Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
C47_Effekseer4MV v1.0.0
by chyj4747​

Introduction
This plugin is used to experience effekseer editor.
Also the effect must be better in MZ because in MV it has to use low version of effekseer.
effekseer_MV_1.gif

How to use
See the plugin help section (including effekseer version and its download page).

Terms of Use
Free for any use.

But if you use it in the game project you wanna release to public, I can not ensure everything is ok due to some problems. These problems may cause unknown bugs.

Again, this plugin is only for experiencing effekseer. And also shows how to code effekseer in RM.

Credit
chyj4747

History
2020/07/13 Upload the first version

Download
Include this plugin and some sample effects from effekseer official website.

Attachments

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wondered when someone would make this plugin, nicely done! :LZSexcite:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure I understand. Why are you providing a plugin, while telling people they can't use it?

chyj4747

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The terms of use here seem kind of contradictory?
So does that mean it's allowed to be used in a game, or not?
Sorry about my poor English.

The "project" here means game project(not demo project or test project) or the project you wanna release to public. If you use the plugin in game project then I do not know what will happen with all the problems(you can see some warnings in console).

You can use it to experience effekseer editor and to see how the effect will be rendered in RM. That's it.

I just give a way to show how to code effekseer in RM.
If you or someone can fix all the problems, then it also can be used in game project.

Last edited:

chyj4747

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure I understand. Why are you providing a plugin, while telling people they can't use it?
My poor English make you canfused. Sorry about it.

Of course you can use it. I'm just saying not use in the project you wanna release to public. The "project" means game project(not demo project or test project) . You can create any test project to experience effekseer with this plugin.

Last edited:

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried downloading it to see what warnings you meant, but I couldn't extract it.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so if I understand correctly, you're saying that you do not want this plugin to be used for a real project, but it would be acceptable to use your code as the basis for a plugin which is then used for a real project?

Or to put it another way: your plugin is intended for experimentation only and thus shouldn't be used in a released game, but the code is free to use in any way, including making another plugin that does basically the same thing.

I figure this plugin (or something similar) would be really nice for someone who started their game in MV and then buys MZ for the new animation effects and wants to use those in their MV game, as updating a game to the new engine often isn't worth the effort.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think he means he doesn't recommend it for anything more than testing but you can do whatever you want with it.

chyj4747

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so if I understand correctly, you're saying that you do not want this plugin to be used for a real project, but it would be acceptable to use your code as the basis for a plugin which is then used for a real project?

Or to put it another way: your plugin is intended for experimentation only and thus shouldn't be used in a released game, but the code is free to use in any way, including making another plugin that does basically the same thing.
Not exactly.

Of course you can use for a real project (it's free for any use) if you don't care about the warnings. Actually I'm just saying this plugin may cause bugs and advise not to use in a real project, because I don't know what bug may happen. No one want their big project crashing due to this plugin.

In fact some warnings are bugs, they shouldn't appear in real project, e.g. the webgl warning. But in case just doing simple tests, you may not realize any problem if you don't open the console.

More like what michaelmartin341 said:
I think he means he doesn't recommend it for anything more than testing but you can do whatever you want with it.
If someone can fix the warnings, especially the webgl warnings, or make a more compatible version plugin, then it's better for any use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's my birthday! :kaoluv: Also, Cupcake is done and out(ill post about it in a couple of days, busy today)
Not to be greedy, but if anyone happens to have VX Ace or MV Resource steam keys that I don't have, lying around, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
Got accepted into the architecture degree. Now I have all the doubting questions. Have to give them an answer in the next few days.
Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!

EDIT: Just an RPG Maker MV gift remaining! XP has been taken.
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guhh