Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have question concerning requesting edits. As most (but not all) of the tiles in the MVT Tileset are from MV. How does the EULA effect those specific tiles. Example given. (Dark Fantasy Tileset has the most edits for example)

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I own Trinity and the EULA says:

I. Introduction
Thank you for purchasing MV Trinity Resource Pack. The contents of this pack were created by Gotcha Gotcha Games and include assets that can be used for RPG Maker and Visual Novel games.

**********************************************************************************************

2.4 Solely used for the creation of your game, you can edit, process, and modify the materials contained in the Resource Pack. You will not share these edits with others.

2.5 Do not sell, distribute, lease, or transfer the Resource Pack itself (even if the materials were edited, processed, or modified by the User), as a whole or any of its parts.

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
thats the thing though, most of the tiles are from mv itself.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I'm assuming you're questioning if the assets can be used in MZ since they are edits of MV. I'm also assuming you are referring to the pack sold as MZ DLC - I have to assume since you didn't clarify any of this in your post.

I don't have the pack so I cannot read the full EULA, but I cannot see a situation in which they would release a pack for an engine that you cannot use in that engine. I know typically we say "You have to own the engine the edits came from." However, in this case, the pack was specifically released for use with MZ, regardless of the origin of the tiles, so logic would follow that you can use them in MZ.

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use this DLC in all RPG engines. For clarification, I enclose one more excerpt from the EULA:

III. About Resources in this Materials Add-on Pack The resources in MV Trinity Resource Pack are created for use in game development only, using RPG Maker MZ. Alternatively, you may also use these materials with other RPG Makers, as long as you have a valid and legal license for both engines. You may not use these materials in other game-development software.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My recommendation:
For full use of Trinity, however, it is good to have RPG Maker MV, because they complement each other. For example, Trinity contains images for MV RTP character sheets People, Monster, ..., while Trinity contains character sheets only for the newly added People 2, Monster 2, ...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!
There's always a time when you're super excited to create something but you already have no energy left. :I
I think of all the effects in my game, the light passing through fog has got to be my favorite....

...Also I spent all day trying to figure out how I had suddenly messed it up and made it start dropping frames like crazy. So I had all day to look at it... mocking me... with it's previous 60fps reduced to 30fps... At least it's fixed now.
Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weaversenpai