams, creating an Ultima VII-like game. Below is a video of a quick scenario I created to test out the plugin. The music in the video is my own composition.

The MZ Steam discussion board is filled with so much whining. Glad I never have to go there, or to any Steam discussion board. Anyway, here's something awesome:
I've been meaning to create a better trailer for my game but it takes time, so for now all I got is the same old trailer with updated footage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tihn