Martine1979

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I need some tips on what i shall use when i set this up. I am thinking that main character's father in story die in first boss battle alone.
I bought RPG maker last Friday. (17th) and i have watch some youtube videos on boss encounters but none of them mention what i wanna do for this encounter. I am thinking also to set up background to be same as i did in there you can try battles and in battle test it works great. Father and boss is 1 vs 1 but when i try this encounter i notice i have 3 invisible members that i want gone and after fight story shall countinue but i need some help what options i shall do this as i have thought about it.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
battle test is mainly only good for making sure skills (that dont have variables in the formula)
and enemy AI and troop events are working correctly.
gameplay combat testing is best done in playtest so you know how many items you actually have,
expected level when reach those fights, and most likely equipment you will have.
battle test has a few flaws like the variables not being set and max items available.

i notice i have 3 invisible members that i want gone
when setting up battle test you will see numbers 1-4 at the top. you need to set 2, 3 and 4 to be "actor: none"
when you make an encounter using an event and playtest instead of battle test you are able to setup what happens when win/lose/flee.

Last edited:

Martine1979

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you.
Sorry for late response. Has been busy to make this special battle to work. : )

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DadOfSpaceMonkey