Not open for further replies.

Flame Retardant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm early in the development of my first serious project, and when I try to playtest it, the character sprite won't move at all. Controls work from the main menu, and when I do a battle test from the troops tab of the database, I experience no problems. But for some reason, the character won't take a step in any direction on the map.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you can turn your character but not walk, it's probably a passability setting. On your B tab, make sure the left top tile has a * passability set. Otherwise, check the passability of the tile the player is on.

If you can't turn, you likely have an autorun event going that you forgot about.

Flame Retardant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you can turn your character but not walk, it's probably a passability setting. On your B tab, make sure the left top tile has a * passability set. Otherwise, check the passability of the tile the player is on.

If you can't turn, you likely have an autorun event going that you forgot about.
It WAS an autorun event. I'm still learning a few basic things about how the software works and had no idea they worked like that. Thank you!

ItzTerry

Magician of Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah. You can't walk until an autorun event has been erased.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally showing some updates again
I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drekex