Mobiusco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright so I tried it and here's what happened. The controls work fine when facing forward or backwards, but they invert when you turn the camera to the right or the left. Here's a video showcasing this, I press W, S, A, and D and I go forward, backwards, left and right just like normal. I then turn the camera to the right and do the exact same thing and W now sends me backwards, S sends me forwards, etc.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright so I tried it and here's what happened. The controls work fine when facing forward or backwards, but they invert when you turn the camera to the right or the left. Here's a video showcasing this, I press W, S, A, and D and I go forward, backwards, left and right just like normal. I then turn the camera to the right and do the exact same thing and W now sends me backwards, S sends me forwards, etc.

I see.
But if that is all that is wrong, this is great progress.
Let's try subtracting the camera yaw instead of adding now:

JavaScript:
var _mv3d_SAN_AM_PlayerMover_updateVelocityByInput = PlayerMover.prototype.updateVelocityByInput;
PlayerMover.prototype.updateVelocityByInput = function() {
    _mv3d_SAN_AM_PlayerMover_updateVelocityByInput.call(this);
    if (!mv3d.isDisabled()) {
        var velVecLen = this._velVec._len + 0.0;
        var velVecDir = (this._velVec._dir - Vector.degToRad(mv3d.blendCameraYaw.currentValue()))%(Math.PI*2);
        this._velVec = Vector.polar(velVecLen, velVecDir);
    }
};

Mobiusco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tried it, everything works perfectly now, thank you so much for the help :) . Controls are consistent in all directions. Just one question, am I able to look up or down with the mouse, and if yes, how so? I haven't explored MV3D's options all that much yet.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure. In third person you can set it to control the camera with the mouse but never tried in first person.
That said, the way it is implemented in third person is not my favorite. Every movement of the mouse changes the camera, not when you hold a key or something.

But I do know someone named AmalgamAsh once made a plugin to improve controls on a gamepad, maybe that would help?

TsukiTheLunatic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I having a problem them when i dash my character go though walls i dont know if is a problem with the plugin our rpg maker mv, has anyone encouter this problem too?

FlickerBee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, not sure if this has been answered already but I keep getting this error on startup and I haven't found a way to fix it. I tried on both just the demo and on my own project. Mycurrent rpg maker mv version is 1.5.129629762392.png

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, not sure if this has been answered already but I keep getting this error on startup and I haven't found a way to fix it. I tried on both just the demo and on my own project. Mycurrent rpg maker mv version is 1.5.1View attachment 245845
It only works on rpg maker 1.6.1 and above (well, technically 1.6.2 is the exact same thing anywhere but in japan, all it had as a change from 1.6.1 was a japan-exclusive feature removed)
That is because it requires features of javascript ES6, something that was only added properly on those versions.

FlickerBee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It only works on rpg maker 1.6.1 and above (well, technically 1.6.2 is the exact same thing anywhere but in japan, all it had as a change from 1.6.1 was a japan-exclusive feature removed)
That is because it requires features of javascript ES6, something that was only added properly on those versions.
Thank you so much!

Phacey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dread_Nyanak and @Zekken and whoever else said they wanted SRD's Character Creator Ex compatible with this...
I did it! It was complicated, stressed me for a bit and everything, but now I tested it and I'm pretty sure all CCEx does on normal sprites this one allows with the 3d characters.
It was not easy, but actually doing it is so satisfying...

I put all CCEx plugins, that is SuperTools, the original and my enhancement plugin (but I'm pretty sure you won't need it), above mv3d, and this one bellow it.
it isn't working, it keeps giving me the error message Cannot read property "hasSetImage" of undefined

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you putting my plugin bellow both character creator ex and mv3d in the plugin manager? Because plugin order matters in rpg maker, and this error seems to be from something my patch checks from those two that is not there.

else... something from the more recent versions, maybe? There have been some time since I made it...
I'll have to look into it later.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure why this issue is happening but I'm using MZ3D and Visustella Events Movement Core and for some reason the plugin command that allows you to add icons to events does not work with MZ3D on. It doesn't produce an error in the console or anything, just no event icon shows up.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure why this issue is happening but I'm using MZ3D and Visustella Events Movement Core and for some reason the plugin command that allows you to add icons to events does not work with MZ3D on. It doesn't produce an error in the console or anything, just no event icon shows up.
Why it happens is: MZ3D, as well as MV3D, makes a 3d model of the map and shows it instead of the 2d one. The 2d one is still there, but invisible and covered by the 3d one.

That means any visual effects that would affect the 2d map need to be adapted to the 3d one, or they will either not be visible at all, be under the map, or over the map like a hud.

If over the map like a hud there is a chance it may still appear properly, after all mv3d had screen position aliased from the very early versions so things like Yanfly's Message Core could position the message box over the player and events. But if it is set on the same layer as the map... then no, it won't show up unless someone made a patch.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why it happens is: MZ3D, as well as MV3D, makes a 3d model of the map and shows it instead of the 2d one. The 2d one is still there, but invisible and covered by the 3d one.

That means any visual effects that would affect the 2d map need to be adapted to the 3d one, or they will either not be visible at all, be under the map, or over the map like a hud.

If over the map like a hud there is a chance it may still appear properly, after all mv3d had screen position aliased from the very early versions so things like Yanfly's Message Core could position the message box over the player and events. But if it is set on the same layer as the map... then no, it won't show up unless someone made a patch.
ohh okay that makes more sense now, thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

render000.png
been using old character designs I had from high school for npcs in my game. seeing as the original idea of my game was a comic, I've got a LOT of designs for characters sitting around. a lot of people aren't a part of the story anymore, so I'll make 'em npcs.
I am doing the evaluation of the feedback from the students who played my game and the comments are killing me. "it was good, we just did not have any smart trains of thought" xD
My goal this month will be to get back to organizing assets and make a prototype scene with multiple airships hovering or flying over the world map.
Having a hard time getting playtesters for one of my Unity games. No one seems to be interested. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucifer821