safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
Hi again! I got a new question.

On actor sprites, when camera rotates, the character switches to another sprite in the character sheet. Right now in the demo it switches by 90 degree each rotation to a total of 4 times (south, left, right, up), in order to stay true to direction fix. If I were to use a character sheet with 8 directions, is the camera going to follow all 8 directions or just stay on all 4?.

During camera turn it rotates 90 degree once camera stops, but during that window it still turns 45 degree. Will it use a character frame during that window?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@safermike I was going to ask about this earlier but then... it may depend on the plugin used for the 8dir.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
I been looking into Qmovement with qsprite, VE diagonal movement, and galvs diagonal movement, and cannot get them to work properly with this plugin. I normally use Qplugins since they are very good for mv.

With Qmovement the game loads but character is stuck and cannot move.
Galv's diagonal movement loads, but wont change to diagonal sprites while moving diagonally.

VE diagonal movement, stuck on loading screen does not accept my %name.png sprite sprite sheet.
it somehows acccept my qsprite sheet, with this addon but since its not arrranged properly its not good.

I need a working diagonal movement addon to test this properly so I can check camera etc.

Edit: ok I got Ve digonal movement working. It changes to diagonal sprites if you have them on sprite sheet.

But camera is not following it so it still remains with just 4 directions change.

Edit: Tested by using plugin command mv3d yaw +45 and it wont change sprite on 45 degrees but everytime it hits 90 it does, aka 4 times.

Is this a feature that can be added? it changes for each 45 instead of just 90 degrees?

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@safermike
the thing is, as you saw yourself, it is something implemented differently with each 8-dir plugin.
Meaning that to make it compatible she'd need to choose one and do it, then choose another and do for it too, and so on. It is not something like aliasing the source code, where you can add to changes made by others with no problem.

She can make her own version of it later, but would take away from the already-made plans. A blanket compatibility patch to all 8-dir plugins like you seem to want is a bit too much to do, and choosing only one to do compatibility for kinda cuts away people wanting to do others.

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sort of minor issue here - I'm using the Character Creator EX plugin, but my created characters don't show up in MV3D. CCEX works fine in normal MV. Not a dealbreaker as I can (if need be) just go straight 1st person but a problem with that is I'm also using Alpha ABS and it seems to kind of work in 3rd person (I think the main issues I ran into with that are just a matter of button mapping) but enemies don't respond to my presence in 1st person.

Lastly (for now), there are a couple of thrones in tileset Inside_B. The images occupy 6 tiles each. Is it possible to puff those images up to appear 3d?

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter You are doing it wrong. If you want to do a wall just use unly top piece of it. Btw. you gave us 3 different pictures.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@safermike
the thing is, as you saw yourself, it is something implemented differently with each 8-dir plugin.
Meaning that to make it compatible she'd need to choose one and do it, then choose another and do for it too, and so on. It is not something like aliasing the source code, where you can add to changes made by others with no problem.

She can make her own version of it later, but would take away from the already-made plans. A blanket compatibility patch to all 8-dir plugins like you seem to want is a bit too much to do, and choosing only one to do compatibility for kinda cuts away people wanting to do others.
Im simple stating what works at the moment with the plugin. MV already have diagonal movement in its engine , but its not activated, which is where these plugins come in and do, activate it. But ya adding patches for each plugin would probably take even more work.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sacrifyx CCEx does not take the image from an image file, but saves the image pieces and builds them when called. Something that calls for the original image file for the character like this one needs a patch to work with it. It is why it had to be patched later to be compatible with plugins that call face image like yanfly's save core.

The Alpha ABS problem is a weird one though... since while things involving the view change the events' position on the map is the same, so unless it doesn't use tiles to check positions, like a pixel movement plugin, I don't know what the issue could be...

And I am dealing with a similar issue on my project... turning them into an event could help but is not really a solution, I think...

@seaotter do not put walls, put the ceiling, it is set already on the tileset of the demo to make walls. And those events have notetags for when on the ground, to put on the walls you need to adjust the height on the notetag to go under where they are.

@safermike it has diagonal movement, yes... but on move routes, not for the player's buttons. It also has no graphics for them. The plugins add the way to move like that through keys, and the access to the graphics - thus why the plugin can use diagonal graphics when walking diagonally. But as by the default code that side does not exist, it needs to be added to this plugin to be able to be useable when turning the camera too.

safermike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swedish
Primarily Uses
@Waterguy
No need to explain how it it works, I am well aware of it.
The plugin isnt completely compatible with other plugins such as those mentioned right now, that just means I have to to wait for more updates.

Making your own models or sprites isnt a problem, atleast not to me or anyone interested in this, but adding customizations or patches that enables the use of extra functions so you can use your models or sprites is important.

I would like to use this plugin with other plugins aswell.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How in the hell... this is witchcraft.

Congrats on making it work!

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do plan on supporting some other plugins eventually, but it's not super high on my list of priorities at the moment. I need to implement the support in a way that won't be a nightmare to maintain.

@Sacrifyx
For the throne I would recommend moving it into a character sheet.

Currently working on dynamic shadows

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been asked a few times but I cant find the answer, is there command to enable/disable this plugin?

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Danielcross
Not currently. Closest you can get right now is using orthographic mode which looks similar to 2D.
I think I'll add the feature to disable the plugin for certain maps in a future update though, because it seems like people want it.

Dread_Nyanak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@seaotter
The top and bottom of the pillar should be in the same tile. Remove star passability, and give the pillar terrain tag 1.

MORINGA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Author: Dread/Nyanak
Version 0.3.2

A 3D rendering plugin for RPG Maker MV.

Wall tiles (A3 and A4) are transformed into 3D walls, allowing you to easily create 3D maps.
Regions and terrain tags can also be used to control the height of tiles.

The airship will collide with walls if it isn't flying high enough. However you can change how high it flies using plugin commands.

Plugin also supports 3D lighting as well as plugin commands to control the lighting and flashlights. Plugin does not support dynamic shadows, they don't work well with transparent textures in three.js.

You can control the camera distance, pitch, and yaw, and change between perspective and orthographic modes.
You can make 3D dungeon crawlers as well as isometric games if you want. You can even mix multiple styles into the same game, for example have the overworld be 3rd person or isometric, and the dungeons be 1st person dungeon crawlers.
See the screenshots below to see how it looks.

Big 3D castle

A simple hedgemaze example.

Dungeon crawling

Orthographic camera

Flashlight

To improve the light quality you can change the "subdivision" parameter in the plugin settings. This option gives each tile more polygons, which helps the lights look smoother.

Download on Github

The plugin comes with two scripts, three.js and MV3D.js. Both need to be loaded, and in that order.
There is also a folder called MV3D. This just holds a few image files right now, but I might use it for 3D model loading in the future. This folder also needs to be put in your project directory.

Todo:
  • ✔Pan camera with plugin commands
  • ✔Demo project (available but not finished)
  • ✔Switch rendering to Babylon.js
  • ✔Improve performance
  • Dynamic shadows
  • Slopes
  • Animations
  • Bug squishing
Possible future features:
  • Non-tile-based movement
  • Control camera with mouse / touch
  • load 3d models
  • VR mode
Feel free to use this plugin in commercial projects if you want.
If you use this plugin please credit me as Dread/Nyanak or Dread_Nyanak.
If you want to share this plugin with others then please link them either to this thread or to my github repository.
Wow that's really amazing!! Congrats!
Q: is this the ******* where one can donate [for this project]? Cause, really, this is worth it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I wanna try making my game into an app because that sounds cool but I am so lost on how to :kaocry:
I found some tutorial but they all seem to use an older android studio(2.3.3)? I think the current version is 4.0.1?
is there an updated tutorial or do I need to find a way to get 2.3.3.?
My heart goes out to the family of Cannon Hinnant. Shame on all major news networks in America for not reporting that a 5 year old was executed by a grown man. Absolutely disgusting.
I hope Turkey and Greece can settle on the resources dispute peacefully.
whos hyped for rpg maker mz :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pidogec780