MVStripper - remove unused assets from your MV project

TheAlphaRune

Fledgling Indie Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yup, it checks through /js/plugins to see if they have resources hardcoded also. It'll incidentally check any subdirectory under /js -- it's a recursive function.

With audio, it copies both the ogg and m4a files. Similarly, with tilesets, it copies the png and txt files for each used tileset.

The recommended workflow is:

- Work on your project

- When you want to export for testing, save project

- Run MVStripper, target new directory

- Open new directory in RPG Maker MV and test to make sure it's fully working

- Export (deploy) from stripped project

EDIT: Had some more time to look into the plugin issue. It does seem to be copying activated plugins properly after all - they're saved in a file called /js/plugins.js and it exists in both the source and target projects. The first time I tested it I may have forgotten to save my project before running MVStripper - I can successfully 'strip' a project and it has all the plugin information in the stripped project as expected.

Yeah....This isn't working for me.  Every time I try it keeps saying "This is not an RPG Maker File!"

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah....This isn't working for me.  Every time I try it keeps saying "This is not an RPG Maker File!"

Make sure you're running MVStripper on a copy of your project - this strips assets pre-deployment.

So the way to do it is:

1. Copy your project folder to a new location

2. Run MVstripper on the copied project folder

3. Open 'stripped' project folder in RMMV

4. Deploy game as normal

TheAlphaRune

Fledgling Indie Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Make sure you're running MVStripper on a copy of your project - this strips assets pre-deployment.

So the way to do it is:

1. Copy your project folder to a new location

2. Run MVstripper on the copied project folder

3. Open 'stripped' project folder in RMMV

4. Deploy game as normal

Thanks, I got it going.  Now if only I could figure out how to shrink the file size more. 268 MB is still kinda big.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited by a moderator:

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yup, I've got some ideas to improve this when I find some time. Been super duper busy with my day job and other commitments (learning to drive!) but maybe I can squeeze in some time this weekend. We'll see :)

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Ultima2876, I'll be using your software today for my demo of the game that is about to be released this month. Do you require any sort of credit?  :)

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Ultima2876, I'll be using your software today for my demo of the game that is about to be released this month. Do you require any sort of credit?  :)

No credit required :)  however if you PM me a link to the demo once it's up, I'd love to try the game out!

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No credit required :)  however if you PM me a link to the demo once it's up, I'd love to try the game out!
 Ok will do! I appreciate it!  :)

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
WoW, awsome program!

My project weight was 429 Mo, now it has gone to 190 BD

ZaleAcon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been trying to download the Mac version, but it says that the webpage is not available.

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been trying to download the Mac version, but it says that the webpage is not available.

My apologies! The server was down! Unfortunately they had a weird file system error that apparently almost never happens. :(

Anyhow, it should be back up now, so please try again!

ZaleAcon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My apologies! The server was down! Unfortunately they had a weird file system error that apparently almost never happens. :(

Anyhow, it should be back up now, so please try again!

Hey, don't worry about it! These things happen. It's working fine now, so thanks for taking a look!

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you it's very helpful.

Rhynn

RPG Maker Newbie
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Thank you very much for this! It'll still be a while before I'm ready to deploy my first project, but I was really worried about the filesize already. This is bound to help with that :D

square357

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
BD  GREAT WORK!

+1 This should be included in RMMV

I am scratching my head especially sense you said you did this in a few hours.

quocvinh2015

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is even better than the feature "exclude unuse resource" in the RPG Maker MV

ItchiStik

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having trouble getting this to work, whenever I click on that 'select a project folder' and go to the Game's folder, it tells me that its 'not and RPG Maker MV project' What folder exactly am I choosing?

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm having trouble getting this to work, whenever I click on that 'select a project folder' and go to the Game's folder, it tells me that its 'not and RPG Maker MV project' What folder exactly am I choosing?

Make sure you're running it on the project folder (before you export your game from RMMV) - I recommend making a copy of your whole project folder, running MVStripper on that, then opening that up in RMMV. :)

quocvinh2015

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
You should select the folder that contain the RPG Maker MV project file ( Sorry I forgot the file extension)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.
Today I found out that ladybirds\ladybugs are apparently named for the Virgin Mary. They're also known as God's cows in some places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewArdena