Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Everyone! I figured this might be something useful for all users including myself. I will keep track of all my Favorite JavaScript calls used in RPG Maker MV!!

Feel Free to post comments with your favorite also! This is just starting out as I ran out of time today this will be an on going updated post. I will post Plugin specific script calls also that I enjoy using.

Used inside Conditional Branch:
$gamePlayer.x === X && $gamePlayer.y === Y $gameSelfSwitches.setValue([Map, Event, 'Switch'], truefalse) Keys: (Input.isTriggered('ok')) (Input.isRepeated(ok')) (Input.isPressed('ok')) (Input.isLongPressed('ok')) Mouse: (TouchInput.isTriggered()) (TouchInput.isRepeated()) (TouchInput.isPressed()) (TouchInput.isLongPressed()) (TouchInput.isCancelled()) (TouchInput.isMoved()) (TouchInput.isReleased())

I also really love using Galv Button Events plugin and using the script calls he provides to make amazing things! Be Creative and you can make almost anything! :D

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for gameVariable -> script "any text here" (easy to update)
for using \v[n] and show that text.

ideal for nice mechanic like a password door required 3 pieces,
so you can update it, that use in a conditional branch:

if: script: $gameVariable.value(n) == "any password name here"
do stuff
else
search pieces or whater
end

there are more sweet once though, depending on the mechanic,
this can also be random number for keycard that need to be match,
password door, etc etc (as long you can be creative).

BlueMoon

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Inside RPG MAKER MZ, you can use the the Graphics.app ticker for doing any kind of cool stuff with the game loop. An example, it's to make an event fading to zero opacity within waiting for the transition itself.

Here you are the example:
1626966332524.png

The effect:
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

MainMenu.PNG
Finally satisfied with the main menu xD

The plan was to have battle sprites in the menu...But these faces from Ocean's Nostalgia look pretty damn good imo. (Will have to adjust for them ofc and maybe recolor to match the overworld/battle sprites more)
It's always disturbing to me to see my cat eating something off the bathroom floor.
Sometimes it works out to not do work on my game for a while. I ran through a playtest today and got about a page of things to fix or improve...
I got lot's o balancing to do lol... I think I'll redo my skills for the 3 party members for the 5th time lol. but I need them to be more distinct for balancing the RPS element system since fights are 1 on 1 with tagging.
Our latest Make a Game in MZ Stream is here! Today, we're going to create a complex switch puzzle, where flipping one switch also toggles the switches adjacent to it. Join now to see how it's done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stuffchan