MVFU (Like Kung Fu.) - Nice conversion for VX/Ace assets

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, I can cancel them :) thanks for the heads up!

I might actually bring the site down until I can move it over to DigitalOcean, as the current state of affairs is pretty dire.

SentaiBrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is it possible to port this in to an application instead of it being web based? Maybe Java? It would save on funky server hosts but I don't know your language of choice and from previous posts I assume you don't have a lot of free time.

Either way I very much appreciate the work that saved me several hours and I'll take it in any way that I can get it. I shudder the thought of having to manually do this... I just wish I went faster because now I have to wait to progress. :p

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Unfortunately due to the nature of the application (relying on waifu's API) it makes more sense to run it as a website - queueing requests from a bunch of client applications would require a web layer that would essentially be the same thing as the website, and is just another layer of abstraction that ultimately would have the same issues, and as you mentioned it'd take more time than building/maintaining the website. Unfortunately the server host thing is a hiccup that does happen if you have a crappy host like I do, but as I mentioned that won't be an issue once I move to a decent hosting solution :)

SentaiBrad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well unless something more official came about this is life or death for projects that want to port over to MV, so either way I am grateful and patient. :p

I know what you mean with API's, I work on a project called LaunchBox. It is a front end for Retro and Current Games (everything), we use a lot of API in metadata management (Steam, Wikipedia, GamesDB, MobyGames, EmuMovies).

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Update on the situation:

I figured I could get this going pretty quickly on Digital Ocean, so I've ported everything across and it's all working... except for domain name propagation (at the time of writing). So Hopefully at some point in the next 24 hours http://www.kickbackgames.com/mvfu will work again, but for now we are at the mercy of the DNS wizards.

I'll update here when it's fully up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Donation sent. I really didn't take this seriously at all to begin with, but I'm actually impressed with what you've done here. From the algorithms used, right down to the user-interface. Fantastic job!

Using resized VX/A sprites with the "softened" look of the RMMV tileset conversion makes for acceptable visuals, imo.

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the donation!

I've got lots of features and improvements planned, so all of the donations help me to realise those improvements!

Feature requests and ideas are also very welcome :)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Neat. Gonna be checking this soon :)

Davosk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Serbia
Primarily Uses
Hi there! This site seemed like it would be cool for transferring and then I came to a problem. I don't know if custom iconsets work, if they don't this question is useless, but it happened that I downloaded the custom iconset and uploaded it as a .png file. The bar turned to orange and read getting ready, then it gave me an error saying it's not a .png file. Please help! I checked the resolution and it's 384p wide, but about 15,000p long. Is that the problem?

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi there! This site seemed like it would be cool for transferring and then I came to a problem. I don't know if custom iconsets work, if they don't this question is useless, but it happened that I downloaded the custom iconset and uploaded it as a .png file. The bar turned to orange and read getting ready, then it gave me an error saying it's not a .png file. Please help! I checked the resolution and it's 384p wide, but about 15,000p long. Is that the problem?

Yup, the server only detects files small than 4095x4095 as valid PNGs. I don't really have any plans to fix this at the moment as larger sheets do not fit the expected sizes anyway; the sizes listed on the site are the exact sizes it is expecting (so for icon sets, they MUST be exactly 384x384 or 384x936 pixels for it to recognise them as icons and resize them). Your best option for doing a sheet of that size is to split it into 384x936 images and convert them one by one using MVFU, then recombine them. The list of supported files and sizes is (for reference - it's on the site too!):

•  VX/Ace Character Sheet (384x256)
  •  DS Character Sheet (288x256)
  •  $/! Special Character Sheet (Any)
  •  VX/Ace Face Set (384x192)
  •  Ace Icons (384x936)
  •  VX Icons (384x384)
  •  VX/Ace Tileset A1/A2 (512x384)
  •  VX/Ace Tileset A3 (512x256)
  •  VX/Ace Tileset A4 (512x480)
  •  VX/Ace Tileset A5 (256x512)
  •  VX/Ace Tileset B/C/D/E (512x512)

Last edited by a moderator:

zolon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm hoping I can get some help with using this. I am trying to convert over some of my sprites, but all I get is that processing has failed. Anyone know how to fix this.

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm hoping I can get some help with using this. I am trying to convert over some of my sprites, but all I get is that processing has failed. Anyone know how to fix this.

Hi!

I've had further hosting issues, so things are probably borked at the moment. I've just tested it myself and it's not working properly; but I'm not exactly sure which part of the process is going wrong as of yet. I'm actually migrating hosts (again) so the issue should be solved as soon as I find time. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please, Ultima2876, don't let it die! This tool is very very useful :D Thanks for your work.

zolon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi!

I've had further hosting issues, so things are probably borked at the moment. I've just tested it myself and it's not working properly; but I'm not exactly sure which part of the process is going wrong as of yet. I'm actually migrating hosts (again) so the issue should be solved as soon as I find time. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!

Thank you for your quick response. I hope you can fix it soon.

Thank you!!!!!

zolon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you!!!

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just about to convert some RMXP tiles when I recalled that this tool was a thing, but there's still no support for that it seems.
Is it on the horizon or should I not hold my breath? //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Good to see that it's up and running again btw.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I miss my VXA project, so I might be rushing for RSE. Dropping a random progress report
AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naftris