Zeldashu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I make a Chinese version based on the English plugin instructions on Mv3d.cutievirus.com? On the original site, on another jump page of the site (similar to the wiki's multilingual page). I like this plug-in, but I'm not very comfortable using it due to language issues, so I'm going to translate the instructions. It is much more convenient to translate the original document format, and easier to maintain if there are subsequent updates.

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I've noticed that some people have posted examples of 3D model swapping in order to animate an event. However, I can't find the plugin command in MV3D's documentation to swap out an event's assigned .obj model. I'm trying to make an opening chest, I just need to know how to change the event's closed model into the open model. Does anyone who still follows this thread know the answer?

Edit: I figured out how to swap the model, so that's been solved, but it led to a follow-up problem: when I change maps and return, the chest is the closed model again due to it being the default model int he note box. Any solutions on how to get the model swap to stay permanent?

Last edited:

Tolin42

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've noticed that some people have posted examples of 3D model swapping in order to animate an event. However, I can't find the plugin command in MV3D's documentation to swap out an event's assigned .obj model. I'm trying to make an opening chest, I just need to know how to change the event's closed model into the open model. Does anyone who still follows this thread know the answer?

Edit: I figured out how to swap the model, so that's been solved, but it led to a follow-up problem: when I change maps and return, the chest is the closed model again due to it being the default model int he note box. Any solutions on how to get the model swap to stay permanent?

Your easiest solution here would probably be to trigger a self-switch that activates a second event page, autoruns the model switch and then ends event processing... that should change the model from its default over the the open chest variant.

NotFlamingo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to set a movement route via script so that the event moves in straight line but will start at z 4 and will end at z 0? Edit: added picture.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@piksalh, if it's going down, then you can just change the X,Y, and it should automatically go won from cliffs if the option is checked in configuration tab. If no, just use go through.

Edit: @Dread_Nyanak , I noticed that there is still problem while changing event graphic. It shows weirds things for a while while changing graphic to the one from another char-sheet. Can you guys fix that?

Last edited:

Joker009

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
C.pngpassage.pngcorner.png
Can I make this shapes by using one single event?
This shapes are using 2-3 events.
If someone make it , please teach me how to do.

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We know how hard it is to create all the necessary assets for a character of your game.

Thinking about it, we decided to collaborate with the community creating the Full Character Pack, including all the necessary assets for a character, made with high quality.

Take a look!

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A

How do you swap the model? What's the command?

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
With Lilac Throwable Events : Version - 1.0.0 .... ( for MV )

11.gif

can you fix it ?

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that development of my game is coming along well, i'm also testing on other computers. And on lower end computers, i am getting lag on big maps. What options can edited to improve how it runs? Render distance doesn't actually seem to influence this a lot, while mipmapping and "Update all events in render distance" did improve the lag (but i'm not sure at what costs that might be?). Any insight on this would be very helpful!

Last edited:

Rikyu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most of the times when someone asks why the game laggs with mv3d its because of to many events on a map. You can have thousands of models if they are not to high poly on a single map without any laggs. The most time I ran into performance issues then it was cuz of way to many events. Reduce the amount and try to split your bigger maps into smaller ones.

How do you swap the model? What's the command?
use the model(filename.obj) function for that you can swap to any model in your folder back and forth

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update version 0.6.5
✔️MZ3D and MV3D now build from the same code base, ensuring feature parity
✔️Added "base height" configuration option
✔️Sprite offset now changes dynamically with camera angle
✔️fix relative pixel texture coordinates on second half of B+ tilesheet
✔️allow relative texture coordinates for events with tile graphic
✔️fix player with 3d model crashing on transfer
✔️fix camera not following disabled characters properly
✔️ fix broken animated tiles in mz3d
✔️ fix pixel textures for cross shape

mostly bug fixes, but I changed a lot of the back end stuff so developing for both MV and MZ should be easier now.

The new version of the plugin can be found at itch.io or patroen. There is also now a free demo of mz3d available on itch.io.

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not sure if this has already been asked, and searching has a been a bit fruitless, but can this be used with things like the old PVGames High Fantasy tiles/characters? I'm not sure what sort of limitations there might be on character heights and whatnot for this, if any. One would need to scale the tiles up for MV's editor and use Change Tile Size to reduce them back down to their original 32x32 quality too, which I am unsure is compatible with this plugin.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this has already been asked, and searching has a been a bit fruitless, but can this be used with things like the old PVGames High Fantasy tiles/characters? I'm not sure what sort of limitations there might be on character heights and whatnot for this, if any. One would need to scale the tiles up for MV's editor and use Change Tile Size to reduce them back down to their original 32x32 quality too, which I am unsure is compatible with this plugin.
How would you go about buildings as such? You can't use all the premade buildings and such probably as the perspective would be off? I'm doing the same as your idea except with Time Fantasy instead of PVGames resources. I don't see too much issues with characters, ground tiles etc. But the building would be made from scratch with the existing graphics as bases for textures etc. That's what I did at least. Example result:

enikogameplay1.png

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How would you go about buildings as such? You can't use all the premade buildings and such probably as the perspective would be off? I'm doing the same as your idea except with Time Fantasy instead of PVGames resources. I don't see too much issues with characters, ground tiles etc. But the building would be made from scratch with the existing graphics as bases for textures etc. That's what I did at least. Example result:

View attachment 173560
Oh this is with the OLD High Fantasy stuff xD back when it was all tile-based. Not the Medieval packs which had the premade buildings. But if Change Tile Size works with the MV3D plugin, then I am golden! I wanted to do a first person Might and Magic/Ultima Underworld type game with them and this plugin.

I love what you're doing, can't wait to see more of that ^^

Last edited:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to have semi transparancy in character sets in MV3D? Semi transparancy works without MV3D but with it looks like this: (sun beam on top is what it looks like as a character set, there's no semi transparancy so it looks weird, the left is how it should look like with semi transparancy, that's a picture, but i can't use pictures in this case):

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 11.46.33.png

BigJoshieC

Rip Van Winkle III
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: Solved. I forgot I was making the character transparent when switching to first person. My bad.
Is it just me or does it seem like the lamp and flashlight for the player character do not work in first person in MZ3D? First image shows it working but second image is if I enter the same cave in first person. I'm testing this in the MZ3D supplied project.
lampworking.PNGlampnotworking.PNG

Last edited:

cuzisaidso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I noticed that when using the tileset, SF Outside, the grass tile (set A, tile 2,0) and applying a height, the block that is displayed is the wrong view. I am using the mv3d 0.6.5 version of the program.

2D view
2dview of map.PNG

3D view (the results)
3dside view.PNG

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiear12d