Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What version of MV are you using? ( click Help > About )
Try F8 as well. Maybe F12 doesn't work in old versions.

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what could i do to fix it?

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a heads up, the mods might get upset at you if you double post like that. You should edit your posts instead.

Anyway, the problem is I'm using some newer javascript features that aren't supported in 1.5. You'll need to update to 1.6 for the plugin to work.

I should probably add babel to my build process so I can support 1.5. Until then you'll just need to update.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The_switchify do you use steam? if so it should update automatically unless you didn't let it on the settings.
if you bought on the site you'll have to download the new version.

And yeah, most new plugins are for version 1.6 forward. some work on older versions still but were not tested, but others don't. Many plugins will have a warning telling you about that, that they were only tested on version x forward.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
Alright how do I make an event sprite like a chair to always facing south, but still being a sprite?

Edit: To clearify I dont want it to always face camera but stay in position, kinda like fence, but for sprite.

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
huh i guess im not using the plugin then

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@safermike
To prevent a sprite from changing when you rotate the camera, it either needs to be on an object character sheet ( starting with ! ), or have <mv3d: dirfix(true)> in the note tag.

@The_switchify
you should be able to download the latest version from where you originally downloaded the program. I assume this website.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@safermike
To prevent a sprite from changing when you rotate the camera, it either needs to be on an object character sheet ( starting with ! ), or have <mv3d: dirfix(true)> in the note tag.
Using the notetag is not working correctly <mv3d: dirfix(true)> in notetag of the sprite.

It still rotates towards the camera

Maybe missing a variable?

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@safermike
dirfix(true) Makes it so the sprite image doesn't change when the camera rotates.
To make it so the sprite mesh doesn't rotate, you need to change the event's shape. <mv3d:shape(fence)>
Shape options are flat, fence, sprite, tree, and cross.
Flat will lay flat on the ground.
Fence will stand up and ignore camera rotation.
Tree will stand up and rotate horizontally with camera.
Sprite will rotate both vertically and horizontally to face camera
Cross will use a cross mesh, like the chair by the table.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh, so you can use sprite on tiles? nice, didn't know that!

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@safermike
dirfix(true) Makes it so the sprite image doesn't change when the camera rotates.
To make it so the sprite mesh doesn't rotate, you need to change the event's shape. <mv3d:shape(fence)>
Shape options are flat, fence, sprite, tree, and cross.
Flat will lay flat on the ground.
Fence will stand up and ignore camera rotation.
Tree will stand up and rotate horizontally with camera.
Sprite will rotate both vertically and horizontally to face camera
Cross will use a cross mesh, like the chair by the table.
yep I read all of that before aswell. Fence and trees are doing somewhat ok, so is cross. But this is not really good on objects

I show here

Why is events and sprites making this look weird? This is probably fine on trees and flowrers but not generally objects.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@safermike
That's the cross shape, working exactly as intended. It's two planes at 90 degrees from each other.
I'm not really sure what look you're going for. Personally I would use the tree shape for this sort of thing.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@Dread_Nyanak
Well I want the object to face south, dont rotate with camera and stand up. This is normally fence, but fence lacks the depth on the object and just shows front and back. So when camera is rotating it will just be perfect? or do I need to think like the bookcase, or drawer and make event + tile?

Im probably missing something simple here.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@safermike
There's not really an easy solution here. 2D images inherently lack depth.
What I would do is break the stool into 2 textures, one with the top of the stool and one with the legs. Then use 2 events. The event with the legs will use the cross shape, and the top of the stool will use the flat shape with z() or height() to lift it off the ground.

In the future I plan on adding the ability to import 3D models, but this will also require the knowledge to create the model.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter yeah, that's not how you do it.
if you look into the demo you can see it better, maps for this plugin are made different than normal maps. Tiles that go over each other need to be put ont over the other on the same tile, not on two tiles like you did. Walls can't be set like this, you'll have to put just the ceiling (well kinda, some notetag use can let you use wall instead of ceiling but you won't put two tiles for the wall like you did there anyway). For tiles to "pop out" you'll need to either set a terrain tag in the tileset or use an event with the proper notetags.
it is a lot of small differences you'll only learn to use properly by checking the demo and experimenting to see the results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hosting a private game jam...might have smthng to post soon if I can fix these dang parallaxes.
Oof it's been a while...well I'm back to stay!
Gosh I hate fireworks. Especially if you cant even see em. Its just noise. Noise that scares my pets.
Some (totally) differfent (more traditional) Goblin faces...

what do you guys think?
My game = 4.5k hours, 4 years+ and should be done in 3 weeks!!

OMG so excited!

I plan to finish before my b day, July 21st.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viewtifuljoe