My first attempt Action Sequence, some kind of punch skill.

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, here is my first attempt to create an Action Sequence in MZ. The actor dashes forward, charges, and then throws two punches.

Now I mainly focus on the movement and action, so it has no effect, damage, and other things yet. Maybe I should say it's only half done. haha.

Anyway, I recorded it with steam and uploaded to youtube. Maybe someone would like to check it.
Here to check my first Action Sequence

Oh, feel free to say anything about it. It's my first one after all. All kinds of criticism are welcome.

AkraticHuman

Human
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Pretty nice stuff. In general with action sequences, I suggest speed and impact. A little bit of damage and knockback on the enemy would help with that. Reducing the wait time between actions by just a tiny bit would help too.

I'd also suggest a different motion toward the enemy. Gliding forward seems a bit unnatural. Lots of choices to mess with. Jumping toward target; jump + flip; fade in, fade out; all would look a little nicer.

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the opinions, guys. :D

@Aesica Yes, After re-checking the anim, I think it's a little slow. I will make the punch move faster. :)

@AkraticHuman Visustella wave 5 has just come out. I think I'll add a shock wave. This action sequence is slow because I want to give it the one-inch-punch feeling. Being slow and calm first, and then the punch bursts out. For moving forward, I agree. Gliding did look weird. I think I'll just change it back to the default, jumping forward. I want to save flip for other actions. So far, there aren't many options for moving motions, due to the limitation of the SV battler sprite. Am brainstorming.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voting for the first round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup!

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flopinou74