My custom .TTF font is causing YEP_Core Enigine to crash the game.

Marmit

La vie n'est qu'une toile vierge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I changed the games font by editing the game font file.
bu.PNG
And the font works, but every time I open the menu screen I get this error message:
Capture.PNG
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn't look like there should be anything wrong with the file name. Did you remember to add the file to the folder? and make sure the names are exactly the same?

Otherwise you may try using that Yanfly plugin that loads custom fonts.

Marmit

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem seems to lie in colour commands and gradients like the error message suggests.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do not change teh file if you know what you do, and tff isn't really supported
by changing that.

if you want it to be saver, use this plugin by yanfly which load custom fonts.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem seems to lie in colour commands and gradients like the error message suggests.
Can you reproduce the error in a new project?

Marmit

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do not change teh file if you know what you do, and tff isn't really supported
by changing that.

if you want it to be saver, use this plugin by yanfly which load custom fonts.
No changing the game font file works as long as you know what you're doing.

Can you reproduce the error in a new project?
While doing this I figured out the problem, another plugin for the windows was interfering, which is probably why it mentions colours.

Cqualt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey im glad this thread is still open i did the EXACT same thing. Driftwood gaming video tutorial on how to change text through the same method, After downloading and installing the desired font and copy pasting it from the fonts folder into the game font folder, Driftwood recommend you change to just "GameFont" in YEP Coreengine and Message core plug ins to which i did. Game is stuck on Now Loading...

After learning the file must be a ttf type which it is.. but then also needs .ttf at the end of the file to which i did and copy pasted into the .css file replacing the old font.

still stuck.

I then Reverted EVERYTHING back to normal such as replacing it back to the old font with old name of the font and then even changing back the font options back in plugins or even leaving it after but yet even reverting back everything to normal again the game is now stuck on Now Loading...

I am STUCK and i cannot get my game to even load or even change font, if anyone has a method on how to fix this i would much appreciate it thank you!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cqualt Please don't hijack other people's thread. Please start a new thread. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.
I'm currently playing Ara Fell - I can see why it's had generally good reviews. The exploration aspect is pretty strong and the writing is passable.

The game auto-saves and offers an option to turn back just before each major combat, and immediately brings the player back to the last position saved when there's a TPK. Convenient at the very least.
This is Krizzirk Toeuia Aeslan, I'm picking up transmission. Draftwingeds on, duty on, exhaust ready. 310 Immulicationsers approaching. I'll take the cake and----hold it!!! My Cosvere Radar detected 3001 of them!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L3Seraphin