Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MVQuizzer v0.4
by Starbird

Free for non-commercial use.

This system helps game developers create educational games or in-game quizzes very quickly.

Note: This plugin is NOT plug-and-play. Detailed instructions for the simple setup steps are included.

Short Online Demo here

THE BASICS:
What does it do? MVQuizzer displays and evaluates multiple choice, true/false, and short answer questions. The system allows you to create and manage a large database of questions with ease. Quickly add or change questions without having to step through maps and events.

FEATURES:

getQuestion.js
Plugin reads questions from a js file in the plugins.
questionDatabase.js
JSON-based question database. Questions can either be left human-readable or encoded to hinder cheating. Easily balance rewards/penalties in a simple text editor.

Create questions using included html forms. Just copy and paste the resulting text string into questionDatabase.js

Multiple Choice Questions
* Ask and evaluate multiple choice questions with two to five response choices displayed in randomized order
* Include image and sound files with questions
* Optional question timer

True / False Questions
* Ask and evaluate true/false questions
* Include image and sound files with questions

Short Answer Questions
* Ask and evaluate short answer questions
* Include image files with questions
* Option to check for proper capitalization
* Keyboard and mouse input

Reward / Penalty System
* Assign rewards and penalties for right and wrong answers.

Streaks/Slumps
Easily track streaks and slumps using included switches and counters to trigger event listeners.

DOCUMENTATION:
Full documentation PDF included in demo file below.

DOWNLOAD DEMO AND ASSOCIATED FILES HERE

End notes:

Known issues:
-Scene pop problem after defeating enemy on wrong answer (fix soon)
-occasional timer lag

There are a handful of features that I had intended to add to this plugin system, but with the upcoming release of MZ, I'm currently planning to revisit this plugin once I've purchased the new RPG Maker. Any further releases will probably be for that platform instead of MV.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I confirmed my train ticket yesterday. I'll be heading to Orlando on the 29th... last time I went, I found this little treasure!
Done with another simple battleback :LZYcheeze:
Anyone else find it amusing that people watch videos of tragedy and then try to take the "moral high ground" by having sympathy for the victims? Dude, you watched the tragedy for the same reason everyone else. People being injured is an instinctive human curiosity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordPenguin666