TsukiTheLunatic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, sorry if it's a repeated question but I've been seeing the work that many have done with this plugin and I feel that someone could advise me, I'm a little new with rpgmv3d but does anyone have any tips on making furniture? I only have the non-premium version and so far I've used the a2 tables to make beds and
counters but I have difficulty with cabinet etc. How do you guys make your furniture? Or would I need the premium version for the desired effect?

Ludi_Tarantula

A duo of a diligent snake and a chaotic spider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If this topic is still alive: the test models don't seem to work in the model test: they just don't appear.
Does someone else have the same problem?
-ELE

cuzisaidso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Has anyone successfully uploaded this and played on a web browser? I'm having issues on chrome and edge. In firefox, it came up and then crashed.

1643835439365.png

cuzisaidso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Just wanted to add some information. I'm using 0.7.2 and I think it's the skybox function. I'm still hunting the issue down.

Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can it be made so I can fall down a pit of a tile is located in the A-Tileset?
I have bigger sprites and graphics so 1height is passable but I can't fall down in pits that are for example 6 depth? any suggestion?

EDIT: Solved

Last edited:

TakumaGao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I need a little help with this plugin...

I ONLY want it to display in 3D (in first person) within dungeons. Otherwise, I want it to use the normal RPG Maker MZ 2D view. I've figured out how to get it to display in first person in the dungeon, but I can't figure out how to use the normal 2D view outside of dungeons. I tried a couple different things but either they didn't work, or it caused the game to lock up... so... not sure what I'm doing wrong... How do I achieve the effect I want?

Second question: Within the first person dungeons, is there a way to make events not turn with the player's view? Like if I have a treasure chest at the end of a hallway, I don't want the flat chest image to spin around when the player begins to turn back the other way.

Third question: Is there a way to force the player to commit to their turning in first person view? Like I don't want you to have full rotation control, where you could wobble the camera back and forth by turning side to side. I want it where if you press Left for example, your character will be forced to make the full turn to the left side before you can turn another direction. Is there any way to achieve this effect?

Lastly: Can I control the scale of events? As it stands, a chest will take up almost the entire view of the player. Is there a way I can make an event appear as half it's normal size?

cuzisaidso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I need a little help with this plugin...

I ONLY want it to display in 3D (in first person) within dungeons. Otherwise, I want it to use the normal RPG Maker MZ 2D view. I've figured out how to get it to display in first person in the dungeon, but I can't figure out how to use the normal 2D view outside of dungeons. I tried a couple different things but either they didn't work, or it caused the game to lock up... so... not sure what I'm doing wrong... How do I achieve the effect I want?

Second question: Within the first person dungeons, is there a way to make events not turn with the player's view? Like if I have a treasure chest at the end of a hallway, I don't want the flat chest image to spin around when the player begins to turn back the other way.

Third question: Is there a way to force the player to commit to their turning in first person view? Like I don't want you to have full rotation control, where you could wobble the camera back and forth by turning side to side. I want it where if you press Left for example, your character will be forced to make the full turn to the left side before you can turn another direction. Is there any way to achieve this effect?

Lastly: Can I control the scale of events? As it stands, a chest will take up almost the entire view of the player. Is there a way I can make an event appear as half it's normal size?
1. Just disable by using disable() at your point of exit.
2. You're probably using a sprite()as the object. Either use the object as a wall, or better yet, use a 3D object.
3. Not sure about that one.
4. Use scale(#,#).

Most of this information is in the documentation.

cuzisaidso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
How can it be made so I can fall down a pit of a tile is located in the A-Tileset?
I have bigger sprites and graphics so 1height is passable but I can't fall down in pits that are for example 6 depth? any suggestion?
Use a jump event and "jump" down to the next tile.

TakumaGao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1. Just disable by using disable() at your point of exit.
2. You're probably using a sprite()as the object. Either use the object as a wall, or better yet, use a 3D object.
3. Not sure about that one.
4. Use scale(#,#).

Most of this information is in the documentation.

Well, when I load into the game, it loads into 3D mode instead of 2D mode. How do I stop that from happening? And like I said, when I tried to disable it, it caused the game to lock up. Maybe I'm doing the event wrong somehow? How should it be? And what are those () you mentioned for? Is that part of the command?

How do I make a chest into a 3D object?

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a similar setup and I'm doing it this way:

In the Plugin Manager -> MV3D -> Map defaults, I globally disable MV3D. Then in the note tags of the Dungeon Map, I add

Code:
<mv3d>enable(true)</mv3d>

to enable it.

I'm not on my laptop so typos might occur.

Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to be able to walk through some 3D objects even if events aren't walkable.
I made a 3D object like high grass and put it on "o" but I can't walk through the grass and I don't want the player to be able to walk on all events like chests, signs and stuff. only through high grass.

EDIT: Solved, had to change the height to under my passable settings. the model will visually still stay as it is but the height in code is height(0.05). Might turn it down to 0 as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried turn all plugins off and one by one on again and still won't work.
It have worked for the whole time but encountered it yesterday and then suddenly it worked again today but just now after a full day of working, it appeared again.
What could be causing this?

I have a big map and use 3d models(premium).

What more info do you need to help me out with this?

#help #mv3d

Untitled-2.png

Dr_Applemango

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Somebody help me
I am making Slopes but this error appear..
nw_bVM534iI8E.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macaronnnnnnnn