Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have an issue that I hope someone familiar with this plugin can help with. When changing the camera angle while moving in a constant direction, the player sprite flashes between two different orientations. This happens because the sprite is trying to update its orientation to the new camera angle while the player is continuously holding down a movement key, causing the sprite’s direction to change. I hope that description made sense.

Does anyone know a solution to this? The obvious fix would be to disable the sprite’s orientation change when the camera is rotated while moving. Kind of like how direction fix works in vanilla MV. I can’t figure out how to do this though. Any help is much appreciated.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ultrahispeed I'm using Moghunter's Chrono Engine (has an ABS option), but you'll need to fix some bugs for it to work.

Just curious about an idea I have: is there a way to lock the camera from following the character going south or north and only follow the character if it goes east or west?
You could run a parallel event that checks which direction the player is moving and stops targeting the player if he moves north or south.

Btw if anyone else is struggling with my problem in the previous post, two things will mitigate the issue. Slower camera speed and pixel movement. It took both of them together to fully get rid of it. Would still be nice if someone knows a solution for people who don’t want pixel movement though.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Rugman, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[dpost]@Rugman[/dpost]
I thought I could cheat the rules by responding to a previous post but you’ve caught me red handed. Maybe this post is also breaking the rules. Please don’t fire me boss.

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello there!,

since has been a while, i would like to ask.... are you still planning to add 3d support for the battle scene ? , and would be on mv?

JankyMouse

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this awesome plugin Cutie. :rock-left: I've already posted on your website a couple times but I can't wait to get the full version next payday. :LZYwink:
I know it's come up several times but are you planning to still or has anyone already made a compatibility update for this and MOGChronoEngine/MOGCharPoses (The frame fighting & sheet sizing)? I already made a temp workaround for the item drops but the character frame handling is still scuffed. If anyone could share their update that would be awesome otherwise I think I'm going to dig into it myself and see what I can do. Thank you!

cuzisaidso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Are there any suggestions for moonlight settings? Is this a combination of fog, ambient, and light? I'm trying to get an idea for angles and perhaps subtle light.

Last edited:

shokteenik

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to increase the amount of light sources on a map from eight? Whenever I add more than eight, the rest of the lights seem to not appear.

cuzisaidso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to increase the amount of light sources on a map from eight? Whenever I add more than eight, the rest of the lights seem to not appear.

Can you supply a bit more explanation? I have a map with at least 13 different light sources and I'm not having any issues.

Benlitzler

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello ! I recently opted for the premium version in order to be able to insert 3D models from OBJ files, the thing is that on the demo, it works perfectly, but on the other hand, after updating my project , can't put 3D models, someone would know if something needs to be activated or is it because I started working from a demo version ?

Edit: I created a new project to try, and indeed on a new project it works, so it comes from my project directly, how would I fix that?

Edit AGAIN: Well, I found a solution, I just give it in case someone looks for the answer on the forum:
First you have to deactivate mv3D then delete it in the modules manager. Then you have to delete MV3D in the plugins folder.
And there then it is enough simply to put the new version of MV3D and to activate it in the module manager.

Last edited:

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know how to get Lighting/Fog to use RGB values (and variables) instead of hex? While the documentation doesn't mention anything about using RGB values, there are parts in the plugins code that do use "0,0,0,0" RGB values and using hex values isn't a viable option at the moment for certain situations that I'm doing.

EDIT

I managed to get some help regarding this. In this example below, I'll be setting the Fog.

First, use three Control Variables with what values you want (0 to 255) for Red, Green and Blue. Next, use a Script Call with the following code (Change XXX, YYY and ZZZ to the Variable ID's being used).

function componentToHex(c) {
var hex = c.toString(16);
return hex.length == 1 ? "0" + hex : hex;
}
function rgbToHex(r, g, b) {
return "#" + componentToHex(r) + componentToHex(g) + componentToHex(b);
}
let hexColour = rgbToHex($gameVariables.value(XXX),$gameVariables.value(YYY),$gameVariables.value(ZZZ));

mv3d.command('fog',hexColour,10,30,180);

The last 3 values are for Start Distance, End Distance and Transition Time (180 = 3 second). You can use a mix of standard values and/or variable calls (eg = 10, $gameVariables.value(1), $gameVariables.value(3)).

Last edited:

Hunters12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
any idea how to completely disable diagonal camera in first person ?

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you, Dread Nyanak, for continuing to work on the plugin!

If anyone can help, I was wondering how to stop the camera panning up from the bottom of the map/under the map whenever I turn the plugin on. I don't get why the camera views starts at the bottom of or underneath the map.

any idea how to completely disable diagonal camera in first person ?
What's diagonal camera? The camera settings I use for first person view are, they might help:

[ISPOILER]pov.PNG[/ISPOILER]

Radlerdani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to go in a 3D Mode via Action Sequence from yanfly?
The Camera go 5-10% (enough to create a room effect) down.

greetz

jwilson

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
greetings, today I would like to know if it's possible to transfer saved and edited projects from one computer to another. and which graphic will GTA render to the exportation?

because to be more precise, the main idea that I had in mind was to record a bunch of scenes, edit them on my crappy computer and then export them and render those with a better graphic on a more powerful computer of a friend.

so the main idea would be to use the more powerful computer for rendering due to its a superior graphic card ( 3070. )

is that possible?

or it will be rendered with the graphic that has been shot ( crappy computer )?

( P.S. no, I can't work on the powerful computer to the get-go for a few reasons. the first one being, I don't own that computer. second of all, for the first reason, ( which it's kinda linked ) I can't use it that much because my friend it's busy working on others aspects. so that's why I'm recording and editing stuff on my end. so that he can work on something else.)

Kcluuqczeas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, is there any tutorial for texturing tiles? I've havent been able to find one... I want to give tiles textures from the tileset, but not an entire tile, I want to use the pixel inputs to give a certain zone of the tileset as a texture, but I dont understand how to do it.
Thanks

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tiamat-86 wrote on Andar's profile.
tfw just trying to help and get yelled at. /comfort
:LZSooo: Gotcha Gotcha Games... have launched an official discord server for RPG Maker. :LZSooo:

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EF2L